Chapter 7: Medusa
557 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day of the second attack was upon Keres and with a wicked smile she appeared in the Gorgon’s world.  The Gorgon and a hundred of her Naga minions were prepared for the portal to open. The portal was in the middle of the site where they all emerged from, their birth place if you would. Keres stood in between two massive stone pillars. A small blazer burned behind her and a small wind whipped around her. Her smoky black mist body wafted and distorted because of this wind slightly.

“My dear children you have been selected as the first of your race to wage war against the Earth. You my children can plunder, kill and loot to your hearts content. The day is yours and what is theirs will belong to you, beyond this gate it waits for you it’s there go and take it!” As Keres yelled this an ember of black flame left her finger and floated towards the blazer. The flame connected with the blazer and it burned black. The wind began to whip up into a frenzy as a black portal began to tear open where the blazer once was. 

Keres got out of the way as the portal began to grow and grow hitting the pillars sides and becoming like a doorway. “Charge my children go and earn yourselves spoils from this weak world!” A menacing smile crossed her face as the Naga, Big Ass Snakes and the Gorgon hissed their battle cries. They charged into the portal and disappeared.

————————————————————————

The ground began to be torn apart by small streaks of black lightning. A small part of the Daily Planet was absorbed by the growing portal. People began to scream as forty feet long snakes erupted from the portal. Keres had decided to change their names to Titanoboa’s since Big Ass Snakes was just unprofessional. As the Titanoboa’s flooded into the streets the Naga and Naga Brood-guard exited the portal hissing triumphantly. The portal had now reached its full size, it was a hundred and thirty feet wide and sixty feet tall. The Gorgon was the last to exit she was protected by four Naga Brood-guards. 

“So this is Earth” the Gorgon hissed as she slithered further away from the portal. “What a disgusting sight, this needs changing” the Gorgon caught sight of a group of trembling civilians. “I think some statues will be good” the Gorgon activated her Stone Glare racial ability. Her face twisted and transformed into one of pure monstrosity and the group screamed. All that remained were five grey stone statues with horrified expressions and poses.

The Naga’s and Naga Brood-guard charged forward and started hacking apart the civilians and vehicles. The Titanoboa’s smashed into buildings and people crushing the people instantly and breaking parts of the buildings. Just like Central City the police were blissfully unaware of the monsters destroying the city. But a certain superhero was on a date with his girlfriend Louis Lane. When a Titanoboa was about to crash into the pair it suddenly got flung into a nearby building.

The superhero was Superman and he had to quickly apologise to Louis for their date being ruined before running into a nearby phone booth. 

————————————————————————

As the attacks and fighting intensified between the monsters and the ill equipped police a small army amassed. They wore long black cloaks and black masks a man stood before them his cloak was black with purple and golden trim. His mask was purple and he had an air of authority with him. A shorter figure stood by him this figures cloak was black and purple but with a silver trim and he wore a black mask with purple markings.

“Brothers and sisters today is the day, the goddess has sent these monsters to test our metal. We must prove to her we are ready and we need to open the eyes of these sheep that their heroes are as fragile as glass!” The figure bellowed followed by a chorus of cheers and the slamming of weapons on nearby by surfaces and shields. “We are small in number but we have the gifts of the goddess and we will triumph, may the goddess protect you!” As the figure said this the other cloaked men and women charged forward screaming at the top of their lungs.

The figure with the purple mask stood still for a moment and the figure with the silver mask with purple markings came towards him. “Brother Jack shall I engage the enemy as well?” Jack turned to the figure and smiled.

“Yes brother Juria you may engage the enemy as you see fit. Jack smiled as he ran off towards the fight, Jack was slightly nervous he had summoned another Elemental. This spirit was constantly bickering with Ignis and the two hated each other. The spirit was summoned using the ritual material he had received from summoning Ignis.

