Death Final 2
323 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The necromancer shouted as the bones coalesced into a definite form of a terrifying creature that had four limbs, a tail and had wings at it back, the creature was large, standing at 15 meters in height and with a wingspan of 10 meters. The dragon let out a roar that shook the ground, the roar reverberated in throughout the city and struck fear on those who heard it. The roar from the dragon caused the two adventurers who seemed to have been relaxed to open their eyes wide and let out a shocked voice as they laid their eyes on the mass of bones that formed a dragon. The two adventurers could only curse themselves for not ending the battle sooner.

"Damn it, the strategy is now out of the window. What do we do?"

Evileye exclaimed as she saw the mass of bones that was the skeletal dragon. The beast was massive, and it exuded a menacing aura that that made her hairs stand straight, of course she was not afraid, and neither was Lakyus however the beast's presence was something that quite intimidating.

"The strategy is still the same. We just need to take out the necromancer, and the dragon will disappear".

Lakyus explained. However, they will not be able to take out Khajit without having to deal with the dragon first. She blundered with telling the other three to stay behind, this was a grave mistake she made as leader and it was clear that she needed to do better, she let a single fact about the battlefield change her perspective on the severity of the situation. How many years has she been an Adamantite class adventurer, yet she still makes such mistakes, disgraceful.

"HA! HA! HA! HA!"

Khajit laughed as he witnessed the dragon in all its glory. The creature was magnificent, its boned form glistened in the moonlight, and he couldn't be happier with the result. Tightening his hold on the purple orb, he commanded his dragon to attack.

"Burn these foolish adventures to ashes my skeletal dragon."

"What !!"

The two adventures could only exclaim as they heard the necromancer's words. The giant maw of the dragon opens wide, its jiggered teeth opening wide as a purplish black flame gurgled forth from its mouth and shot towards its target, the flames moved through the air the intense heat they generated was hot it melted the tombstones that were nearby as the flames rushed toward the two members of blue rose.

"Maximize magic: crystal wall".

Evileye quickly cast a spell, and the flames collided with the wall made from crystal. Maximize magic was the type of Metamagic magic that increased the effectiveness of any spell applied to it, it is an incredibly important sub-category of magic that was useful for all types of spells, even weak offensive spells could be dangerous with maximize magic*. Although there was a limit to its uses as one can not use the same form of Metamagic twice on the same spell, although you could stack other forms to the same spell but only once as well.

The flames collided with the with the wall causing to shake violently, Evileye could feel the pressure that was being exerted by the flames and she held her hands forward and tried desperately to maintain the wall and make sure that it does not collapse. 

"Hngh! Lakyus we'll need to move; the flames are too powerful!"

"Got it."

The wall cracked and both adventurers jumped in different directions, Evileye casting the [fly] spell and Lakyus jumping high up and landing on the walls of the gate that separated the cemetery the city however just as Lakyus landed on the wall someone landed at the same time as her and before she could turn her head and see who it is, the person shouted.

"HOLY SHIT A FIRE BREATHING SKELETAL DRAGON!! LET'S FUCKING GO!!"

Arthur marvelled at the sight of the creature and truly cemented the fact that he was in fact in a fantasy world, was it really a fantasy if you did not see a dragon or something close to one? The answer would be no, by his standards. Hearing the sudden outburst from the man Lakyus nearly tripped and she let out a dumbstruck sound that caused Arthur to turn his head towards her.

"Oh, sorry for that, the name's Arthur pendragon."

He quickly introduced himself to Lakyus who seemed a bit shocked for some reason however she quickly collected herself and introduced herself.

"My name is Lakyus, my friend over there is Evileye, nice to meet you too".

Evileye quickly flew towards them but as she did, she noticed the dragon stop moving for a bit and caught a glimpse of the necromancer on his knees panting, it seemed like controlling the dragon took a lot of strength. she arrived and landed near her comrade.

"Cool, what's the plan?"

"In order to get rid of the dragon we need to take out the necromancer the problem is in order to get to him we need to get past the dragon."

