Chapter 2
278 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After that delicious breakfast which was composed of a steamed fish spirit beast, pancakes, bite-size steam buns, some fruits, and others that were too much for me to finish, since they kept putting food on my plate. And just like I read in the novels, and manga and watched in the anime, Douluo Dalu is weird in development. It was a weird mix and mash of Western and Eastern elements, heck the food was even a mix of the two.

You could be seeing western castles all around and then the inside decoration would be all kinds of eastern stuff. The people here look Chinese but would be wearing Western-styled clothes.

"The Datura Snake’s cultivation age is related to the size and color of its body. Prior to the 1000-year rank, its body is ink green and grows 1 meter in length for every 100 years of cultivation. When it approaches the 1000-year bottleneck, its body length is close to 10 meters.

Once it breaks through the 1000-year bottleneck, its power condenses as it continuously casts off its skin. This process changes the body color from ink green to pink, while the body length shrinks back to 1 meter. Afterward, its body length begins to increase once again at the rate of 1 meter per every 100 years of cultivation. Once it reaches 2000 years, the Datura Snake will shrink back again while its pink color gains a darker shade.

A 10,000+-year-old Datura Snake will change into a yellow color."

Datura snakea familiar name, never thought of it as a snake that was nonracist with all that color change growing up. Still, how the heck would I even identify a datura snake if I've never seen one, much less felt one? I would like to have listened to novels instead of records of common spirit beasts but, Douluo Continent's literature has been really dull. Maybe I could write some of the novels or series from Earth here for extra income?

Knock! Knock!

"Kindly open the door, Dandan."

"Yes, Young miss." She said, along with the sound of a book being slammed shut, then the creaking sound of a chair, and finally soft steps followed by a soft creak of the door. I heard the two whisper to each other by the door, not that I would hear it clearly no matter how blindness sharpened my senses with how large this library is.

A few seconds thereafter, Dandan approached me once more and whispered.

"Young miss, the Mistress has sent a servant to inform us that a carriage has been arranged and we are ready to leave."

"Hmm," I nodded and extended a hand which Dandan gently held and supported me to stand and started to guide me toward the gates of the mansion.

After walking through one last door I heard my mother shouting not far in front.

"Come Meixiu! Mom will take you to visit a lot of stores and we'll have fun shopping together." 

Then with rushed footsteps, Mom took my hand, guided me to the carriage, and sat me on a soft chair with a lumbar pillow. A few seconds later the carriage started to move, slow at the start, and became faster as time went on, though the comfort went from comfortable to unbearable to all the shaking and bumps.

Mom kept talking about all the fun stuff we could do together while touring around Heaven Dou City. However, I wonder if this is what those who have been kidnapped feel, blindfolded, not knowing who took them, and the kidnappers keep talking non-stop.

Fortunately for me, the carriage finally stopped after my butt started to feel numb. Then with the loud opening of the door, my mom took me to who knows where, since she stopped talking when the carriage stopped and just hummed along the way.

"Mom, where are we going?" I asked, a bit nervous, like it was my first time going outside, and I'm blind I don't even see anything without anyone telling me.

"Just wait a few moments sweetie, mom will take you to my favorite place."

She didn't talk anymore after that, but I'm guessing we're going to either a salon, clothing store, jewelry store... Wait, there are too many places for a rich woman to enjoy herself, I'm never going to be able to list all of that.

After a few minutes of walking, I heard a slight bell jingle and a door opening. Yet, not long after entering, I heard the sound of hurried footsteps, along with a flattering voice.

"Mrs. Gao! I already prepared the usual this time around and have someone notify your favorite masseuses, I'll lead you to your room quickly."

Mom must be a regular at this store with how hard this clerk? Is trying to flatter her, though I'm kinda excited to experience a massage since it's my first time experiencing one. Still, what are the differences between masseuses and masseurs?

"Prepare a milder incense today, Jiaxiu, other than that, you can keep the things as usual."

"Yes, Mrs. Gao."

A few more minutes of walking later, the sound of a door opening along with the mild smell of flowers, we walked in, and 'Jiaxiu' said a few more things.

"I'll leave you here then Mrs. Gao, just order the servant at the door if you have any other requests."