Name: Cocytus 

Race: Lesser Demonic Ice Elemental 

Level: Rookie

Skills: Lesser Ice Immunity 

Magic: Novice Demonic Ice Magic

Cocytus was of similar stature to Ignis but had glowing green eyes and a body made of black ice. “I say we rush them and burn them to a crisp!” The excited screeches of Ignis rang out.

“Of course a fire elemental would say that, no class or strategy whatsoever” Cocytus retorted with a cold emotionless tone. 

“WHY YOU ICY BASTARD!” Purple and black fire bellowed out of Ignis’s mouth as he spoke. A giant snake charged Jack and his squabbling Elemental’s.

“Freeze in anguish lesser creatures, the freezing frost holds no empathy to your suffering, Tier One Demonic Ice Magic: Frost Bolt!” A black snowflake from Cocytus’s hand and it flew towards the snake. The snake immediately died as its head and entire body was frozen solid. It shattered into a million pieces as it slide and hit a lamppost. 

“Enough you two lets get this task done and show our worth to the goddess”

“Simp”

“Lolicon” Jack felt somewhat hurt by his spirits words but he didn’t let them penetrate too deep. Another serpent charged him and Cocytus froze it too. Jack marched forward burning and freezing every enemy that came at him.

————————————————————————

Superman’s fist smashed through another of the giant snakes that were attacking the city. He had defeated nearly a hundred of the things before the rest of the league arrived to help. Several of the humanoid snake people leapt at him with their maces raised high. Their weapons did little to him as they desperately smacked him with the weapons. They hissed viciously and tried to bite him their fangs snapped off as they locked their jaws on him. 

Superman easily smacked them away with one hand killing them instantly. Four larger members of the humanoid snake race slithered towards him. They guarded a woman with a black and blue serpentine lower half. The woman’s hair was a wriggling mass of black and purple snakes. The woman’s pink eyes gave Superman a cold glare as she looked around and saw the dead Naga. “You will pay dearly for that monkey!” She hissed as she reared up towering above Superman. “But as a gracious ruler I’ll give you a choice serve me or die!” Her snake hair snapped hungrily as she said die.

Superman shifted slightly and prepared to launch a surprise attack. “It seems you’ve made your choice then” Superman launched forward at tremendous speed. It wasn’t fast enough tho as the Gorgon had turned him to stone and caught the now stone Superman with both hands. A small smile crept onto her face as she dragged her sharp nails across the stoney surface. “I gave you the choice and you chose wrong” she whispered into the stone Superman’s ear.

The Gorgon smiled as she ordered her guards to carry the statue to the portal ‘he’ll make a good tail stool’ she giggled at the thought. Keres giggled as well as the Naga Brood-guard nodded slightly and lifted the statue up. Keres spotted a speeding object heading towards the Gorgon and she gave her a heads up. The Gorgon caught the fists of Wonder Woman easily and flung her into a nearby building. A speeding blur hit the Gorgon and made her slither back in surprise. 

A man in a red spandex suit with a lightning bolt on the chest. “You okay Wonder Woman?” The man yelled as he sped towards the Gorgon again. A series of furious and explosive blows hit the Gorgon. The Flash was able to get around the Gorgon and was about to hit its head when he stopped mid swing. His fist was nearly plunged into a mass of snakes. Wonder Woman exploded out of the hole that she left in the building and smashed her fist into the Gorgon’s face. 

This blow made the Gorgon slither back ever so slightly a wide grin slithered onto the Gorgon’s face. “Is that the best you’ve got” she hissed and laughed at the same time. The Flash and Wonder Woman were sent flying as the Gorgon span around and used its tail as a mace hitting both of them. “That caped man gave me more hassle than you two” she laughed as she arced her tail high into the air above an unconscious Flash. A small bat shaped object hit her face and exploded stunning the Gorgon slightly. 

