Chapter 17 – Bad mood
70 3 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hitch. She's the type of friend you don't want to be close to. She can easily talk shit behind your back. Set others against you. And she is extremely principled in choosing whom to be friends with. She became friends with Lane pretty quickly. Lane is content to be an ordinary girl. Therefore, when Hitch, the popular girl at school, invited her to be her friend, she did not refuse, although she knew what a rotten person she was. To Hitch, Lane was no one special. But she knew her secret. Lane loves girls.

There are laws in Arcana that allow them to exist legally. The reason is simple. The emperor announced a law to allow harems along with this law because of his wives. People assumed that it was they who influenced this decision. At first there were dissatisfied people, but the emperor proved by his actions that he was not a fool. And so, over time, people calmed down. This does not mean that more such couples began to appear in the empire. But people simply began to tolerate them. And Hitch used these two laws well.

She calmly manipulated both sexes. Lane was clearly in love with her, she didn't know why. But that didn't matter to her. But now, the situation was different. Lane recently awakened magic, and the rarest one at that. Light magic was mainly prevalent in the enemy country, the Sun Empire. She played an important role in the Great Revolution. And for people with such talent, a ticket to the top. Hitch was not stupid and decided to take advantage of this.

Hitch is my friend, and perhaps someone more important. She is a very interesting person. But she has her own cockroaches in her head. I know about this but it is beneficial to have a good relationship with her. I always relied on her, even though I knew that she didn’t care about me. I tried to get her attention earlier. But she just ignored me. And now that I'm special, she's back. I understand that she is not my real friend. And I myself am dependent on her because of her familiar face. But she was my only friend in a long time. The past came to my mind. No, forget these memories. I shouldn't remember that time. Time for my torture.

Hitch, she can't be trusted. She is not good-hearted. And now I see how rotten it is. "Forgive me, it was an accident. I really didn’t mean it." No, you did. I wanted to say this. But the words did not come out of my mouth. My roommate Shio. I didn't want to cause you problems. And I just look at you blankly.

Your face remains the same as it always is. Indifferent, dead, empty. I don't know what's causing this. But I ask you not to hate me. This is the last thing I want. "Hey, bitch." That voice. I look at the crowd and see it. Walking zombie. There is no other way to call it.

Tenma was a mystery to me. Her appearance scared me, and that face tattoo seemed stupid. And I don’t understand how I feel about her. There's something about her that repels me. Something pisses me off about her. And I don't know what. It's like she was made to make me hate her. She seems to feel the same thing. She treats everyone else positively, but I have problems with her. And I do not know why. But now she has a reason. And now her evil gaze is directed at the two of us.

"Explain what’s going on!?" She asks me this question. "Nothing special white corpse, I just accidentally spilled a drink on her." Hitch answered for me. Her face became more aggressive. "Tenma, it's okay. I accept the apology." Shio stood in front of her, and I still don't see any anger or sadness in her face.

"Shio..." I tried to apologize but she interrupted me. "Everything is fine, really." No, everything is not fine. You're not okay. You're hiding something. Something that's bothering you.

The sounds of the crowd died down, the reason for this is simple, "All of you, quickly returned to your business." The voice of a woman in her 30s. She wears a white work uniform with a cape with gold patterns. She's clearly a teacher. The crowd dispersed and she headed towards us. "What’s going on with you!" I was about to intervene, but Shio quickly shut me up. "Nothing special, I just got dirty." Shio clearly understood what was going on, she’s not stupid. Starting problems with someone on the first day doesn't sound like a great idea. "You’re all adults here, but you’re acting like children." The teacher may have realized what happened, but she decided not to bother herself with it. "Go and do something, and you change your uniform." After that, the teacher just left. Shio also walked towards our room. "Wait." Tenma ran towards her, but not before she looked at me with a death glare. Crap.

"You don’t seem welcome. He might offer to change the room." Hitch, it’s your own fault for this. "You want to be with me and not next to this beast." She whispered this in my ear, I didn’t expect it and almost fell to the floor. She did it on purpose, I saw her in the crowd then. She noticed that Shio was next to me. She can't be fixed. "Why are you doing all this, you could just say that you want to be close, I would agree." She never stops smiling and this is the final stop for me. I don't want to have any relationship with you.

