Chapter 10 – know you’re weaknesses
180 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everything was extremely calm. I haven't seen Thomas and the Mustang all day, a sign that everything will be fine. Rokhshar warned me that he would come after lunch, and that's why I'm sitting on the couch reading a book. I didn't have to wait long for him, the maids brought him to me. Unlike yesterday, he is dressed in extremely simple clothes. A red shirt and wide thin trousers. The only thing that stood out quite strongly was the gold rings on her fingers. "You look good. " Rokhshar looked at me with a stupid look. "You'll make a good noblewoman, I don't need to lie about my appearance. "I said it sincerely. Unlike other nobles, who are taught to lick the ass of others for profit. I'm not going to get like that. "Master, before we begin, I would like to warn you. "

I feel uncomfortable saying this. Thomas's punch had a more serious effect on me than I expected. The abdominal pain hasn't gone away. Because of this pain, I didn't even focus on the books. "I'm not feeling well, and I'm thinking maybe we should reschedule the weapon training next time? " I clearly saw his displeasure on his face, I hope he will understand me. "Okay, I shouldn't have dressed like this. "I'm sorry about that. "Okay, then tell me what you read last night. "I felt even more ashamed, I didn't read anything yesterday. Just now, after breakfast, I opened the first one I came across. "I... I read a little about the aura. "I can see the way he's looking at me, he's obviously not happy. "Okay, that's settled, this time I'll try to teach you magic in general. I'll start with the fact that we passed yesterday. "After hearing this, I calmed down. "But for the next lesson, I'm going to try to get you to give it your all. "I was happy early.

" Magic is the process by which a living being consciously or automatically uses an aura to apply abilities. For example, a fire mage creates a wave of flame at the expense of the aura. This process can be called conscious. Creatures such as the undead activate abilities unknowingly, which is why they sometimes kill themselves and you have to be careful with them. Animals are also able to use basic skills through evolution. Aura is an important component for a magician, it is both a body protection and an energy source for abilities. Therefore, it is necessary to find the right balance in its use. It covers our entire body, but our arms and legs are the most vulnerable part of us. I hope you will remember everything I repeated from yesterday. " After finishing the speech, the coach looks at me.  (Your aura, you may not see it, but it has become stronger. Not only has it become bigger, but it has also become much blacker.)

"I remember all this, let's start the lesson. "The coach just nodded at that. "There are seven magical elements with which a person is born. Fire, water, air, earth, special, light and darkness. All these types can be obtained only from birth, with the exception of only a special type. From birth, people mostly receive only one of the skills, but there are also those that awaken with some at once. I wanted you to read the books in advance, and have basic information about the types of magic. Unfortunately, you'll have to learn them from scratch. " "I'm sorry. "

Rokhshar sat in silence for a while, clearly considering what to say. "Don't be too surprised, but you have the magic of darkness. " what? What, does he know something? "Do you know about this? Are you absolutely sure? "I knew I had some type, but the magic of darkness, isn't it one of the rare ones? "Yes, you do, to begin with, Mrs. Sera, she told me who cursed you. I'm sorry about that, but to be able to curse someone, you need to perform a ritual. But a dark magician is able to do this, without a ritual with someone much weaker than him. Your mother, at the time of your birth, consciously or not, but she still managed it. This means that she was a magician of darkness, and that you could have got it by blood. "I knew about this before, but I thought that anyone can create curses like this if they try. Mom, you certainly did a good job, thanks for that.

" My knowledge of dark magic is limited, and according to my information, there are still no magicians in the country who possess this element. "I'm the only one with this type of magic. On the one hand, I am unique compared to the others, but on the other hand, who can teach me how to use this magic. "And what should I do about it? "The master was looking at me, I couldn't tell what he was thinking. And what should I do, I don't even see my own aura, the others have been learning this since they were eight. And I'm turning eighteen soon, and I don't even know what my magic can do, except of course curses. "Knowledge of the magic of the various elements is extremely limited. And the element of darkness is the least common. But don't forget that darkness is not your only gift. "I've already forgotten how I could. Astorius gave me strength, he considered me worthy. If that's what he's decided, I shouldn't let him down with stupid thoughts. "Is there any information about my gift? " Are you asking me? Your gift is from Astoria, it is well connected with weapons. And that's why I wanted to start with your physical training. But you decided to delay it. "He would have understood me if I had told him the reason. But he could have told Sera about it, which I really didn't want. "I'm sorry for that, but I really can't do it today. "

Pov narator.

