Chapter 22 – sweet talk
56 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the workout, I feel like a corpse being forced to walk. Disgusting. But not only the body suffered. It turns out that students have the right to ignore any discipline. They also choose at the end of the month what they want to teach and what they don't. The only exceptions are history disciplines that are mandatory, and future disciplines related to the student’s future title. Considering that my father is a general, and I, as the main heir of her family, am obliged to study military affairs. And I don't mind that. But my beloved mother, before my admission, made sure to push me into the disciplines of feminine manners. Ugh, disgusting. Didn't she see that I was not good for a woman? I was the only ugly idiot among them. It was unpleasant to hear comments from the teacher about how I was different compared to other noble women's. I've heard a lot of these comments before, but I didn't think that I would have to deal with this again.

Now, I'm here. I wander around not understanding what I’m looking for. I guess I need to go back to my room. But I don't feel like I want this. As if there would be something useful to find here. I heard that there is a library here somewhere. But where? And it's already late. It's almost night and it's time to sleep. But I understand why I can’t sleep. I go with the purpose of dealing with someone. Solve all our problems.

Lane was sitting on a bench and drinking something. What kind of plastic cardboard? Some of the maids sometimes drank something similar. It doesn't matter, I don't have to worry about what it is. I sit down on the bench next to her. She looks at me, but remains silent. I also look at her for a couple of seconds, and decide not to look at her, but at the unusual landscape of moons. They look beautiful.

"I want to talk." I say it quietly, but loud enough for her to hear. She is silent and continues to drink the strange drink. Noticing my attention to the box, she hands it to me. "No thanks, I don't know what it is. Milk? Is that correct?" Suddenly she looks shocked. "You don’t know what milk is!?" Is it really that surprising? "I drank water, and sometimes, if I was lucky, tea. All last month, I drank more tea than probably my entire life." After this comment, she looks at me a little with pity face.

"I'm sorry." I look at her a little confused. What is she apologizing for? She gives me milk again. "Try it at least once." Okay, since that’s what she wants. I take the strange box and drink it. And oh my god. This is a truly unusual taste. I definitely wasn't ready for this taste. "Thank you." I said it sincerely, this taste is really unusual. But I digress from the main topic. Or rather she distracted.

"Lane, we need to have a serious conversation. About what happened between us." She looks like she doesn't want to continue this dialogue. But unfortunately we have to. "From the first time I met you, I was biased towards you. I don’t know the reason. But something about you always repulsed me. Even now, I feel that this feeling remains inside." She quietly continues to sit, and suddenly, she nods. "Forgive me. I also felt the same about you." Hurray, I’m not the only one, but this is probably not a reason to rejoice.

"Forgive me, I don’t know why, this is how I felt. Your creepy dimensional face, these stupid tattoos. Or maybe your attitude towards me also influenced me." It was a little rude, but I understand now that it prevented me from treating her normally. "You've finally stopped playing nice." She's confused, but sighs and nods.

"My parents were obsessed with how I played in front of society. I had to behave well. Otherwise, I would be punished." Hmm, I seem to be haunted by people with sad pasts. “I’m sorry if I’m making you remember this." She smiled brightly at this. And this is not the fake smile she had before. True smile. Decorated her face. 

"On the contrary, now you remind me of a good past." She turned her gaze to the moons, I saw a sweet note of nostalgia in her eyes. "I never liked the moon, but she always said that after the moon comes the bright sun." She? Who is she? It could be anyone, and from the look on her face I know something is wrong. Wait, she's crying!? Tears flow from her eyes. Her face becomes incredibly sad. Damn, I should do what Mary did when I cried. I hug her letting her rest her head on my shoulder. Her tears were the last thing I expected from the conversation. I gently stroke her back and only now notice that her hair is wet. Shouldn't you worry about your health at all?

I let her cry. After a short period of time she stopped but looked sad. "Thank you." Oh, how could I be so rude to her. Now she looks like a puppy who needs some affection. "Always reach out. I'm happy to help." And it's true. Having friends is new to me. Rokhshar doesn't count, he's more like a father or a cool uncle than a friend. "Let's go back."

And now I'm leading her to our room. She continues to hold on to me. I'm not against hugs. Especially if it makes her feel comfortable. But on the way to our room we ran into trouble. A crowd of students looked at us suspiciously. These were ordinary people, not nobles. I can say this because of its unremarkable appearance. They didn't tell us anything, but their gaze. I squeezed her a little and stood up so that they could not look at her. I looked them with a glance that said fuck off. I hope they understand my message. 

While Tenma headed into the room with Lane. She didn't notice Lane's enjoyment from such attention. She didn't tell her the reason for her tears. But seeing her worry about her and protect her is enough for her. She will reveal herself to her. She will tell you about her sin. And maybe about where she really came from.

0