Chapter 11 – All or Nothing
151 6 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next days went great. Tenma learned to act like a lady and the pain in her stomach went away. Therefore, she actively began training. Rokhshar was happy for her; the gift from Astoria was extremely useful. During weapons training, Tenma, who had never seen using a weapon in her life, held her swords like a professional. Her gift clearly affected this, but Rokhshar was in no hurry to praise her. He only gently encourages her when necessary. He didn't want her to be too confident. She must consider each future battle as if it were her last, otherwise she may have problems. The way she wielded swords was excellent, but her body was not the best. Battle mages don't need to have a muscular body to run at great speeds or lift heavy objects. But when the mage runs out of aura, the body will be extremely vulnerable, and therefore it would be nice if she could run well. He understood that this would not help her become too strong. To make her stronger, you need to change her mindset.

Rokhshar is now running around the park with Tenma. In a short period of time they made three circles. The area of the park is approximately equal to the area of the large Reymon mansion. Although it was incredibly difficult for Tenma at the beginning, over time it became much easier for her. Of course, the fatigue did not leave her after the run, but it turned out much better each time. After the run, she felt terrible; these ten laps were difficult for her. "I'll die at this rate." Rokhshar ignored this. For him, such training was much easier. Being able to escape in time is an important skill that should not be underestimated. “Tenma, you will thank me for this.” Tenma knew that such training was good for her, but when every day feels like torture for your body, you want to take a good rest. "I know, let's go back." Due to one of the laws, Tenma and Rokhshar cannot brandish or train with weapons in public. Therefore, they had to train in the mansion. "No, I know one place, the next training will be there." Having said this, Rokhshar headed away from the park and the mansion. Tenma knew that even if she was against it, he would ignore her. That's why she followed him.

After passing through many alleys, Rokhshar jumped over some walls as if they were not there. Tenma also learned to overcome obstacles. That's why she wasn't far behind him. And so they continued to go further and further. Tenma was already confused, unable to understand where we came from. However, Rokhshar knew where he was going. They reached their destination. It was a pipe, quite huge. The smell from the pipe made it clear where it led. "I won't go in there." Tenma wasn't squeamish, but why go into the sewers to train when the mansion has a whole area for it. "I didn’t ask." Having said this, Rokhshar made a cut. He tore a large piece of the lattice blocking the path, enough for an adult to crawl through. Silently he went inside. Tenma knew that if she backed down now, he wouldn’t train her at the end of the month. Swallowing her pride, she followed him.

At first it was dark, but Rokhshar made a small ball out of the aura. In this ball he created a small flame, thereby making something like a lantern. Tenma followed him, trying to ignore the foul smell. Also trying to dodge puddles. "This place makes me nostalgic. I had to hide here as a child. I remember almost every turn here." Tenma was interested. Rokhshar told almost nothing about himself. It was also impossible to find out his childhood through books. "I’ll tell you a story. Not the one they write about in books, but the one I personally encountered. Are you ready to listen?" Tenma nodded to this. She's not stupid to refuse this.

"I was born into a poor family in the Nare Empire, then of course it had not yet fallen. But due to various circumstances, my parents, along with a large group of other people, went to the mountains. They hoped to get refuge from the dwarves in the mountains. But they were refused, because  that, the whole crowd went south. The reason for this is that they heard the news that the southern cities of Nare were captured by the people. However, their hopes were not justified. A crowd of people gathered at the walls of the new country, Arkane. But they refused to accept migrants. On that was the reason. During the revolution, people devoted to vampires were given the opportunity to become a half-breed. Seemingly an ordinary person, but with little abilities from vampires. The Arkane authorities were afraid that there would be half-breeds among the migrants, and therefore a crowd of people remained living near the walls enclosing the city. And so six years of my life passed. At the age of seven, a gravitational rain occurred, it took not only many lives, but also my friends, acquaintances, parents. I was left alone, among those whom I did not trust. Life did not go on like this for a long time, because I then kidnapped. "Tenma was shocked, she assumed that he did not have the most pleasant childhood, but so much so." I miraculously saved myself, but I was left alone on the streets. By that time it was winter, the cold was slowly destroying me. The color of my skin made others look at me with caution. And here it is. It is in this ditch. I have awakened my abilities. If this had not happened, I would have died from the cold. " Rokhshar fell silent. He stood in the center of a large room, the room was full of various children's drawings on the walls. This is the place where he awakened his abilities, here he feels great nostalgia. He turned to Tenma, his gaze made her feel dangerous.

"Tenma, the reason why you cannot reach your full potential is simple. You do not strive for it. Your goal is to kill your father, right? And what will happen after that? You have set such an insignificant desire for yourself above what you can get. You have a damn gift from a god, but you think too small. People's lives who learn to use magic change to before and after. But you haven't changed your thinking, and I'm going to fix that. Tenma, your tragic childhood. Not as terrible as you you think. " What? Tenma couldn't believe what she heard. "It can’t be, you want to say that I have a good life?" To this Rokhshar nodded. "Ha, hahahaha, funny. I was cursed by my own mother. My father wants me to die. I would have been easily sold if not for Astorius. And you dare to say that I have a good life! It was hard for you, but you have fame and respect. I don’t have that either.” Rokhshar grinned, the aura in his hand intensified. And with his other hand he reached for the sword. "You heard correctly, your tragedy is complete bullshit. This is your weakness. You felt sorry for me when I told you about my childhood. But your pity doesn't matter to me. I don't regret how I lived my childhood. Unlike you. And I’m going to beat the crap out of you so you finally understand which way you should go." Suddenly the dark room became even brighter because of Rokhshar. The room became much hotter and steam was visible in the air. There was a reason for that, he was a professional firebender. Tenma understood what Rokhshar wanted from her. He is trying to provoke her so that she starts fighting with him in earnest. And although the provocation was obvious to her, she could not help but be angry at his words.

"Attack me Tenma, prove that I didn't waste my time on you. Prove to yourself that you are worthy." An aura enveloped his body, steam began to come out of his skin, and his eyes filled with flames. Tenma knew. I had to defeat him. I have to use all my strength for this. An aura surrounded her body, and the silhouette of an object formed behind her. She didn't know about this, but Rokhshar sees him. This fight will decide whether she is worthy of her gift or not. 

The fight begins.

1