Chapter 19 – Talent against Skills
74 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The battle began quite intensely. Thiago attacked Diana. He tries to hit her in the face, but she easily parried the blow with her hand. Although the blow was blocked by an aura-covered hand, Diana felt a strange trembling. Her left hand began to shake and the aura passing through it became unstable.

He attempted a series of kicks. But she dodged it, standing behind him. She aimed at his back. But suddenly, cotton. A huge amount of aura formed at the site of the blow, which blocked the blow. He tried to quickly counterattack with his elbow. But she jumped to the side and began to think about what happened.

Diana wondered what happened. Thiago the sound control mage has a medium aura. In order to block and reduce the damage from her strike to zero, he had to spend all his aura on the site of the strike. But he didn't. An aura seemed to appear there. But he certainly didn’t move anything inside himself.

While Diana was thinking, only a second passed. Thiago hit the ground and took the stone piece of the platform. "Take this." Having said this, he threw a stone covering her with an aura. Diana just bowed her head. But just as she wanted to attack, the stone next to her ear suddenly exploded. The loud sound caused direct damage to Diana. She felt as if her head itself was bursting with pain. The phrase he said before the throw was not a simple show off. He did this by deliberately strengthening the stone. Not bad.

Thiago. His aura is pretty average. But he is able to enhance the quantity and quality of the aura due to surrounding and own sounds. Throughout the fight, he whistled, increasing the aura around his head, for reaction. Also, the long sleeves of the robe made it possible not to notice the clicks of his fingers that he made while strengthening his fists. Under the robe he was wearing a simple shirt and wide pants. But they had bells attached to them. They did not interfere and helped as he absorbed their sounds. All this helps him become stronger for a short time. This is the peculiarity of the unique elements of magic.

The magician is able to be stronger if they using environments that match his element. The fire mage will become a little stronger if he is covered in fire. The same goes for other elements; unique elements are no exception. Thiago knew the sooner he finished everything, the higher the chance. As soon as she understands my ability completely I have lost.

Thiagon blew a kiss to the crowd of spectators. Their noisy reaction resulted in a crowd of fans shouting his name. Using this and other sounds, Tiagon strengthened his hand and struck down again. Diana did not wait and rushed at him. Vibrations formed in the impact zone, and after. A strong explosion crushed the platform. Pieces of stone also began to explode into the air, creating a noisy space. Thiagon used all this noise to quickly attack. The explosions created a dust curtain. But Thiagon was wrong about one thing. From the age of six, Diana learned to perceive the world in different ways. Her mother trained her to fight with her eyes closed. No hearing or light. All this helped her easily perceive any air currents on her body, including vibrations in the air.

With her eyes closed, she delivered a direct blow to his face. Thiagon was at least briefly confused by the blow. He managed to grab her. He caught her hand with his legs. And surrounding the aura on his hands, he tried to make a direct clap, the force of the clap would be enough to deafen her with a loud sound. But he quickly realized that it wouldn't work after what she did. "If you want, I’ll show you something cool. Silence zone." The aura around her became larger and everything became quiet. She was able to understand and copy his ability.

Copying Diana is a strong ability limited to one condition. She must understand what her opponent is doing in order to copy the ability. Because of this, she fought a lot with various elemental mages. And often reads books teaching various elements of magic. By quickly understanding what her opponent was using and how, she was fully capable of using it herself. Considering her huge reserve of aura, in some cases she even did it better than the magician from whom she copied the ability.

Her self-titled "Zone of silence" ability is something that Thiagon himself never strived for. Part of the aura formed into a sphere that did not allow sound to enter. Also, sounds occurring inside the aura were absorbed instantly. Now Thiagon cannot make noise, she will absorb sounds and become stronger herself.

"Well, what are you going to do now? Admit defeat and give up, or?" Thiagon just laughed. "I still have an ace up my sleeve." He did something that no one expected. He hit himself hard in the chest, then in the head, legs and arms were not excluded.

If he can't use external sounds, he himself will become walking noise. His bones vibrated. Veins and nerves trembled due to the passing aura. And in the eardrums there was an echo from the blows. Hitting himself hard, he directed the sound of the blow into his body. A risky move, as his body was damaged by it, and so he starts bleeding. But at the same time it made him stronger.

"He's crazy, why do you does this." Tenma was shocked. What was he thinking about, hurting himself like that? "Pride is strong for greatest " Suddenly Liana's silence stopped. "What do you mean by that? " Liana sighed, thinking about how to say this. "Look. You are special from birth. Your magic makes you special and your experience in fighting and training helps in almost every victory. And you are trying to prove your superiority to yourself and the enemy. " Tenma just laughed. "Are you sure that's how it works? " She just raised her shoulders. "My father is like that, probably this always happens to the strongest. " Tenma didn't know she's father to refute this, she didn't know much about the high nobles. This is something that will need to be corrected.

In the arena, Diana was in shock. Tiagon managed to surprise her again and again. "You're crazy." Thiagon laughed loudly. "I know." His actions were not in vain. The sounds of pain and broken bones sped up his body, allowing him to finally do some damage to her. Diana understood that if things went on like this, she might lose. It's time to end the games.

The moment she tried to grab him by the neck, he disappeared. He hits her in the back. She found herself in the situation he was in at the beginning of the battle. But she was ready. She used the momentum of the blow to quickly turn around and grabbed his leg. She hit him on the ground. At the moment of impact, she removed the sound-absorbing zone. And she concentrated the aura on her fingers. Click. A sound wave, it carried Thiagon to the side, but he managed to grab the ground with his hand and hold on. He left a long trail behind him and miraculously did not fall out of the arena.

My fast jump trick is useless against her. I was able to do this using the sounds of my heartbeat. But now, it will be useless. You need to go in full. 

In addition to the spectators on the podium and the teacher, shouts of encouragement could be heard from the windows of the academy. "You can do it." "Knock the crap out of him." "My queen, step on me." They have no idea that I use these sounds for the final blow. I wouldn't do that in normal sparring. But I hope she can survive this. "DIANA BE READY! THIS IS MY FINAL BlOW!"

Thiagon's aura intensified and he made a jump. Formed a huge sound wave and destroyed half of the arena. Seeing this, the teacher wanted to intervene. "Stand still." It was the voice of Midas. He realized that if he intervened and disobeyed the order, he would face a huge punishment. It's not worth it.

Diana, seeing this, concentrated her entire aura on one part of her body. She wondered why he didn't use his voice as a weapon? He's clearly not stupid, so why? The moment he was nearby, seeing that Diana’s aura had disappeared for a second, he tried to stop the attack. But he realized that it was not she who was in danger, but he.

The incredibly loud scream caused everyone pain for a second until suddenly it stopped. This scream lasted for one second. But this was enough to launch Thiagon into the sky. It collided with a barrier simulating the sky, creating small cracks.

"Unbelievable."

He began to fall down, but a bright light appeared in the sky, and there was a man in the air. Midas grabbed Thiagon and sent some light magic into his body, healing his wounds. "We're not doomed, with such talents."

0