Then 'Jiaxu' exited the room and we were left to ourselves. Mom's hand gently held mine while guiding me to a dressing room, where we took off our clothes and wore white robes, after all of that we exited the dressing room.

"Girls, you can start now and take good care of my daughter for me, will you?"

After her words, soft melodious music sounded throughout the room, Mom let go of my hand and then a softer hand held mine and guided me to lie down on a table. She then untied my white robe and applied something like a lotion or oil on my body.

"Eek! Cold!" I couldn't help but move away from the table when a pair of cold hands touched my back, fortunately, the masseuse managed to hold me before I fell off the table.

"Just relax, young miss, leave everything to me." The masseuse chuckled lightly.

AKK!! 

That was so embarrassing! I wished I could just find a hole to bury myself in. I must look so stupid just now, and I assume my face is red as heck with how it's heating up quickly.

I don't know how the session ended, I just stopped paying attention due to how embarrassed I am of what happened earlier. And I still am embarrassed to this time that we are leaving the store. I asked Dandan how long it has been and she said it has been two hours, and I didn't remember anything that happened in those two hours other than the first few minutes of the session.

"You're still embarrassed about that?" Mom chuckled while rubbing my head. "How about this, I'll take you to my favorite dessert shop. You love sweets, right? You'll definitely enjoy yourself there."

I nodded with a bitter smile, but, sweets eh? Now that's something to look forward to! I don't know if it's because this world has spirit power which made sugar from sugar cane, chocolate from cocoa, and honey from spirit bees sweeter than those on earth. And they are healthier than those on Earth too, no need to worry about cavities and getting fat when eating sweets!

I extended my hand in the direction of my mom's voice and tried to find her hand, but my hand instead landed on something squishy. Of course like any other human would, I give the squishy thing a squeeze, it's like an instinct. I then heard a soft yelp of surprise, I immediately let go in shock, I already know what I just squeeze, and it was freaking embarrassing.

"Ara? Aren't you too old to be drinking milk? Well, if you really want to, Mom still has some milk in my body." Mom teased, and I assumed she was making a cheeky smile on top of that too.

"Can we just go?" I said in a low voice that was just low enough to be heard by Mom, I could feel my face heating up due to blushing as I felt the gaze of other people at me.

Mom laughed and then held my hand and pulled me towards the carriage where it took another 30 minutes of torturous bumps, we finally arrived at our destination.

Upon arriving at a big dessert shop, how I could tell the shop was big despite being blind? Well, Mom booked a private room the size of a living room for us to use.

I then picked a few desserts from the menu that Dandan read for me, an egg tart, a slice of caramel roll cake, and a cup of green tea. I'm not sure if I will be able to finish it all after my mom told me that each serving here is bigger than normal. But, it should be fine right? After all, girls have a different stomach for sweets.

"Mom, I've been curious about this for a long time, but, what is your job, along with dad and my older brothers? You guys kept me in the dark through four years, I think it's time I learned the secret." I asked while chewing on the soft caramel roll cake, the sweetness sending tingles throughout my body.

"Well, I guess it is indeed about time, do you remember the times I told you about the Continental Advanced Spirit Master Academy Tournament? Most of the preliminary matches of that competition are held at the Spirit Fighting Colosseums, and those colosseums are the property of our Gao clan."

"Spirit Fighting Colosseums?! Mom, does that mean that all the Spirit Fighting Colosseums in the Douluo Continent are ours?"

I'm shocked to the core I knew that we're rich and strong, but I didn't expect it to be that rich and strong!! It would be better if there is a Titled Douluo elder in the family, but, maybe there is one, and they just don't want me to know yet.

"Not all the colosseums, just the ones throughout Heaven Dou Empire, there's a different clan responsible for the colosseums in the Star Luo Empire."

"Then Mom, since you mentioned the Continental Advanced Spirit Master Academy Tournament, does our clan have its own school to participate in the tournament?"

"Yes, our clan has its own elementary, intermediate, and advanced academy, called the Golden Spider Academy, and it mainly recruits students with insect-like martial spirits, but we still accept geniuses with non-insect-like martial spirits. And we made it to the top 16 every single time in the tournament."

