Chapter 6 – The Facility part 2
337 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
A little change in a previous chapter. In the first encounter she got 3 levels instead of one.

We descended slowly and reached the end of the stairs. These staits were longer than the first one and we soon found out why.There was a large double door made out of metal. Whatever laid behind this was important and I smirked. I hoped there would be good loot, but I put the greedy thoughts on the back of my mind. Whatever was behind these doors it would be guarded. "Let us add as friend, than we can communicate over the chat. When we go in i will start invisible and want to stay that way until we have more Infos. I will let you tank whatever is behind it, that we get an idea. I don't know if i can one shot it, if it is too strong so i want to be on the safe side" The previous failure was just so dumb and shouldn't have happened her. She grew a little bit too arrogant with her stats and bonuses.

Rex nodded and accepted her request. "Sounds like a plan. And then we will have a loot and riches!" His eyes seemed to gleam and she just rolled her eyes. "I am ready as soon as I am invisible." And then she just did that. After a few second Rex pushed the heavy doors open only enough that he could slip through they were really massive at least three times his size. She followed and the door closed shut behind her. The Room was massive and covered the complete basement. The room was round and formed like a dome and in the middle was a huge opening the size of half of the room. That was a little strange, but nothing else. What was strange and worrying was the blue lightning and light that traveler from a device a the ceiling down the hole along a thick glas container that seemed filled. The room was full of mana and you could see it even with normal vision. I guess the facility produced its own energy. There were a few consoles on the wall and one directly in front of the pit.

I moved a little along the wall, before there was a loud growl and something crept up behind the glass pillar and came slowly into view. My eyes nearly bulged out of my head as I saw the monster. It was somewhere around 5 meters in height. It had the body of a spider the torso of a lizardmen where the eyes should be a scorpion tail and i think demon wings.

[Chimera Level 35]

Well fuck. We are SO dead. I slowly walked along the wall and away from Rex, before I got a message from him. "How the FUCK should i tank that thing? The doors are closed and i cant flee!" She snorted yeah she couldn't really help and looked around the room for something useful. "Look at the console at the pit or try to lure it at the reactor. Maybe that can kill it." Was the only to things that she could think of.

As Rex didn't had much to loose he crept closer to the console. The chimera just observed him the whole time and looked at him more like a nuisance than anything else. He didn't even seem to qualify as food, but the chimera tensed as he got closer to the core and as he was around ten meters away the chimera acted. I couldn't even see the attack properly and it was already over. Rex had a huge hole in his chest where the scorpion tail pierced him and he fell dead on the ground. The chimera stood a little closer and has a range of a few meters.

Okay I had a plan. A ridiculously stupid plan, but i really didn't had to lose much. Okay maybe I did had to loose something, because I don't know the death penalty yet, but I don't care its still early in the game, so I hope it isn't to bad if this doesn't work.

First I shifted into my phoenix form. I looked like an eagle, but completely whit with wisp of fire around my wings and around 40 cm tall. Okay I would look like this, if I was visible. I needed a few moments to get used to this new form. I didn't had arms and only wings it was quite disorientating. After I got used to the form I tried to fly and it was easier than I thought. Sure I wasn't perfect, but good enough that I wouldn't fly into walls or plummet to the ground. I stabilized a bit in the air and made my way to the hole and then I left the ground.

I drew closer to the core and stopped before I got to the blue lightning and the visible mana. I still took damage, but I could cancel it out with my blood skill, but now i lost mana even faster and wouldn't last too long. I really hoped that would work. I faced the chimera who prodded the dead body with her stinger and made myself visible again. The head instantly snapped to me and I infused my mana into my voice and roared. I don't know how that was possible as a bird, but I didn't care. "COME AND GET ME YOU UGLY FUCK!" I really didn't know if it could understand me, but in case it could that would hopefully enrage it.

But my plan seemed to work. My Roar was a challenge to the monster and it was obviously commanded to protect this core at all cost and I just blatantly taunted it that I was near the core. So yeah it was pissed as fuck and raced towards me. It couldn't reach me with its stinger from the edge of the pit so it run towards it and leaped into my direction with the use of it wings it stabilized its flight and sped up. As soon as I saw it racing towards me, I shifted again into my much larger Dragon form. I was still not large as the monster, but I had more mass and it could aim at me better. But I didn't stop there I simultaneously flew backwards into the lightning and mana and got shocked with the mana lightning. It hurt like a bitch, even with my converting it to pleasure.

Before I could look how much damage I took, the chimera slammed into me and we both crashed into the pillar in the middle. My HP dropped rapidly and I did the only thing I could. I bit down on the shoulder and sucked its blood. It helped but not enough and my HP reached nearly zero and the chimera just wanted to end my, but before it got the chance everything went white. The reactor seemed to have exploded just as I planned and killed me with it and the chimera.

Next chapter the result of this plan and the end of this part. At first I intended to make it longer, but I didnt want to load too much into this first area. Hope you enjoyed it and I am open to suggestion for classes and race upgrades(Even if I have several ideas myself.) Ohh and skill suggestion.

4