I ran to our room. I must apologize to Shio, my action was terrible. I hope she will understand me. Forgive me. I really didn't want any of this.

Tenma POV

"What do you mean? Why should I remain silent if you are being bullied! Of course I will intervene!" I tried to reason with Shio, but she was like a rock. "You shouldn't have interfered, now others will learn about this situation because of rumors. You will be insulted for being a noble woman who protects a semi-animal. You have not given up such a reputation. I did not need help in this, and now I am forced to indebted to you."

  "Even so! I can’t just look at this circus. I also don’t demand anything in return from you. I helped because I could." This argument is draining my strength. I understand that Shio is objectively right. This is what I should have done. Seeing Shio back then, she reminded me of me. I didn't have a good time either. Being petty, I was often where I shouldn’t have been. These Mustang bitches whom he often brought to the mansion, in the role of maids, often mocked my ugliness. Unfortunately for them, when Mustang got bored with them. Sera fired them. But I kept these memories for a long time.

"Shio is right. You shouldn't do this again. This incident will be used against you by others in the future. Moreover, no matter who this woman is. She also put herself in a terrible position by insulting you. You should use this." Liana incarnation nobility She won't have any problems in the future. She's clearly thinking ten moves ahead. Unfortunately. I'm not her.

"I did what I thought was right. Shio, you don’t have to do anything to me. I don’t need anything from you." I stopped trying to conduct a dialogue with them. I can't think of anything convincing. They are true in general, but I don't want to do what they say. This reminds me of him.

The door suddenly opens and my mood worsens even more. Lane, you're the reason for all this. That's how she is, that's how her friends are. She enters the room and I already wanted to start an argument with her. But what is this? She's crying! "Shio...sorry." Her voice is hoarse, and she herself is trembling. It was as if she had been doused with cold water. It looks like she really regrets what happened.

"I didn't want this, I didn't know what to do. She was my friend. My only friend in a long time. And when I saw what she did. I am. " Suddenly, more tears poured out of her eyes, and she couldn't control herself anymore. It definitely doesn't look fake. Shio, like Liana and I, were surprised. Seeing her tears. I didn't know what I was doing.

I came closer to her and hugged her. "Calm down, everything is fine." I wanted to start an argument with her. I was infuriated by her behavior, and I believed that she was to blame for what happened. I don't know what this feeling is. It's like something inside me is trying to hate her. But her emotions allow me to ignore these urges. She cries quietly into my shoulder. "Shio, forgive me, forgive me."

She continues to cry. Quite inconvenient, I may not have intentionally, but I was at odds with her. I will have to apologize to her, but first. I should deal with my problems.

The warm night wind tickled my skin. In the courtyard of the academy, a beautiful view of the sky opened up. Starry sky with three moons merging with red stars. It's an illusion. There is none of this outside the academy. If you have good eyesight. It is easy to see the barrier in the sky, simulating the sky. I don't know how this exists. But whoever did this, my bow to you.

Someone was bound to ruin my quiet time. But as soon as I saw who it was, I calmed down. It was Shio. She came up to me and sat down next to me. Her presence doesn't bother me. "She calmed down, and I didn’t think that you would also calm down your anger towards her."

"Was it that noticeable?" Apparently I wasn’t the only one who noticed my behavior towards her. "Yeah, I don't know why you hate her. But try not to make her cry." Since when am I a bully. "I didn't mean to, it just happened that way."

She grinned and enjoyed the sky scenery with me. Shio, who are you? You are a mystery to me. But what if I try to find out. Will you allow it? "Shio, if it's not a secret. Where are you from?" She continued to look at the sky. And she continued to be silent. "I don’t have to answer you to that." Okay, well, at least I tried.

"I'm sorry, but you don't need to know this. Not because I don't trust you. You just don't need to get into this pit of shit. Just trust me. I keep all the good things for myself, and I try to forget all the bad things. So let's change the subject. " That was enough for the answer. "Sorry." "No, it's ok."

We continued to lie there and ask each other different questions. The bad mood disappeared, and we didn’t care about all the bad things. I hope something bad doesn't happen tomorrow. I hope these are not the legendary dying words.

0