Chapter 2 – My Choice of Groundwork (Explaining the Plan)
19 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Please note that the following portion of this chapter is told from the perspective of a narrator in a voice similar to Charles Dance's (Tywin Lannister from Game of Thrones) rather than the protagonists POV.

“Little Lord! Stop trying to escape the crib again!”, the exasperated voice of a woman cries out for the umpteenth time that week as the newly-born, not-supposed-to-be-able-to-crawl-yet ‘Little Lord’ has been caught making yet another attempt at a prison break. 

“Good grief! It’s simply too dangerous for your young little bottom to be trying this!”

 

The actors at play are, of course, our dearest Protagonist and his once prim and proper caretaker.

 

You see, from the moment of his "Start", our Protagonist has been fully conscious of his circumstances. This includes his 1 day in the womb and his extremely traumatic process of being birthed, a process he swears never to remember repeating; Points be damned.

This means that he has been doing his best to come up with ways to make the most of his 9 years before the Simulation begins; not-supposed-to-be-able-to-crawl-yet be damned.

 

Ever since coming into the world, our dearest Protagonist notices first off that his 1 single unit of T6 Infiltrator had been wandering outside of his families Dukely mansion and since the A-Grade Communication Set is on his person and his A-bility to communicate is NOT on his person, he's been stuck trying to scheme about how to bring his lone subordinate inside. 

 

You see, his plan prior to spawn was as follows: 

Step 1 Bring Subordinate into the mansion to serve as my liaison for the other subordinates that will gradually spawn in later.
Step 2 Have Subordinates find where his Hero spawned and bring her to him.
Step 3 Have Subordinates build Global Information Network.
Step 4 Use Network to lay the groundwork necessary to live a comfortable life as soon as the War Lord Simulator officially begins.
Step 5 Profit

Unfortunately, his "Little Lordship" had been caught trying to complete a never-before thought of Step 0 - Be anywhere but inside the crib at a month-old toddler...

It's truly strange how his little lordly mind can plan ahead up till the point of becoming the Second Son of the Third Brother of the Head of the Branch Family of a Duke’s Household in a Small Kingdom.  

Not a Prince or a Duke's Heir who would be assassinated by his siblings and uncles as they vie for power.

Not as an urchin whom many would question and envy were he to suddenly rise to power and prominence.

No. He chose to become a Secon-(Omitted)-in a Small Kingdom as that was the position that would allow him maximum access whilst freeing himself away from the main power-struggles. 

It's also truly strange how his little lordly mind can plan ahead up till the point of temporarily sacrificing so much of his only Hero's abilities and age as well as the number of Units and the Talent he begins with all to maximize the Points he would gain to begin the Simulation just a little bit quicker. 

Yet as with age, all of the temporary sacrifices will all gradually return bit by bit as their durations pass, returning to their peak glory and with that, the Plan can begin!

And in approximately 2 months, this will all start to change as the first of his subordinate Infiltrators manages to infiltrate his own home as a servant! 

2