Chapter 1: Testing batch 1
663 9 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Keres floated in the murky black void that was her realm. It had been several weeks since she had been reincarnated into this life. Her purpose was simple create villains for heroes to rise up and vanquish. Her secondary goal to drive the world into calamity for humans to evolve or destroy the world. Keres had a smallish figure with hair made of blue fire that went to her ankles. Her ivory skin developed dark patches and her blue eyes started glowing an ominous purple. 

Name: Keres

Race: Godkin

Job: Creator of Villains / Tester of Worlds and Heroes

Titles: None

Skills: Trial creation LV1, Reward generation and distribution LV1, World Invasion LV1, Mob generation LV1, Corruption LV1

Subordinates: None

Villains created: 0      Villains defeated: 0

Heroes created: 0      Hero’s defeated: 0

Worlds destroyed: 0     Worlds ascended: 0

The screen was black with skeleton hands clutching the sides, the writing was bright blue with a flame like font. The world she was assigned to was earth from the DC universe. She spent several days creating a special trial, and finding the perfect players.

Trial: Goblin Coronation LV1

Number of players: 10

Difficult: Easy

Rules: Players must score 100 points or die. Goblins are worth 1 point and players are worth 100 points. There is no time limit the game only ends when all players have either escaped or died.

Reward: LV1 buff

Keres smiled as she prepared the trial for her unwilling guests. The trial arena was a large green field under a bright blue sky. Trees and flowers littered the field, the only sinister object was a cave entrance that was in the middle of the field. The first group of players were comprised of five men and five women. All of them had the potential on becoming villains. One man peaked Keres interest he was an occultist the man had ivory skin and blue eyes. His hair was short and brown, he was fairly tall maybe six foot. The others had brown and black hair with one woman having ginger hair. The others eyes were green, blue and grey in colour. She carefully kidnapped them by freezing time and kidnapping them through a black vortex.

The ten people looked around quite confused as they found themselves in the green field. Keres appeared before them and left off a whiff of her malevolent aura. “Greetings Humans and welcome to my game” Keres smiled as one of the men approached her. The man towered over her, his dark skin and tattoos made him look more intimidating. He didn’t have hair and his grey eyes glared at her, he wore a white vest and black jeans the shirt did little to hide his muscular physique.

“Who the fuck are you, you should be grateful I don’t bust a cap in your bitch ass.” The man spoke with all the grace of an arrogant ape.

“I have summoned you here for a test, pass and you will be rewarded and if you fail” Keres drew a line with her thumb across her throat. “Get one hundred points and you win, goblin’s are worth one point, players are worth one hundred. Select your weapons and I’ll start the trial” as Keres said this racks of medieval weapons appeared by the peoples sides. The weapons ranged from maces, bows and swords to shields and quarter staffs. The black man took a metal spiked club and took a few practise swingings. The occultist took a small short sword and a wooden round shield. The others quickly grabbed weapons and Keres smiled. 

She began to float in the air “Let the games begin then” with a giggle she clapped her hands. Glowing yellow eyes glared at the group as the weapon racks disappeared. The amount of eyes only multiplied as most of the group took several steps back. Keres heard a scream the woman with ginger hair was stabbed straight in the chest by the occultist. The scent of fresh blood must have excited the goblins as hundreds exploded out of the cave entrance. “Well this was to be expected” a black barrier formed around the occultist and lifted him in the air. The black man grunted at the development and watched the horde of goblins approach. 

The goblins themselves were small green humanoids with long pointed ears. They wore small loincloths, most of them didn’t have weapons those that did had crudely made clubs or shanks. The black man laughed like a maniac and swung his club smashing one of the goblins heads. The others of the group trembled as they to fought the goblins. More and more kept coming and the group soon began to tire. The first goblin caused death was when the black man used one of the other men as a human shield. The man’s screams were loud as the goblins tore him to pieces. This gave the other participants to score some bonus points. 

