Timeskip and Crush
78 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 The sound of metal clashing against metal could be heard through the clearing. Flashes of light and a shower of sharks appeared and disappeared all around as two combatants clashed in a fierce battle. The constant exchange carried on until one of the two rival fighters stopped their assault. He then took in a deep breath before he started gathering chakra in his hand before quickly releasing it toward his opponent, who gracefully weaved between each shot and gradually closed the distance between both of them.

Then, in a flash, the second fighter, appeared in front of the first with his sword outstretched, mere millimeters away from the neck of the first.

"Hah, Shun. You aren't taking it easy on me at all, are you?" Hokuki sighed and said.

"Well, that was our agreement when you asked me to teach you, you know? Plus, you've gotten better these past two years" I said. "And I get to practice sealing with Hinami after our training so don't think too much about it"

"With you drilling me every single day coupled with the seals on me, I should reach your previous level in no time, right?" He asked seriously.

Hokuki is really talented, I must say. He is gifted in close combat and Kenjutsu. Coupled with his Byakugan, he doesn't have any blind spots. I only beat him due to my speed.

"Well, yeah, but you still have ways to go. Plus, purely natural energy is abundant up here, so it shouldn't be long. Alright, off you go. I shouldn't keep Hinami waiting long"

"Haha, I see someone is in a hurry. While I wasn't watching, it feels like my little sister is being stolen from me. Surely, they do grow up fast" Hokuki said with a somewhat smug smile while wiping off a fake tear from his pupil-less eye like he is the parent or something.

I immediately flash and punched him in the head only for him to evade. My cheeks had a slight red tint. I tried not to think too much about this issue these past two years but it seems the harder that I try to do that, the more it backfires on me. 

"Haha, don't mind it Shun, I'm sure my sister finds your presence comforting as well. She seems to have more energy in her these past two years you've been here." Hokuki said.

For some reason, I felt excited hearing him say this but I remained composed.

"I guess it's part of my charm" I boasted.

"Seems like you're both having fun, Elder brother, Shun" A voice called out from behind me.

I turn around to greet the woman who approached: "Hinami, How are you doing this lovely.... morning?" I called out with a smile on my face.

"Oh, you know me, just taking it slow," She said as she sauntered over, "Father wanted to call for you, Shun, so I volunteered to come pick you up"

"Oh?" I responded a bit surprised. "What could he need me for, any task down on earth or something that requires my immediate help"

"I don't know, but after father went down to meet uncle and came back, he immediately asked for your presence. it may be important as it concerns our cousins." She responded.

"Alright then, shall we," I said.

I wonder what the problem is now. Hamura is always laid back and doesn't even interfere in what goes on up here not to mention what goes on down on earth. He is similar to Hagoromo in this sense. But it is fortunate that he doesn't have a Zetsu whispering things in his children's ears.

...

It's been two years since I came to the moon. After the first day of analyzing Kaguta's seal, I spent the remaining time studying Hamura's dimensional seal. The method he used to create the sub-space and the habitable environment on the moon is genius. 

Unlike my method of teleporting which has to do with connecting two origin points and moving from one point to the other instantly, his is like connecting two points with a medium in between. 

I have science backing up my method, but he created his without any foundational knowledge, just from his own imagination. If that ain't genius, I don't know what is. 

My definition of genius is not being naturally talented, no, it's the ability to see what other people are doing and innovate on it. That's genius. But Hamura created his without seeing or knowing anything. 

After the first week of staying here, I had already accomplished my aim of coming here but I was reluctant to leave. 

I had normal conversations with Hokuki but am always nervous when speaking with Hinami. It took a lot to be able to look her in the eye and talk calmly.

I had to approach Hokuki and use him as a source of information to know more about Hinami. He wasn't guarded at all and was quite cooperative. With time we became close friends and he even asked to be taught how to fight. 

I was going to accept but I decided to include Hinami in the training in other to spend more time with her. 

The training was harsh and Hinami gave up quite easily. I wasn't bothered about it, in fact, I would have suggested she gave up because I could stand the look of pain on her face.

She decided to watch us and cheer whenever were training. Later on, I asked if she was interested in seals and she said yes. With that, I decided to teach her more about seals after training with Hokuki. 

Luckily, she wasn't a fast learner but she was dedicated to the art. Her form when writing with a brush was perfect, but she wasn't easy still. I guess it runs in the family, similar to Indra and Ashura, although unlike them, she didn't give up.

During our lessons, I use the opportunity to teach her some common science and simple laws that govern the physical world and can be used in seals. Once, she asked how I knew all these things, I shamelessly said I discovered them. Not like that's a lie, I did discover them, in this world that is.

It's been a very eventful two years and surprisingly, I wasn't bothered by what could happen to Indra and Ashura during this time. I no longer feel the need to even go back to earth.

Now I wonder what has happened. I don't have a sense of foreboding or anything of the sort so it shouldn't be that serious. 

During our walk home, I notice that Hinami was quite happy for some reason. I didn't want to spoil her mood so I didn't ask her. As we walked, she started humming a song I taught her from the memories of my past life.

After several minutes of walking, we arrived home. I notice something different from before. There seems to be an abundance of natural energy for some reason.

I notice Hamura and went toward him. "Uncle, I heard you were looking for me"

"Ah, Shun, you won't believe what happened," He said excitedly. Now that wasn't what I was expecting. I was honestly expecting something about Ashura and Indra but I kept silent and let him continue.

"It worked, I managed to create the thing you said. It's done, it took me a long time to create it but I did it. It's finally done" He continued.

"What is?" I ask. 

"Remember when you said to me to create that thing" Hamura explained

"The greenhouse thing. I finally managed to do it. It took me a while but after consulting my brother and little Ashura, I managed to come up with a hypothesis and it works. Now there can be vegetation up here though it wouldn't cover a large area" He finished.

"Oh? Did you manage to do it already? Didn't you say that it would be naturally impossible to complete within a few years? How come you've done it already?" I was genuinely curious. 

I could have done it as I am now within a few weeks. I bet I could even create vegetation on a dead planet if I put In an effort.

"Well, at first I thought it couldn't be done in a few years, but I remember you saying something about Ashura's 'Wood Release' so I went down to consult both brother and Ashura. Previously I could also manipulate my chakra to create some trees but they die in seconds so I went to study how trees naturally grow and I've finally done it" Hamura explained excitedly.

I did mention that trees are important to life and without the special air that comes out from trees, the place wouldn't be conducive for a normal human to live. I off-handedly explained what a greenhouse is and said that it would be nice if it was here.

Hamura took it upon himself to make it happen, after all, everything I have said has been proven to be true when it comes to science stuff.

He explained that he noticed that trees secrete special energy and receive special energy from the sun and the earth. He then created a seal that could gather the said energy and infuse them in an area where the trees would grow. 

In short, he created a special seal that could draw in sunlight energy and also the natural energy generated from the ground. 

The reason he called me was for me to check the work. I felt kind of pissed off. He could have picked. a better time but he just had to pick the period I have to spend time with Hinami. Hmph, he should be grateful he is my uncle, If not...

After inspecting it, I notice a few flaws such as there is no cycle. It was merely one-way traffic for the energy coming in and no energy is being released. 

After a few tweaks here and there it was complete. In a few months, the moon will give birth to its first-ever man-made natural tree. I don't know a better name to give it. Maybe future generations will give it a 

better name.

////

AN: Hamura's Tenseigan does not have a wood release, it's a Golem-like creature.

5