QI FORGING
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Stop starving yourself, please.......I feel like I should start checking on you every day."

There was a moment of silence, broken by the sound of a door opening.

"I'm not... I really am not."

"No signs of food around the house" There was another pause and a sigh. "When does Cir return?"

"In two days."

"That's good, then. I'll come around again tomorrow."

"Sure," Arden replied. "Thank you, Mrs. Erin."

He genuinely appreciated the concern evident on the other party's face.

Mrs. Erin...... was a family friend who lived a slight distance from Ard's house. While he was certain that his parents had requested her to check up on him, his feelings of gratitude remained unchanged.

Just as she was leaving, there was a sudden halt. "I almost forgot, Ren and Ver are coming over today" turning back to face him, she continued  "Can you join us for dinner."

Arden contemplated for a moment as he looked at her sincere gaze. "Sure."

With a final smile and wave, he closed the door.

Ren and Ver were her grandchildren.They were twin siblings, a brother and sister, whom he had known since his childhood.

'I wonder if they'll recognize me'

Over the past couple of weeks, since his return for the semester break, Arden had changed.....considerably.

He gained a few more inches in height, and his physique transformed, becoming much more sculpted with well-defined muscles, contributing to an overall very symmetrical appearance.

He was overwhelmed by a sense of triumph every time he faced the mirror,an emotion he struggled to restrain. He tried to avoid becoming too carried away, mindful of maintaining balance in various aspects of his situation, particularly in managing his new.....capabilities .

His physical abilities had steadily increased, and while it seemed to be approaching a plateau, the strength he now possessed felt almost unimaginable. Moreover, an unexpected surge in energy accompanied this transformation. This sensation seemed counter-intuitive, given his near-complete loss of appetite, thirst, and reduced need for sleep due to the overflowing vitality.

The relieving aspect was that Ard now possessed some insight into the unfolding events. Embracing the apparent madness after encountering the 'memories' that had seeped into his mind, Ard decided to delve into this newfound knowledge. Although these memories were hazy and vague, they offered a glimpse into the situation. They seemed to emanate from the body he'd occupied in the cave—one of a person dwelling in a different world. Even with the blurred details, an unbelievable image emerged. Leaving other intricacies aside,just the sheer magnitude of the world, as depicted in the memories, was something he found challenging to grasp. Everything pointed towards a realm of exquisite beauty, magnificence, and truth.

The individual in question was a 'cultivator,' possessing the capability of self-development through the practice of 'cultivation.' Originating from humble beginnings, he spent his early years in an orphanage in a small village, stumbling onto the path of cultivation by accident. Rather than hastily testing the newfound abilities, the individual prioritized maintaining a low profile and accumulating knowledge. Much of this wisdom had now transferred to Arden.

Engaging in a series of experiments with the techniques he had received—encompassing a breathing technique and a couple resembling battle techniques—furthered Ard's understanding. Notably, all of these techniques centered around variations of visualizing fire.

While the repertoire was modest, it matched with the idea that the original possessor of these skills didn't seem to be an elite or hold a higher status in that realm. The cultivation stage of this individual was at the 8th layer of the qi-forging realm, mirroring the level that Ard now acknowledged in himself.

During his practice, he'd discovered that the energy known as 'qi,' in his world was markedly poorer, almost embarrassingly low. He sensed other forms of energy, but quickly found out that they had significantly less potency.

What surprised him was the natural influx of 'qi' from the air towards him, effortlessly integrating with him, nourishing his being. This observation not only contradicted some of the knowledge he'd acquired but also challenged his overall understanding, shrouding the phenomenon in mystery.Though the nourishment occurred at a slow rate due to the inherently low amount of qi in the atmosphere, Ard was now almost certain that he'd reached the ceiling of the 8th layer.

'Should I break through today?'

This decision posed a slightly nerve-wracking dilemma. The process of breaking through was intricate and demanded his complete focus, different from the random experiments he had conducted before. The addictive sensation of cultivation itself, coupled with the irresistible allure of the call to break through, intensified the complexity of his decision.

After a moment of consideration,he fortified his resolve and immersed himself in the familiar, comforting sensation, losing all sense of time and his surroundings.

The energy slowly circulated in his 'dantian,' the reservoir for the stored energy located in his navel. With careful intention, he pushed the accumulated qi against an invisible barrier, maintaining a mindful circulation. Wave by wave, he began to lose count of his endeavor.

After a while, Ard smiled as he slowly opened his eyes, feeling not just refreshed but even more invigorated than before.

With a sudden pang of hunger, he was about to fetch something to eat when he remembered his arrangement for dinner. He rose slowly, checking the time on his phone.

After a quick shower and a change of clothes, Ard found himself stepping out into the cool evening air. The distant city lights twinkled, and there was a gentle glow on the sidewalk as he walked towards the agreed dinner location. The familiar sights and sounds of the landscape seemed more vivid, and a light breeze carried the fragrance of blooming flowers.

The distant hum of conversation and laughter from nearby cafes blended harmoniously with the gentle rustle of leaves in the evening breeze.

Ard adjusted the pace of his walk, sensing it becoming unusually fast from time to time.

As he neared the familiar house, he abruptly slowed his steps, noticing a lively crowd gathered in front of it. The group, mostly his age, was engaged in animated conversations, with Ren and Ver slowly guiding them into the house.

His initial sense of perplexity shifted when he looked at his old friends, a bewildering feeling washing over him.

'They seem....... different.'

However, his contemplation was interrupted as he felt more and more gazes within the group gradually fixating on him.

Anticipating a long and busy night, regret began to settle for agreeing to the invitation so hastily.

 

0