A Howling Encounter [I]
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Listening to the rustling sound in the wind, Linley knew what he had overlooked. Wolves were social animals that moved in packs, so why would a single dire wolf appear in front of him? The only explanation was that there were more wolves nearby.

No wonder he didn't find any small animals around here. This was the territory of the wolves and he accidentally ran into their den.

The rustling sound became louder and louder, and many black shadows appeared in the distance, moving quickly.

Linley didn't dare to delay. So he picked up the makeshift bag containing the fruits, and threw it on his back. Taking the remaining half of the stick, he turned around, jumped off the boulder, and ran towards the depths of the mountain.

Not long after he left the area, a pack of wolves came near the boulder and found the wolf that sent out the distress signal. The wolf that was seriously injured by Linley. It was short of breath, with too much air coming out of its lungs but little air going in. It was obvious it wouldn't survive for much longer.

The wolf pack quickly divided themselves into two groups, one on the left and the other on the right, creating an aisle at the middle.

A huge black dire wolf, much larger than an ordinary dire wolf, came to the injured wolf, sniffed the injured wolf with its nose, and then looked up to the sky and howled.

Many perching birds spread their wings and took to the sky, as if they knew that the dire wolf King was angry. The better hid far away.

And Linley, who was running away into the mountains, became frightened by the sheer power of the roar and almost fell down. What kind of wolf was that? He could imagine the consequences of the beast catching up with him. Without any delay, he quicken his pace again.

When the wolves heard the dire wolf king's roar, they all lay down on the ground and roared, as if accepting the order, and then ran quickly in the direction of the fleeing Linley.

The wolf king circled the injured wolf twice, let out a low growl, and, protected by dozens of incredibly strong wolves, followed the gallant wolves.

Linley ran quickly, with the sound of wind whining in his ears. He observed the surrounding situation while running. In order to avoid being surrounded by wolves, he kept to the thick areas of the forest, and ran in an irregular pattern.

But the wolves followed his scent and kept changing directions, gradually approaching him. Although he ran very fast, his two legs still couldn't outrun the four legged creatures.

After a few minutes, he was overtaken by the wolf who was running at the front. Because there were many trees and he ran very fast, the wolves could not surround him, and the only ones that were in attacking positions were the first few.

Seeing Linley appear in front of them, the first few wolves immediately became excited and rushed towards him in unison. One of them seemed to be impatient. It jumped up, opened its big mouth, ready to bite down on Linley's neck.

He heard the sound of a dire wolf running behind him, felt a bad wind coming, and even smelled the stench from the wolf's mouth. He quickly dodged to the side and narrowly avoided the attack on his neck, but his back was scratched by the wolf's front paws, causing several gashing wounds and the blood trickled down endlessly.

Linley screamed in pain and hit the wolf in the lower back with the half stick in nis hand. The dire wolf howled and fell to the ground unable to get up.

The other wolves saw his bleeding back and were stimulated by the smell of blood. They immediately growled and continued to pounce.

Linley swung the wooden stick, blocking canine left and right, resisting and retreating at the same time. In this way, his physical strength was exhausted very quickly. He became anxious.

There were more and more wolves gathering together, from a few at the beginning to more than ten, and the number kept increasing.

Linley immediately fell into disorientation and confusion. He leaned against a big tree, dealing with the attacks of the wolves in front of him. Several more wounds were added to his chest and arms, and his blood dyed the already torn robe red.

Did the heavens want him to die again here? No, he was not ready to reach the heavens gate. He wanted revenge, he wanted atonement for the wronged ones. Blood for blood.

An unyielding thought created an eternal will and shot straight into the sky. Linley's pupils were filled with blood, and his murderous intent was soaring to the heavens. He didn't want to die here, and he couldn't die here. He really couldn't afford to die here.

He raised the stick with all his strength and struck the wolf that was charging forward.

Affected by his obsession, a strand of white light streaked out from the bronze pendant on his chest, and radiated through his whole body. He saw the wound which was bleeding immediately stopped releasing blood. The wound was healing at a speed visible to the naked eye.

Then, the strand of light enveloped the wooden stick in Linley's hand, and it seemed to have developed a layer of metallic luster.

Linley also suddenly felt that his body was full of strength, and all the previously exhausted energy had been replenished.

So when the stick he swung with a whistling sound hit a wolf on the head, he only heard a popping sound, but the wolf's head was smashed into pieces, with red and white stains flowing all over the floor.

He couldn't believe his eyes. This was power. He was overjoyed. He had long known that this bronze pendant was not an ordinary thing, but never thought it would be this useful. It saved his life at this critical moment. But why couldn't it save the deceased owner of this body?

It seemed that he would have to study it carefully when he had time in the future. Maybe there were some secrets that he didn't know about.

When the remaining wolves saw that Linley had killed one of them, not only did they not flinch, but started attacking even more crazily. He continued to swing the wooden stick. Although there was no method, but with the blessing of spirit wheel energy, it was very powerful.

Another wolf was hit in the front leg. Its bones and tendons were immediately broken, and it rolled on the ground and howled.

Linley's swinging continued, and one wolf after another was knocked down. Some were killed on the spot, while some were seriously injured and fell to the ground wailing. Not long after, the dozen or so wolves that arrived first lay on the ground, surrounded by a pool of blood.

Breathing heavily, Linley used his hands to dab at the sweat on his head. Looking at the miserable state of the wolves around him, he couldn't help but feel sick in his stomach, and he started to retch while holding on to the big tree.

After vomiting, Linley forced himself to adapt to the blood around him. He had to adapt to the blood, because what was waiting for him would be even more bloody and cruel. Linley's eyes became more and more determined, and his stomach stopped churning.

At this time, the wolves at the back also arrived one after another, and they were all attracted by the strong smell of blood. This smell undoubtedly became the guiding light for the wolves at night, causing the wolves to gather around this place.

Soon there were hundreds of wolves gathering together, but they were frightened by the bloody scene and did not dare to step forward.

After a stalemate for a while, the wolves made a slight commotion, and then moved to both sides, making way for a path in the middle. A tall and mighty black dire wolf came slowly with a group of wolves.

Wolf king, level twenty.

When the wolf king saw the carcasses of the wolves everywhere, it howled angrily. The wolves around it crouched down and whined. After the Wolf King vented its anger, it turned his attention to the human.

Linley felt chilled in his heart when the dire wolf King stared at him fiercely. He knew that the final battle was coming, so he held the stick hard and kept muttering in his heart: Precious water, flow out quickly, or I will become food for the wolves if you don't come out. He was trying to summon the mysterious energy of the Dragon Pendant.

However, the bronze pendant did not react at all, but the energy that had previously stayed in his spirit wheel separated a bit and encircled the wooden stick again.

He immediately became energetic, pointed the wooden stick at the Wolf King, and raised it, meaning to let the Wolf King come and die.

Seeing Linley's provocation, the Wolf King shook its tail twice vigorously and growled twice. Two massive wolves immediately walked out from the wolf guards, behind the Wolf King.

0