"Top 16?!"

Then, isn't this academy on equal grounds with the Four Elements Academy, Armored Elephant Academy, Heaven Dou Academy, and a bunch of other top-16 contenders?

"Shocked? Now you know how powerful your family is."

"Mmhm." I nodded quickly, with this start at least it's better than a certain Tang that eats porridge every single day.

"Mom, can we go to your workplace? The Spirit Fighting Colosseum, as a colosseum there must be a lot of exciting fights every day, right?" I asked subconsciously using a cuter voice to have a higher success rate in asking Mom.

"We could go, but, I'll take you to see one more place."

"Okay!"


"21,000! Going once! Going twice! Going thrice!! That's it!! Congratulations to the sir who bid just now to get this treasure for men who like to plow the land!"

"Okay, Folks! Next up is the fox fur dress made by Master Hu from a 10,000-year-old Elegant Snow Fox! This is a top-notch dress made by a master and has the effect of being cold in summer and warm in winter, so what are you waiting for?!! Bid starts for 4,ooo Golden Soul Coins!!"

"8,000!"

I looked towards the voice of my mom, I suspected her to be a fake girl since she had taken me to two places so far that are not related to shopping. Like, how could you be a girl if you don't like to shop right?

"Don't worry Meixiu, Mom will buy this dress for you. I'm sure it will look good on you."

I felt my head being rubbed as I smiled and nodded with a small "Um." I felt warm in my heart when I heard her words, I swear that I'll let all my family live a happy life when I grow up.

"Dad, I want that dress, it looks so good and fluffy." A soft begging voice came from the chairs behind us.

"Rongrong, don't you already have tons of clothes at home?" A voice filled with helplessness but full of underlying love answered.

"Come on Fengzi, it's just another piece of fur, all those wealth you had will be useless if you don't use it." This time a stern voice filled persuaded.

I didn't need to look to see who were the ones sitting behind us, it must be Ning Rongrong, Ning Fengzi the head of the Seven Glazed Tile Pagoda Sect, and Chen Xin the Sword Douluo, one of the two guardians of the sect. 

"You spoil Rongrong too much, Chen Xin." Ning Fengzhi sighed, but still honestly lifted up his sign and bid for the piece of fur with 50,000 Gold Soul Coins, surpassing all other bidders.

Damn! Just because you are rich, you can do anything huh?! It seems that I am not destined to be with this fox fur dress.

"55-"

I quickly grabbed Mom, tugged at her, and spoke in a soft voice. "It's okay mom, I don't need that dress, and it's not like I can see it anyway."

"Meixiu, you..." I can hear Mom's sadness in her tone as she hugged me and gently rubbed my back to comfort me.

"Hello ma'am, why did this sister say she can't see that dress?" Ning Rongrong asked curiously while looking at the cute girl who seemed to be about the same age as her.

Hearing her question, Gao Meilin didn't know how to answer her question, she couldn't just say that her daughter was blind outright. She then felt her daughter lift herself from her embrace and looked at the pink-haired little girl who asked the question.

"I'm blind, so how could I possibly see what that dress looks like, I don't even know what color it is, or how big or small that dress is."

I could hear the surroundings became quiet for a bit, in our area at least, the auction was still going on.

I then heard the sound of footsteps and then heard Ning Fengzhi.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Gao, today is Rongrong's first time going out and I haven't had the time to discipline her."

"It's okay Sect Leader Ning, today is also Meixiu's first time going out, it's such a coincidence." Gao Meilin smiled and sat Gao Meixiu in her chair.

"Dad, I don't want the dress anymore, I think it's better if we give it to this sister here." Ning Rongrong tugged at Ning Fengzhi's sleeve and acted cutely.

A trace of surprise flashed across Ning Fengzhi's eyes, this was the first time he heard something like this from his daughter, but then he smiled, thinking that his daughter had grown more understanding of others.

"Okay." He nodded with a smile.

Time passed to the end of the auction and Ning Fengzhi's group separated from our group at the entrance of the auction house, we rode the carriage back to our mansion, with me wearing the new dress that Rongrong gave me.

"Did you have fun today, Meixiu?"

"Um, today was really fun Mom, Thank you."

 

18