Chapter 1
355 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

—4 Years Later—

I felt the sun rays hit me, as I yawned and crawled to the right side of the bed, patting ever so lightly to not accidentally fall off the bed. I then crawled to the edge on the right side once I felt it, I then did the same to find my walking stick usually is placed on the right side of my bed, on the desk to be more precise.

I still don't understand why my parents put a desk inside my room, a relatively big one at that, despite my inability to see anything due to being blind. It came off as a shock, to actually realize that I am blind. I just thought my vision had not yet fully cleared up in the first few weeks of birth, but it never got better, it never did.

I'd say I grew numb to not being able to see, it sucked, but I could do nothing about it, and neither did my family. The only way that could lift me would be the time to awaken my martial spirit two years later. If I somehow awaken my father's Golden Threaded Weaving Spider a very chunni way of naming a martial spirit.

But, it would be my best chance because, if I remember correctly, a spider's hair is very special and can sense the disturbance in the air from afar and notify the spider of anything moving near it. It helped spiders detect nearby prey, sense their environment, and navigate their surroundings.

Knock! Knock!

"Young miss, may I come in?"

A soft voice shouted from the other side of the door as I stood up with the help of my walking stick, which my dad had a blacksmith make with a design for a walking stick for blind people in my previous life. It's one of those that had a roller on the end to prevent the user from tripping the stick upon any obstacles.

"You can come straight in, Dandan," I shouted to where the voice came from. Along with a loud creak from the door, soft steps rang out loud in my ears, as a hand gently held mine.

"I'll take you to the bath, young miss," Luo Dandan spoke softly, she was two years older than me, and was a servant specially trained by my parents for my special needs. They were a protective bunch, but I could see why, considering I'm the only daughter they got during their twenty years of marriage.

She guided me with slow and steady steps across the halls of our big house. I never knew what our parents or family did as a business since I never left the house, or they never let me out. It's not an abuse, they are just overprotective of the first girl they had in the family, a blind one at that. 

"We're here, young miss," She said as she opened the door and a stream of warm air flowed out of the room. She pulled me in and gently shut the door, then undressed me as she carefully washed my body with soap and water. While carefully washing my hair, Dandan whispered.

"What would you like to do today, young miss?"

"I'd like to ask Dad or Brother Jiahao if they can take me to work this time, if not, you can still read me a few stories from the books in the library."

"I'm sure they'll agree to it, young miss. And done! Would you like to soak in, young miss?" Dandan asked after slowly pouring a basin of warm water on my body to wash off the soap.

I nodded and she guided me to the stairs to a small warm indoor pool and sat at the edge of the warm pool. Leaning my full weight on the smooth walls of the pool, I let the water cover up over my shoulders, leaving only my head out of the water. I relaxed as I closed my eyes, not like it would change anything though. 

I always liked to relax at this warm pool for half an hour or so, it helps me be at peace with the current situation of my body. 

"Dandan, could tell me what I looked like again?" I asked softly, it's been a constant for me, to ask Dandan what I looked like in baths. So, that I can imagine in my head, myself.

"This again? Well, alright young miss," She chuckled.

"Young miss, you have short golden hair that reached your shoulders, one that shined like real gold like the rest of Master's family, wine-red eyes in contrast to your brothers' bright crimson, white skin due to you not going out as much, a short stature about 3.2" tall, and last of all, a cuteness not among any other."

"Though you surely would be a beauty once you grow up, young miss," Dandan said in a happy voice. I felt like she was smiling, with how happy she sounded, she should be smiling, right?

We soaked for a bit more than half an hour, and then Dandan pulled me through one of the rooms attached to this one, a dressing room. She dons me up in a black shirt and black skirt with golden designs, our family must really love gold then. Because according to Dandan everything in this house or mansion, I guess with how big it is, is decored in gold, plated in gold, and dusted in gold. Sadly, I cannot see it all.

After we were done dressing up, Dandan guided me along the halls again, and eventually, I began to hear some chatter. With the opening of the door, Dandan pulled me through the door and guided me to a chair, then she sat on my right.

"Ahem, now that Meixiu is here, the family is finally complete," A loud and boisterous voice sounded from my right, Gao Zhihao, my father, the head of the Gao clan, a rank 82 Spirit Douluo. "Had the chefs finished cooking the food, Dandan?"

"Yes Master, do you want the food to be served now?" 

"Have them serve the food now, and Meixiu, you asked yesterday if you can go out right? Well, today is the day you can finally explore the city. We've come to this decision with your mother but, you had to have at least one of us with you whenever you go out. Have fun in Heaven Dou City later, my dear."

"Meixiu, I can finally bring you to all those places I told you before!" A cheerful voice sounded from the other side of the table.

"Quiet down Yifan, I'm sure Meixiu would rather explore the city with her best older brother, me." A stern voice sounded from my right.

"Now now, you are just spitting bullshit, we're obviously the best older brothers." Two voices, one loud and one soft sounded at the end of the table.

"Language! You two are teaching Meixiu some bad words," A gentle voice sounded in front of me, and a hand then gently held mine. "Now, Meixiu, why don't you just go with mom, I'll take you to a lot of dessert shops in Heaven Dou City."

"Mom, aren't you gonna go to work today?" The stern voice from my right sounded again.

"Work can wait awhile, while it's the first time my baby's gonna go outside, I'm sure they can handle things at the colosseum, and that includes all four of you, so go ahead, shoo, Meixiu and I will go ahead and tour around Heaven Dou City."

And then the table basically went into chaos for who's gonna take me to tour around the city, the voices were my other family members. The first one was Gao Yifen, he's 15 and the third son of Mom and Dad. The second voice was Gao Jiahao, he's 19 and the eldest son in the family. The third and fourth voices were twins named Gao Liwei and Gao Lihan, with Lihan being the older of the two, they are both 12 this year. The last voice was my Mom, Gao Meilin, a rank 63 Spirit Emperor.

"Enough! Why can't we have breakfast in peace? Or eat anything in peace?" My Dad sighed, I would too considering that this happened a lot of times already. Over a lot of other competitions, which mostly includes me though, so I ain't complaining, it's nice to get all this attention.

"Now, Dandan, why don't you help Meixiu eat."

The breakfast went without a hitch, with Dandan helping me to eat since I couldn't see where the plate was or where the food on the plate even was. All that I had to do was open my mouth and Dandan would deliver the food to my mouth.

Although this was a pretty lazy way of eating, I totally hated it, I wanted to be able to eat by myself, and be able to do things by myself. Yet, all of that would have to wait till I awaken my martial spirit.

 

This just serves as an introduction of the characters in the story, and what's Gao Meixiu's situation is in Douluo Dalu.

 

If you’re enjoying this story, feel free to leave a rating or a review to help it! If you aren’t, then let me know what I can improve on. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments.

20