Lakyus explained and Evileye concurred with her, Arthur figured they could have done this before he arrived here, from what he knows about Evileye she should be powerful enough to take on Khajit by herself or maybe Khajit was much more powerful than the original, he certainly doesn't remember there being a skeletal dragon that breathed flames which basically informed him that this was an AU like he suspected. 

"I see, ill take care of the dragon and you guys take the on the necromancer."

"Taking a dragon by yourself is crazy talk, it makes more sense if two of us take on the dragon instead."

Evileye countered his argument, with the dragon being as powerful as it is, it needs two people to handle it, one to draw its fire and the other to deal damage to it as such as a person with the flight spell she would draw its fire while either Lakyus or Arthur deal damage.

As they were discussing this on their peripheral vision the dragon began to move once again, Khajit who had suddenly lost a bit of control over the dragon, but he regained it back and commanded it to move once again. The creature was quite the hassle to control and those black flames that it produces required his own magic power hence why he was panting but the dragon draining him was unexpected, but as long he is careful it should be fine, he doesn't have magic power to spare but it should be fine, he hopes. The dragon flapped its bony wings and began to take off.

"See what I mean?"

Evileye said as they saw the dragon begin to take off the ground, technically without proper wings the dragon should not be able to fly however dragons have an inherent [fly] skill so even in death they can use it. Seeing the dragon flying Arthur responded to Evileye. 

"You make a valid point, however, consider this."

The dragon roared once more and again its scream shook the entire area as it charged at its opponents planning to crash on to them using its head, both Lakyus and Evileye were quick to take a stance ready to jump right before it crashed.

"Consider what? Its charging at us. We'll jump before it hits, me and Lakyus will take it on you deal with the necromancer."

Evileye ordered however Arthur did not respond and simply raised his arm high up in the air, he took a breath before he swung it down like a blade and with precision and accuracy, he completely split the skeletal dragon into two halves right in the middle of its nose, rendering the beast into a pile of bones that fell from the sky like rain. With a single attack Arthur was able to completely destroy the creature and with seemingly no effort, both members of blue rose and Khajit could only stare at him in awe, for Evileye in particular such a display of power was something she hadn't witnessed in hundreds of years.

"See? Now we have at least a few minutes before the dragon reforms, quickly dispatch of the necromancer".

Arthur informed the adventurers, but they seemed to be in a bit of shock, while Evileye was shocked to see such a display of power after a long time, Lakyus while in a bit of shock she could not help but feel a sense of disappointment. She certainly is still young and has been considered to be among the fastest growing adventures, she was near her twenties, yet she was an Adamantite class adventurer as such being proud of her strength was warranted but Arthur was the same age as her and managed to take out a dragon in one attack something she can never to do.

Arthur on the other hand couldn't help but feel excited and giddy inside, seeing the shocked look on their faces or rather the shocked look on Lakyus(Evileye has a mask) brought him a great level of joy, he has always wanted to flex like that in front of people/women and now he has finally done that, not only that but having done that, once this is all over having blue rose attest to his strength is an added bonus to the plan of out doing Gazeff.

"Hey! Get to it, or we'll miss our chance!" 

Arthur spoke and reminded the two adventurers of the plan, pulling out of their reverie the two jumped in action, with Lakyus moving at faster speeds than Evileye, causing the short adventure to take note of this and raise her brow beneath her mask.

"Damnit NO!"

Seeing the two adventures rush towards him Khajit screamed in anger as he threw the purple orb in his hand on the ground, quickly using his staff he activated a barrier around him to give himself enough time to properly think. Things had gone completely wrong and his dream was slipping, no, it was already gone, the skeletal dragon consumes large quantities of negative energy and completely depleted his reserves not only that he was also running out of magic power and practically powerless right now, he was not a match for the adventurers and the only route was to escape but unfortunately right now he could not cast [greater teleportation.]

"No damnit, I won't have my dream die here! maximize magic: mobile barrier!!"