Keres designed this trial to show the ruthlessness of the competitors. The goblins would overwhelm any player and the players would need to realise reaching one hundred kills would be impossible. And if they didn’t act fast enough to bag themselves a player kill they might end up dying as well. Three more of the competitors fell they were another man and two women. The black man seemed to be having the time of his life as he killed goblin after goblin. His grin was wide as the green blood splattered his face. One woman completed the trial by slitting the throat of another woman. She joined the occultist and Keres in the air it seemed the terror had gotten to her. 

The last woman was quickly dispatched by the goblins and her corpse was defiled. The black man was now surrounded but that didn’t seem to worry him. He used goblins as shields and kept swinging his club. Some goblins were able to wound him but this just seemed to piss him off even more. One goblin buried its shank in his side, the man smacked it away and pulled the shank out. He roared as he now dual wielded the shank and spiked club. ‘Would you look at that he actually killed a hundred goblins’ Keres snapped her fingers and a similar black barrier formed around the man. The remaining goblins were swallowed up by blue flames and not even ashes remained.

Absorbed the souls of 7 uninitiated players.

70 SP has been generated

Keres giggled she gained Soul Power from those who were killed in the trials or for crimes or deeds those who used her system did. She got ten SP for Uninitiated level players, one hundred for Rookie level players, one thousand for Trained level players. Ten thousand for Veteran level players, one hundred thousand for Champion level players. One million for Mega level players, ten million for Ultimate level players and finally one hundred million for God level players. The three surviving players looked at Keres as she placed them on the green field. Three black windows appeared in front of the three people. The windows had silver edges and a picture of a skull in the background. The screens asked them to chose a reward and a Job, Keres gave the black guy an additional reward than she peered at their stat screens.

Name: Jack Fulcrum

Race: Human    Age: 26

Level: Rookie

Title: None

Job: Cultist LV1

Skills: Lesser Contract making, Lesser Ritual summoning

Boons: Basic Occultist Knowledge

SP: 0

Name: Maximilian Maximus 

Race: Human   Age: 31

Level: Rookie

Title: To Angry To Die

Job: Warrior LV1

Skills: Lesser Agro, Melee weapon proficiency

Martial Skills: Double Slice

Boons: Peak Human Strength

SP: 0


Name: Juli Smith

Race: Human   Age:19

Level: Rookie

Title: None

Job: Seductress LV1

Skills: Lesser Charm, Enchanting Voice

Boons: Peak Human Beauty

SP: 0


The woman seemed happy with her choice as her green eyes shined brighter, her ivory skin gleamed and her chestnut hair had more volume. Any imperfections ceased to exist on her skin and face. “You chose peak human beauty, hum that means no matter how old you get your face and body will still look young and gorgeous, doesn’t help with your body tho.” Keres looked at Maximilian “you chose peak human strength so no mater how old or out of shape you might get you’ll always be strong.”

“Excuse me but what the hell is this, and will we have to do more of these games” Maximilian did air quotes with his big black hands on the word games. 

“Well to be short no you won’t have to do those games again if you don’t want to but rewards await those that play my games, the more difficult the game the better reward. You can use anything you got from my games or your job in your world.” This peaked their interest especially Maximilian he grind and cracked his knuckles.

“So you’re saying I can kill things and get rewarded for it” his grin didn’t recede “now tell me what this SP shit is bitch?”

Keres gave the black man a stern look “SP is the currency of my games, you can get it as a reward, looting it off dead players or completing missions I give you. You use SP to buy items, Skills even creatures from me.” Keres waved her hand and all three of them were sent back to where she plucked them from.

————————————————————————

Maximilian was dropped onto his couch in his dingy apartment. He processed what had happened to him and he smiled he could kill things and get more powerful. What ever that bitch was he knew he would need to play her games. His fists clenched as he walked up to a beaten up punching bag in the rooms corner. He gave it a few light blows before a strong one, his fist punched a hole straight through the bag. ‘With this power I can move up in the world, and get out of this rat ass smelling apartment.” He pulled out a blue hoodie from the wardrobe nearby. 