This allowed Wonder Woman to grab the Flash and get a safe distance away. Batman threw several more projectiles at the Gorgon they had a lessened effect as the Gorgon shielded herself. A menacing hiss erupted out as a ten Titanoboa’s slithered for their lives. Chasing them was a figure wearing a black and purple cloak with a silver trim. The figure was beating all his enemies to death with two metal batons. Batman recognised the figure as his sidekick Robin but he didn’t want to risk breaking his cover just incase. 

The Gorgon just glared at the new figure with a look of distain. That look was interrupted by a flame hurtling towards her. She slithered out of the way and a small group of Titanoboa’s were enveloped by black flame.

“It looks like you were lucky foul beast to avoid my Hellflame Flare” the figure who shot the flame laughed. Keres watched on from her realm as Jack and Dick casually approached. Batman looked at the new figure with anger building Robin had told him this guy knew the attack was coming and here he was trying to be a hero. 

“You will pay dearly for this offensive monkey!” The Gorgon hiss spat as she readied herself to turn the lot of them to stone. This plan was halted as some weird green man rose from the ground and punched her into a building.

“Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Superman has been turned to stone by this monster and is now being transported to the portal. Go and retrieve him, I will deal with this one” they nodded and quickly left just as the Gorgon recovered.

“You will pay for that green man” she hissed and launched forward.

“Halt their advance and impale them with a wall of ice, Tier Two Demonic Ice Magic: Spiked Ice Wall!” Cocytus touched the ground as he spoke. An ice trail shot forward before stopping five feet away. The trail then split into two and started forming a straight lime. As the Gorgon came closer to this line large jagged icicles shot upward hitting her. This did little at hurting her but angered her by quite some amount.

“I will feast on your bones as I have my Naga’s rape your corpse!” Her face twisted angrily as Dick jumped forward smacking her in the face with his batons. This momentarily stunned her long enough for Martian Manhunter to wrap himself around her. 

“Burn the Heretics that dare to change the world, let the sacred flame burn those who stand in our way and let their screams fuel their bonfire, Tier Two Demonic Flame Magic: Salem Barbecue!” A large glowing black glyph formed under the Gorgon. The Martian Manhunter quickly let go of the Gorgon and quickly fled the glyph circle. The Glyph glowed brighter and brighter until it finally reached its climax.

A column of black flame shot up towards the sky and the Gorgon started to scream in agony. This lasted for about six seconds and as the flames began to recede the trio saw what was left of their opponent. The once mighty Gorgon was now slumped onto the ground wheezing heavily. Her clothes had completely disintegrated, her flesh was charred and smouldering. Her snake hair was still as they had all died and her breathing was extremely shallow. “You are one tough bitch monster” Jack Laughed as he had both Ignis and Cocytus ready their attacks to finish her. 

————————————————————————

Keres watched the action unfold from a prime view in her realm. She had made a crisp one million SP from the attack but she felt it could be more. A small smile formed on her face as long as the Gorgon remained alive the attack would continue. She spent twenty thousand points to give the Gorgon a name. This would leave her with nine hundred and eighty one thousand seven hundred points but Keres knew this was a good investment.

Unit name: Medusa (Gorgon)

Race: Gorgon

Level: Trained (X5 thanks to being named)

Racial abilities: Stone Glare (Stone), Stone Glare (Paralyse), Stone Glare (Restore), Granite Skin, Poisonous Snake Hair, Venomous Nails

Items: Medusa’s Head, 3 bottles of Gorgon Snake Hair Venom, Venomous Gorgon nails 1~10

Skills: Lesser Curse Immunity, Lesser Elemental Immunity, Naga Command

Martial Skills: Hypnotic Stare, Inescapable Constriction, Venom Spray, Naga Enragement

“It’s time for your second phase Medusa don’t let me down!” Keres watched as her new named monster was enveloped by a dark light. A smile stretched on her face as her pawns and Martin Manhunter looked on in horror.

I just used an AI art Generator to make some art for Ignis and Cocytus hope you like. (PS bare in mind this art is of their Baby stage or as my story calls Lesser Elemental) 

Ignis

Cocytus 

18