Chapter 11 – Exposition, Exposition and more Exposition!
555 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So is it illegal to be a free non-human in this land? I don't really know anything about this Kingdom and would love to know where the fuck I actually am." That would be my first Order of business I had to figure out. Bob looked like he tried to find the right words, before he began to speak with a deep baritone voice.

"No it is not. Rather you cant do anything illegal, because you doesn't count as person in this kingdom. Only humans have rights and then only men the most. All other races are nothing more than beasts in the eyes of this kingdom and you could be killed, raped or enslaved without anybody giving a shit. Woman are not that much better other than they cant be killed or enslaved that easy without punishment, but anything else is hard for them. They pretty much cant work and are heavily relying on finding a husband. The human males have it pretty good. Every town has a school and a man can do pretty much anything he wants. The Right to rule isn't even inherited, but merit based. The better you are the better chances to success you have. You can even as commoner be selected as the new King if your good enough. Well of course as I said only if you are a human male."

My mouth was gaping and I was speechless. How can such a kingdom exists. And why the fuck did I spawn here. Bob cough a bit and I could see his hairs on his neck are standing. I probably made a pretty pissed face and in my assassin persona it appeared rather intimidating. I relaxed a bit and sighed.

"How in the world can such a Kingdom survive. Wouldn't any other power be able to stomp such a system or even try to eradicate it? If I ever have a chance this kingdom is the first to vanish from this map." It could be that I growled at the end, because Bob took a step back. He coughed and looked at me.

"That I can answer pretty easy. This land has absolutely nothing of worth. Sure a few mines in the northern mountain range and other resources, but nothing really rare that would scream to be conquered. At least nothing that would be worth the effort. West and south is the sea and in the north and East a mountain range that is hard to climb and impossible to pass with an army and nobody made an effort to make a way through it. This country is pretty self sufficient and only the capital has a few import goods. So now only few really pay attention to this land and if we don't do anything stupid nobody important enough will care about us." He shrugs and I have to chuckle.

"Stupid like trying to make chimeras of different races with even pretty rare ones like angels and demons?" I ask and his wide eyes are answers enough.

"Nobody would be stupid enough to do this. Not after the Magic society prohibited it after the accident 50 years ago. Everyone who is doing this gets hunted down." And there I have my answer. I have a feeling the Kingdom will have serious problems in the future.

"One such facility was not so far away. Okay I don't know if it was far away, but I don't think so. Did you see a big explosion in the east?"

He nods and his eyes grew wide with realization. "That was you? What happened? Since then the security got tighter and we have to be more careful" I just shrugged.

"I don't exactly know what you locals know about us immortals, but we had a few choices when we got send here. I didn't really had a choice were I would land and woke up in the facility. I found another one of us and we discovered experiments with animal and monsters and parts of other races like demons and angels. In the basement was a mana reactor guarded by a chimera. He killed my companion and the I blew up the reactor and the facility with it. I would guess all who are involved will know about this, but if there are other such facilities and other immortals find them or land in them this secret will not stay a secret for long. We are love to discover secrets and many like to boast about them."

Bob seemed to contemplate this info, before speaking. "Then we have to prepare. Whoever is doing this is probably not one of the darker side of society or at least doesn't work for one, because we know what we didn't want to do. The Boss will handle that. And we the system informed us about your arrival. You are supposedly a new challenge for us and would be free to do whatever you want. This is new and i guess every leader will handle it differently." He didn't really seems to care what would happen and I couldn't blame him.

"So what can you tell me about the system in general. I kind of got forced to skip the tutorial and want a basic outline."

"hmmm. That is a broad question. Everyone has starter stats and their are many more. Most of them hidden until you unlocked them. Nobody knows how you do that and it is for every person different. The average stat for a human is 10 and is the lowest, but they have only positive traits. for the rest of the races its varied. At level 50 you can advance your class and unlock your third one. It is said that you get a third one at level 500, but everyone who reached that level didn't said much. Everyone beyond that is stuff of legends. Your skills cap at level 25 and they can evolve when you advance your class or you met other requirements. That said they can evolve when you advance even if they aren't at max, but then they will be weaker. Of course only Skills that correlate with your class will evolve. There are Evolution for races, but you they are hard to find. Most of them have many conditions or Quests that you have to do. To get skills you have to train the skill for a long period of time or get trained by someone with the skill who is qualified under the system. You cant really get Race Traits, but other if you met the requirements. Not all are positive and the easiest Traits to gain are addictions ones and they are nasty to remove. Most of the time the system stays passive and only gives you quests, but the gods can use the interface to communicate with their followers. That should be the basic."

I listened to the long explanation and nodded. "What is the average stat of a level 50? And you have gods? Then are their religion or something similar?" I didn't saw a priest class anywhere an was rather curious.

"The average stat should be around 700-800, but it varies wildly the good classes and strong people don't really share what they have so it is all speculation. At least here in this backwater town. And of course we have gods. Quite a few actually. There should be several hundreds out there and yes we have religion. This country has the God of Men Indoda as main deity if you will. They are not strongly represented here and you see more of them in the capital."

I nod and contemplate what he told me. That was all good to know and I now know where I was and how I would start. I would train a little bit here and then travel to the capital. And I would look into a way to leave this country at fast as possible. I don't really thought I could gain much here.

"Thank you for all the info. So now I would like to take a few assassination requests. Could you prepare them for me for the next night? Ohh and a trainer for hand to hand combat would be nice. And could you look into someone who could make me a good pair of daggers? And I mean really good ones. I want need them for the first targets, but for higher level ones I want quality stuff. I will have the money after the first few Quests. And prepare the entry in the library for the next night. And at last is  here somewhere where I can sleep? I am really tired and don't really have much to do in the day." The time it took me to find this place and talk with people it was now in the early mornings and I would like to sleep.

"I will look into our requests. The trainer will be ready whenever you are and I can at least get you in contact with a good smith who doesn't really care what race you are. The library entry can be arranged later in the evening when the sun is setting. And yes we have beds here you can sleep in one of the unoccupied rooms upstairs." he nodded to a staircase. I nodded and made my way up and to a room that wasn't closed. I closed the door and locked it and went into bed. It wasn't really comfortable, but better than the ground. I cuddled into my cloak and activated my invisibility and then shifted into the void. I shouldn't move too much in the night, so my invisibility should stay intact, but if it fails or somebody just blindly attacks me I will survive even if the attack should kill me. And with that I drifted off to sleep.

Exposition. Next chapter, training quests and more exposition! Maybe a little map!

Because I don't know how frequent I will post in the future(and that people can annoy me to write) I made a basic discord: https://discord.gg/JTRURXb

Edit: So Im in a bit of struggle how i want to continue from here so this is on indefinite Hiatus until further notice. Sorry about that, but im having trouble writing interaction between MC and  other Characters.

3