Chapter 2
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- I hope to get along with everyone - I said with a forced smile on my face. In an environment like that, my hands trembled with anxiety, my heart raced, and I felt nauseous and fearful of the people around me, who directed their focus directly at me.

Without any reaction, the room remained in silence—a silence filled with stares, the same curious, judgmental, or even envious looks from the hallways.

- Thank you for the introduction, Natanael. You can take a seat in the available chair. Unfortunately, the school year started a few days ago, so we have limited spots - said the silver-haired teacher with an unreadable smile and gaze, emitting an air of danger while seemingly knowing everything about me.

I sat in a desk near the window, the only one that pleased me, the most isolated spot I could choose. And so, the class began without any surprises...

"The worst time of the day, break time..." I thought, terrified. Nausea prevented me from eating, yet I couldn't stay in the room according to school regulations—unbelievable. Fear consumed me at that moment.

To avoid standing out, I sat reasonably far away but not enough to be strange in my presence.

- Hey, you're new, right? - said a boy around my age, relatively tall with a good physical build, black straight hair, and green eyes—a perfect protagonist in that setting.

-Y-yes, nice to meet you - I said, trying to hide my shyness. I didn't feel like talking to anyone, but I couldn't be rude; after all, my reputation depended on it. - I'm Touka, nice to meet you.

- No need to be so formal; we're the same age, right? I'm Lucius, and as you probably noticed, I'm not from around here - he said with a seemingly genuine smile, extending his hand for a handshake.

Reciprocally, I extended my hand. "He's strong," Lucius thought as he shook my hand.

-Do you play any sports? You don't look like it, but you're pretty strong for your stature - Lucius asked while smiling and playfully shaking my hand.

-Me? Oh, no, I don't do anything. There was a time I did some running, but nothing more than that.

- I understand, but you should consider joining one of the athletics clubs. I'm sure you'll do well - Lucius replied with the same expression he had at the beginning of the conversation.

As he uttered the last word, the school bell rang, a loud metal alarm where the hammer struck continuously on metal, again and again.

-Oops, time's up. I gotta go, Touka, right? See you later - he said as he walked towards the classrooms.

- See ya - I said trying to force a smile 

The bell lasted for 30 seconds, but each second felt like an eternity. Every beat brought immense pain to his head that he tried to conceal. Gradually, his consciousness seemed to drain from his body as another took over.

"What...?" was his last thought before everything went dark.

"Finally, it's my turn. I can't stand being asleep for 16 hours anymore," he thought.

"Hmm, looks like this is the new school. Where's the classroom?" he thought as he stood up, placing one hand on his neck, making it crack slightly. "I'll have to ask someone..."

0