Death: final 1
490 4 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arrows flew in the air as they shot towards the red cloaked adventurer that is Evileye, she quickly took to the sky using the [fly] magic spell and evading and dodging the attacks, she then used a low-level magic shield to block those she could not properly evade.

“Magic arrow!!”

She yelled as golden arrow of mana flew from her fingertips and shot towards her target, but it was immediately dispelled as soon as it made contact with the undead archers causing her to click her tongue and realized that she would have to kill the necromancer in order to get rid of the undead protecting him. The enemy retaliated with more arrows aimed at her, however this time she cancelled the [fly] spell and dropped to the ground successfully dodging the attacks unfortunately for her the ground was swarming with undead that immediately attacked.

“Shard buckshot!”

Evileye shouted as small crystal like shards shot forward from her hands and scattered  towards the army of undead that crowded her, the shards spread out and pierced through the swarm of undead turning them to dust, it was almost as if she had shot rounds from a shotgun, that attack from her opened  up a path for her that led straight to the necromancer,  however she could not take the opportunity as she was forced to turn her back and defend from behind, having turned and prepared to launch another crystal lance she quickly realized that being on the ground was a mistake as the undead had already surrounded her and the opening she made had been already filled.

“SHIT!”

She cursed behind her mask, she was trying to save magic power however until Lakyus arrived, it seemed that was a mistake on her part, seeing that she had no choice she spread her arms open and prepared to use a higher tier spell that would get rid of the undead and give her some breathing room.

“Damn, no choice!!”

“TURN UNDEAD!!!!”

A shout reverberated in the air followed by a golden light that glowed bright and incinerated the undead before her, she quickly jumped up and used the [fly] spell once again, evading a dark energy sword slash released from the demonic blade, Kilineiram, the sword slash was powerful enough to completely destroy all the low level undead that swarmed the place and opened up some space for Evileye to land, however arrows were still coming forcing Evileye to put up a crystal wall as a barrier.

“What took you so long? You weren’t struggling against an opponent like that were you?”

Evileye spoke in a voice that held a mocking yet playful tone as she addressed her team leader, Lakyus could only roll her eyes and shrugged her shoulders at the words of her vampiric friend, Evileye was always one to take jabs at you even though she was really worried, it was an annoying but endearing part of her personality.

“I’m not the one who was about to be overwhelmed by low level undead but yeah keep talking”.

Lakyus replied in her own mocking way that caused Evileye to snort in amusement before responding.

“Please, these small fries are nothing I was just waiting for you.”

“Okay, if you say so.”

Lakyus responded with playful doubt that caused the masked mage to harrumph in a bit of displeasure seemingly unamused that her strength was being called into question.

“So, what’s the plan?”

“you’re the leader you tell me”.

Lakyus could only give her a deadpan stare, forcing Evileye to hold up her hands in surrender and admit that she was just joking.

“I haven’t figured out what his actual plan is, but it must have something to do with him standing at that mausoleum, his defence is a row of undead archers and two zombies that circle him”.

“So, we need to bypass the archers and the zombies to get to him, he also might have a barrier around him, so we need to prepare for that as well.”

The two adventures began to plan from behind the wall, while Khajit observed the crystalline blue wall that was erected before him by the adventurers, the red short one was already a nuisance on her own, now there was a second one who joined her and further held him back from achieving his goals, Clementine proved to be useless given the fact that she failed to prevent anyone from reaching this palace and now she is probably dead somewhere or she ran away when she found out she couldn’t win against them.

“Humph, you think I will allow that!”

He spoke, before ordering both his zombies that were supposed to be his defence to attack his foes and interrupt their plans, while the amount of skin or flesh present when an undead is created can dictate the amount of will it has and that in turn may make it difficult to control, this was not the case for zombies. Once an individual dies, their spirit and will, permeates into their flesh once the brain has fully rotted, and since the body is dead it rots and the leftover spirit within the flesh rots away with the flesh, hence why it so much easier to control skeletal undead however Zombies for the most part are fresh corpses, meaning that as long as you remove the brain beforehand it’s possible to control a zombie. Another way of controlling a zombie without going through the trouble of removing the brain is to have the person that will be turned into a zombie already be loyal to you.

The two zombies at his side had spring into action and attacked both colliding with hard surface of the crystal wall, Khajit was certain that wall they erected was because they needed time to plan and bypass his defences, they also took out all the low level undead he was using, while he can respawn them endlessly, he was also getting impatient. Using low level undead to eat away at their stamina would work, plus the negative energy in the area will drain their stamina however that will take too long. He was at the cusp of achieving his dreams and he did not want to waste any more time being held back, the best way to get this over with was to use the zombies as a distraction and summon his trump card.

“It will use up all the negative energy I have gathered but no matter, the death and devastation I have caused here should produce enough to refill and conduct the ritual without issue.”

Having said as much, Khajit then lifted the purple orb on his hand high up and it let out a torrent of dark purple negative energy that began to permeate into the scattered bones of the undead causing the bones to swirl like a tornado and began to take shape.

As this was happening the Zombies that had collided with the wall and cracked its surface, as a fresh corpse the strength of the zombie was definitely above average and in a few more hits the wall should collapse, rather than wait for that to happen both Lakyus and Evileye acted. Deactivating the spell, the two adventures came face to face with the zombies and with zero hesitation Lakyus acted first, utilizing Kilineiram she burst forth with speed worthy of and Adamantite class adventurer and bisected one of the zombies in to two halves and with swift movements she spun around quickly and did the same to the other one, easily dispatching of the threats causing Evileye to look her strangely.

“What?”

“You couldn’t have left one for me?”

“It’s not my fault you didn’t react fast enough”.

Lakyus retorted and shrugged her shoulders, Evileye could only shake her heard at her team leader’s words. Both adventurers couldn’t help but feel that they may have overestimated their foe and that the whole team could have easily handled this, in fact with the other three members here they could have finished this quickly and be done by now or at least that’s what they thought.

“Skeletal dragon Arise!!”

The necromancer shouted as the bones coalesced into a definite form of a terrifying creature that had four limbs, a tail and had wings at it back, the creature was large, standing at 15 meters in height and with a wingspan of 10 meters. The dragon let out a roar that shook the ground, the roar reverberated in throughout the city and struck fear on those who heard it. The roar from the dragon caused the two adventurers who seemed to have been relaxed to open their eyes wide and let out a shocked voice as they laid their eyes on the mass of bones that formed a dragon. The two adventurers could only curse themselves for not ending the battle sooner.

............

A/N: Okay now its two more chapters and we are done with this arc.

Thoughts on the chapter? Help this author improve.

23