Breakfast with the princess
674 4 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[City of E-Rantel]

It was quite early in the morning with only a single hour after Sunrise. However, the streets were already bustling with people. Vendors and Hawkers have opened Shop and are beckoning customers to buy theirs products, boastful young adventurers were on their way to complete a quest and many others going about their day. Everything was quite peaceful and tame. However, unbeknownst to the citizens within their very city, some trouble was brewing within it’s walls. 

The city of E-Rantel had a cemetery at the edge of the city, the cemetery wasn’t necessarily abandoned as there were still guards at its gate, in fact a majority of the citizens still buried their loved ones there with a few visiting once in a while, however currently within the Mausoleum at cemetery, a large number of individuals dressed in black robes had gathered and the sound of them having conversations amongst themselves could be heard.

“alright gentlemen settled down”

Another man who stood on an alter voiced and the crowd immediately turned their attention to him, the man had sickly pale Skin, a round but somewhat pointy Head, he wore a dark red robe and had a necklace of bones around his neck, he held a staff on one hand and purple crystal ball on the other.

“today we’ve collected the right amount of Negative energy for the ritual to work, and our activities at the Katze plains should attract the adventurers guild, this means that for the next few days we’ll have to lay low”

The Man, Khajit, spoke. These robed individuals belonged to the organization of Zurrernorn, a cultist organization that is quite obsessed with Necromancy and the undead and they were in E-Rantel because it was the perfect location to perform the ritual and it was the home of an asset that would be pivotal to the ritual’s success.

“I trust that unlike me, most of your faces are unknown as such. You should be able to blend seamless in the population of this city until I give you the signal”

The crowd nodded agreeing to his statement, it would be much easier to seize the city if the members of Zurrernorn disguised themselves as regular citizens of this city, this way they have the element of surprise should the adventurers guild not take the bait at the Katze plains.

“alright, I’ll cast Teleportation on each of you which should teleport you in a random alley, I’ll be here waiting for Clementine to bring the crown which shouldn’t take long if she’s as skilled as she says.”

Khajit finished, Clementine was certainly skilled and as a former member of the black scripture he was confident that she could pull off the job she had been given, however her personality left much to be desired not to mention should she be captured she’ll most like squeal everything, she wasn’t very loyal, putting his faith in her left him feeling uneasy but he would have to regardless how he feels.

Casting teleportation would be impossible for him to pull off considering that he is only a 4th tier caster however thanks to the purple orb on his hands and the amount of negative energy he has accumulated he should be able cast a 5th tier spell, of course this will drain the negative energy accumulated but it won’t be a significant amount.

‘Everything is going as it should so far. Hopefully, nothing goes wrong’

He thought as he silently prayed to the god of death Surshana and descended the altar.

……..

[Royal Palace]

Renner sat at her chair as the maids set the table and arranged the food, she had finished getting read for the day, it was now time for breakfast, unfortunately the royal family hardly had breakfast together with Her father almost always working, her brother Barbro seemed to eat it outside the castle, Zanac usually eating in his room with Marquis Raeven and Renner eating by herself in her room as well, however today she had someone to eat with which was Arthur and for some reason she felt quite excited about the prospect. 

A knock came from the door, and She told him to enter, and so he did.

“Good morning, princess. Gazeff said you wanted to see me?”

He fully entered the room and stood by the door, he saw the set table and the food on top of it, there seemed to an extra chair which he surmised was for him however he should be presumptuous.

“Arthur, good morning. Please sit and have breakfast with me” 

She beckoned him and he obliged, for the most part Arthur is supposed to eat breakfast by himself before coming to the princess’ chambers, eating breakfast was reserved for people who were close to you, of course Arthur was aware of this however he took this as her trying to establish a relationship, what kind of relationship was unclear but for himself he will try to make it a friendship but it will be up to future Arthur if it can go further than that. 

“thank you, princess, I truly appreciate this, I hadn’t eaten yet, so I hope you don’t mind my manners”

Renner quickly t the maids to leave as she planned for the conversation between her and Arthur to get a little more personal.

“please no need to worry, as your employer, it is my duty to ensure you are well fed and are ready to protect”

Renner smiled as she spoke. It took years to build trust. Both were aware of this as such. In order to build it faster, they needed to get to know each other quicker as well. Hence why eating breakfast with him was important because it establishes the idea that she wants to get close to him, and in turn, he will reciprocate that.

“Then I will ensure to eat my fill”

“please do, I need you at your full strength considering that today you’ll be proving yourself to everyone in the castle”

He gave her a nod, with UI and the cleave technique he was certain he was strong by human Standards, in fact in the Manga the cleave technique was able to quite literally bypass all defences including Gojo’s limitless so if he trains as best he could he should be able to achieve similar feats with it.

“moving on from that, since you’ll be my night, I thought it would best if you we know each other better, what do you think?”

“I was thinking the same, too"

.......

A/N: 10 chapters ahead on Patreon.

39