He shouted once more as the cold steel of a blade collided with his barrier, the strength of the attack was enough to crack the barrier and send him crashing onto the walls of the building however his barrier was still intact.

"Maximize magic: crystal lance!"

Evileye followed up Lakyus 'attack with her own, a lance made of crystal spawned into existence and shot towards Khajit who in turn evaded the attack, not wanting to waste anymore magic power by letting the barrier get hit however Lakyus was already upon him as she unleashed another sword swing at the barrier this time completely shattering the barrier an leaving Khajit vulnerable however the necromancer was not done he quickly rolled to the side stood up and cast another barrier again. Evileye was about to cast as spell, but Khajit spoke.

"I have a hostage".

Those words caused both adventurers to stop in their tracts and not attack allowing Khajit a reprieve from the onslaught of attacks. 

"he's lying".

Evileye denied, it was not uncommon for people to lie when cornered in order to buy themselves time, she's has seen such things happen a lot.

"I'm not, his name is Nfirea, he is a well-known pharmacist, if you kill me, he dies too".

He informed, of course that last part was a lie, the boy was practically already dead, the crown of wisdom completely destroys the wearers mind rendering them into a vegetable but fortunately for Khajit these adventures knew nothing about that.

"If you listen to my demands he won't have to die?"

He said as he lifted his hand with two fingers raised, first and foremost he needed to replenish his mana so that he can make a full escape without issue, so he needs at least two magic replenishing potions and to escape without being pursued. Both Evileye and Lakyus stood in silence and waited for his demands.

"I have two demands ah-"

Unfortunately, his words were cut shot as his hand was cleanly sliced off his body, his blood sprayed, and he let out a scream that rung in the eardrums of those present. He rolled on the ground screaming.

"Hey! Why did you do that? He was about to tell us vital information."

Lakyus was the first to speak, chastising Arthur who simply ignored her words and spoke.

"Check the building, the hostage should be in there".

"How do you know that?"

"Because he is a necromancer, any hostage he takes has to be close by just in case he needs an undead, plus what is the point of keeping a hostage far away from your location if you planned on using it".

The two adventures could only nod in agreement with his words. Arthur on the other hand was partly disappointed, he had expected the dragon to reform and be brought back like it did in the anime, if he was being honest this was a disappointing conclusion to the fight, he didn't even get to fight clementine.

"I'll look for the hostage then, you guys should keep watch on him."

Evileye informed as she separated from the group and entered the mausoleum, leaving Lakyus and Arthur alone together in an awkward situation with only Khajit who was groaning in pain as the only source of sound.

"This was certainly an eventful day, hasn't it?" 

He asked doing away with the awkward silence. 

"Indeed, it has been, but I am pleased it is finally over now".

Lakyus responded a bit too formerly, but Arthur ignored that and instead tried to think of something else to talk about, but Lakyus was spoke before he could.

"Sir Arthur, could you satiate my curiosity?" 

"Sure, what's up".

"Why did you not use your sword, surely that technique you used on the dragon would work great with a sword."

She asked, a first when they saw the damages done to the buildings back when they had entered E-Rantel, she thought the technique was the same one used by Gazeff, the slash of light but seeing how he defeated that dragon she had to conclude it was a different technique all together.

"While that is certainly true to some extent, this blade on my hip is far too dangerous to be used casually, if I'm not careful a lot of people might die".

"I see"

Was all she said and let the awkward silence settle back in, Arthur thought she might be pondering what he just said however that was not the case, in her mind, Lakyus was thinking of something completely different.

'Is he like me?' 

...….. 

1st *[regarding maximize magic, I could not find anything within the wiki that explicitly state that you cannot use maximize magic of defensive spell, I also don't remember Evileye applying it to her defences in her battle against Yuri alpha(waifu btw) so I decide to take some liberties and change things a bit plus this is a AU so expect some minor deviances in lore, I already did that for undead.] 

A/N: One more, and we conclude the arc. Thanks for your support, I appreciate all of you

20