The conversation between Tenma and Rokhshar is over, she knows what type of magic she has, and also learned a little about other elements. But her top priority should be weapon ownership. Rokhshar also talked a little about curses. Curses are basically powerful spells that require a magician to have enormous powers. When creating a curse, it is required that the one on whom it is imposed give consent. However, in Tenma's case, she was a child. And that's why her mother easily succeeded. The curse of the wheel is considered one of the most dangerous. Its disadvantages are that the owner of magic must be stronger than the curse. Otherwise, the label will gradually begin to negatively affect the body, gradually twisting and moving the insides where the label is placed in a circle. However, if you manage to wield it, you can literally use the abilities more often, due to the fact that the wheel can give an aura more than the magician's body allows. Which is extremely useful in some battles. But Rokhshar did not know about its main disadvantage. And Tenma will have to find out about him herself in the future.

However, something else is bothering her now. Sera trains her to straighten her posture. Tenma was not used to this practice. She has long been used to walking with an uneven back. "Do I really need this? "She found walking with a stack of books on her head silly. "Tenma, you are now the heiress of our family, and you must walk with your back proudly erect. "Tenma just grinned at that. "No matter how I stand or walk, people will still look at me like shit. "Sera was upset to hear that. "Tenma, don't say that, your appearance is unique, and I won't lie, people will look at you like you're ugly. But you need to know the basics of how to be a lady. People who don't care about your appearance will pay attention to how you walk and stand. Be good, and prove to yourself that you deserve respect. " Tenma just sighed, she knew that Sera cared about her, and therefore did not want to be rude to her. "Okay, Mom. " Tenma herself didn't pay attention to what she said, but Sera noticed long ago how she called her mom. And she was incredibly pleased about it.

After a short period of time, Tenma is in the garden. She was tired of carrying books on her head and learning etiquette. The abdominal pain after the blow made itself felt well. "Stupid Thomas, I hate you. "She said it without much thought. "Yes, he's dumb sometimes, forgive him for that. "The sudden voice startled Tenma, she turned around and saw him. Thomas's older brother, Torf. " I. It's not what you think it is. " To this, Torf only gave a sign to stop. "I know what my youngest did, no need to apologize for it." Tenma was at a loss. She didn't know anything about him. How he treats her, among other things. "Listen, I want to apologize to you. "Tenma was even more confused, apologizing for what? "You see. My dad, that is, ours. Not the best person, or rather, he belongs right in the abyss. And I don't have the most pleasant relationship with him. But even so, yesterday he called me along with my brother. He chastised him for his mistake, and advised me to avoid you. "Hearing this, Tenma got angry, but he continued. "He expects you to make a mistake so serious that you can be executed and replaced by an heir. I don't know how he wants to achieve this, but he told us about it. "Tenma was furious, she already hated her father for what he did to her mother, and how terribly he affected her childhood. But he actively wants to spoil her future. She won't let that happen. "Why are you telling me this? "His large build made him look like a Mustang, but that's the only resemblance. Torf despised his father for the vile things he did, and the fact that he greatly influenced his brother. He let the younger one down, but he doesn't want Tenma to get hurt. "I came to you for a reason, take them yours. " Torf handed her two swords, not too long, but also not too short to call them daggers. "I can't accept them. " Thomas just shook his head. "You need it, I don't use them anyway. " Tenma took two swords. One was red with a black tip, the other was black with red edges. "I do not know what to say, thank you. " He just nodded at these words. He turned and waved at her without looking at her. "Prove that you are worthy of them. " Hearing this, Tenma stood up proudly, she did not notice how she adjusted her posture. But that wasn't what she needed. She promises herself that in the future she will not forget those who helped her in the past.

"Thank you all."

1