(06) Dealing with Trauma
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I’ve been in the hospital for a week. Sasuke was already released but due to the seriousness of my wounds I was stuck here with nothing to do. I tried escaping but those nurses are scary! So I resigned my fate and stayed in the bed. I thumbed through the couple books Shikamaru brought me when he visited. They were strategy books but there was one about how genjutsu worked. 

There was a knock and I looked up seeing Big Sis Anko who apparently just got back from her mission. I looked away and back to my lap. She walked and sat down, she stayed quiet. 

“Emiko…” she started. My hands shook. I clutched the blanket. 

“When we first got there everything in me shouted for me to run away before it was too late. But my legs moved before my brain could order it.” I got out. I could tell the ones we passed on the ground were dead. When we saw Itachi…” I got out. Tears threatened to fall. 

“I felt confused. I watch him kill their parents. I wanted to scream. I wanted to run, I wanted it to stop. Why? Why did they have to die? I started to see things clearly. I could see how light the blood looked on the dark floor. How sasuke’s mom’s hair fell from its pinned position. I felt something yank me away and just seconds Itachi stood there a sword slicing through where I was. But I suddenly felt pain. I was flying back and my stomach burned. I was caught by a wall of water. I touched my stomach and there was so much blood. Why was he trying to kill me? Why teach me to kill me?” I asked her. There was sadness in her eyes. 

“I heard Sasuke scream I somehow got myself to leaf shadow step in front of Sasuke. Itachi told me I was weak. I told him I was but he was even weaker for turning and killing his family. I know what it was like to have no one. Why would he do that? I asked him why teach me when he was going to kill me and he told me because he was bored.” I said. I felt so much anger, sadness and frustration. There was so much frustration. I felt my eyes tingle. I covered my eyes. 

“Big sis…” I whispered. 

“Yes Emiko.” She spoke softly. 

“I’m going to train by myself for a little while. I need some space.” I said. 

“What about your friends?” She asked. 

“Tell them I need space.” I spoke. She got up and left. I need to get stronger. I almost died and I never want to feel that ever again. If I get stronger than everyone else then no one can hurt me. I’ll protect my friends with everything I got.

——————————————

I was finally released from the hospital and I went to an empty training ground on the other side of where I usually train. I sat and meditated. I organized my thoughts. After doing so I pulled out the sword I just bought from a scroll. I looked at it. Its weight was more than I’m used to as it is bigger than kunais. I got in a stance and did fifty downward slashes, and fifty thrusts. My arms hurt at what I thought was a minimal amount swings. My stomach grumbled. I clutched the sword. I spent money I use for food for this sword. I just have to find something I could eat in the woods. I sighed putting it away and start looking for eatable plants. 

——————————————

Naruto marched and slammed his hands on the desk in front of me. 

“Look at me and listen good Emiko!” Naruto shouted. I felt eyes and I wanted to disappear in that moment. 

“I know you and Sasuke went through something but you need to stop sulking! Training is boring without you! Big Sis told us you wanted space you got space but I’m not giving anymore. I will drag you to training today, tomorrow and every day after that. You will get stronger! Sasuke will get stronger and we will get stronger? Why? Because we have each other and we grow stronger because we have the other to rely on! Believe it!” Naruto shouted. 

“Yes I believe it. I’m sorry.” I said looking down. 

“It’s okay sorry I wasn’t there to scream it at you to start with. But it’s been a month and she dragged us through the forest around the village to do laps to get more stamina.” Naruto said. He continued on complaining on what Anko forced them to do in training and his now fear of snakes. I shake my head sorry but I’m glad I missed that. 

0