He had to work his crummy job at a construction site to just manage to scrape enough money together for rent. Little did he know Keres was watching him from her realm with a wide smile on her face. “Thats a good boy think about all the evil you can do with your new abilities.” She watched him some more as he worked the construction site moving heavy bags and stuff like that around. She could tell he didn’t like his boss, he left his workplace and jogged to an abandoned warehouse. Inside was a small illegal underground fighting ring this was where Maximilian earned the bulk of his money.

There was only rule in this place and that was to win by any means. But there was an unspoken rule don’t kill your opponent. His opponent this time was some Chinese fat ass with a bald head. He wore a mask ‘it seems like this is going to be a piece of cake, tubby looks like he ate my actual opponent.’ The fat man charged at Maximilian with his arms raised like an idiot. Maximilian grabbed the mans hands and both were locked in a situation where the stronger man would win the match. Max smiled as he started to over power the Chinese man. A sickening snapping was heard by all as Max broke the mans hands. The Chinese man screamed in pain as bones poked out of his hands. 

————————————————————————

“Juli! Hello Juli!” Juli attention snapped to the person who was shaking her. It was her lecturer she was back in her class ‘was it all a dream’ she thought but she saw her reflection in the teachers glasses. Her face was beautiful her eyes seemed like they had new life in them. “Miss Juli have you been listening to my lecture?” Keres watched the developing situation from her realm. 

“Yes Mr Murrough I have been listening” Keres noticed Juli activated her skill without even knowing it. An invisible pink love heart only Juli and Keres could see floated towards the man and was absorbed by him. 

His eyes gleamed pink for a microsecond “of course Miss Juli please tell me if there is anything else I could do for you”. Juli smiled at herself the powers she had received from that woman made her able to control people. But all Juli remembered of the woman was her blue flaming hair the rest of her mental image was foggy like the woman was coated in a black fog. ‘This is my moment I can be someone with this power and all for the cost of some random stranger.’ Keres giggled at Juli’s thoughts and wished her luck before deciding to check on the man named Jack Fulcrum.

————————————————————————

Jack was now standing in the middle of a chalk drawn pentagram in his apartment. The curtains were all shut and it made it completely dark. Jack collapsed to his knees and cried “I was trying to make a deal but I was chosen by a goddess” he whimpered. A vast quantity of information started to flood his head “thank you goddess for your divine blessing”. Keres giggled at the crazy man and used fifty SP to generate a mission for him. 

Summon something using your Novice Ritual summoning.

Reward: Keres Appreciation, low tier ritual material

Jack frantically began to wipe away the chalk pentagram “the goddess has sent me a mission”. Jack began to draw an octagon with runes and markings on the edges. He placed a candle in the middle of the octagon and slit his hand with a knife. “ Durch mein Blut rufe ich dich, gefräßiger Flammengeist, erhöre meinen Ruf und besiegele unseren Pakt. Lass meine Feinde deine Feinde sein und verbrenne sie mit deinem strahlenden Feuer.” The flame got bigger and bigger and turned black before it took shape.

Name: Ignis

Race: Lesser Demonic Fire Elemental

Level: Rookie

Skills: Lesser Fire Immunity

Magic: Novice Demonic Flame Magic

The spirit was made of black flame with a small body and glowing red eyes of flame. Jack quickly made a contact with Ignis and checked his own stat window.

Name: Jack Fulcrum

Race: Human    Age: 26

Level: Rookie

Title: None

Job: Cultist LV1

Contracts: Ignis (Rookie)

Skills: Lesser Contract making, Lesser Ritual summoning

Boons: Basic Occultist Knowledge

SP: 0

Jack smiled and Keres smiled as well “it looks like things are going well time to give him his reward”. Keres snapped her fingers and in a puff of smoke a strange rock appeared on the table next to Jack. 

He got onto his knees and prayed “thank you goddess your humble servant thanks you.”

26