Chapter 24
4.2k 14 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BANG

 

The door shut closed behind Jason. He leaned back heaving for his breath. Sweats riddled across his forehead.

 

Shit, I almost die just now.

 

An escape from death. A pack of mini-velociraptor chased him through the whole floor. Their numbers reaching twenty, it was suicidal if he had stayed behind and fight.

 

They almost caught up to him but Jason threw ten points to agility boosting his speed to a whole other level, leaving them in the dust.

 

His eyes wandered across the new room he took shelter in. A common office room, catering to those hotel admin workers for the event hall. The mirror wall at the other end illuminated the whole office room with the morning sunlight.

 

It would have been beautiful if it wasn’t for those little ancient lizards chasing after Jason’s life. Yet something caught his eyes.

 

At the far end corner of the office room, he saw a door slightly open. His gut feeling was telling him that something or someone was staring at him. The grip on the blade horn hilt tightened.

 

Someone’s there.

 

He saw it. The door slowly closed. Jason moved in an instant. He locked the door behind him and ran towards the door. He grabbed the doorknob and turned it.

 

It’s locked.

 

“Hey. Open up,” Jason said.

 

But there was no response from the inside.

 

“Open or I’ll bust this door down,” said Jason.

 

Jason didn’t knock on the door, making noise wasn’t acceptable at the moment. Who knows whether those mini-velociraptors could catch on to the noise or not. Yet a few seconds later, he heard the door unlocked. He twisted the doorknob and opened it up. What entered his line of sight was rather baffling.

 

Two men were wrestling on the floor. Two other people were just looking. While close to the door was a woman with a frightened look. The situation alone was telling him that something bad just happened.

 

“Eek,” the woman close to the door saw the long blade horn in Jason’s hand. She was frightened as her feet shuffled back until she trip and fell on her bum.

 

The two others also turned wary as they saw Jason with a sharp weapon. Jason remained silent and didn’t speak a word.

 

“Enough,” one of the men wrestling on the floor backed away and stood up.

 

The man dressed in a suit and tie dusted off his clothes as he stared daggers at the one opposite of him.

 

“Look at what you did Matt. You opened up the door to a psycho. I’ve warned you didn’t I?” said the man who just got up with his attire a bit more luxurious than the one before.

 

Matt glanced at Jason with wary eyes. He was expecting the rescue workers to come and save them but alas, it’s only a man.

 

“Who are you?” Matt asked.

 

Jason didn’t respond as he stared back at these people. He looked around the whole room and noticed how cramp it is with these people inside. He stood there contemplating. A minute later, he made his decision.

 

“Hey, are you deaf or-” the man who opposed opening the door spoke but Jason intervened.

 

“Get on the rooftop. The military will be sending an airstrike by tonight,” he said his piece and left the room.

 

Those inside the room were left dumbfounded. He went to one of the cubicles and sat on the seat. Then came Matt standing beside him with his eyes looking desperate.

 

“Hey, what do you mean an airstrike?” Matt asked.

 

Soon the rest came out of the small room and came closer to Jason.

 

“Like I said. If you don’t want to die, go to the roof,” said Jason.

 

“No, that wasn’t what I meant. How did you know? The government wouldn’t let just that to happened,” said Matt.

 

“I don’t know. I’m not the government,” said Jason. Talking was turning into an inconvenience for him.

 

He still had problems waiting outside of this office room.

 

“You believe this psycho bastard? Who in their right mind would send an airstrike to New York City?” said the man who was at odds with Matt.

 

The rest agreed with the man. People wouldn’t accept such a thing since being in denial was better than nothing. The three people went back into the room. Matt wouldn’t budge until he gets his answer.

 

“Please, I need to know,” said Matt.

 

“Someone I know had intel probably with the military perhaps,” said Jason.

 

“Probably?” Matt replied.

 

“I don’t care whether you believe me or not. I’m only here for a while,” said Jason. His tone and words were enough to tell Matt that he had no intention of talking.

 

Jason remained silent. Matt didn’t know what else to do as he returned once more to the small room.

 

Status open.

 

Jason Park

Job : None

Level 5

EP : 6/12

Strength : 8

Agility : 26

Dexterity : 5

Stamina : 4

Energy : 4

E.Resist : 0

Points : 7

Unique Trait : Rapid Growth

Skills : Basic Swordsmanship Lv.9, Minor Heal+ Lv.3

 

 

My stats distribution is definitely mess up. Too much agility perhaps?

 

He stared at the blue windows thinking about his path in this new world. One thing he knew about, that he could gain double the points compared to normal people as exhibited by Maria. Thus, in essence, he was more like level ten than level 5.

 

But his stats distribution wasn’t helping him much.

 

Should I just put it all into agility? Running seems helpful at the moment.

 

He knew the advantage of gaining a level but up against the mini-velociraptor, he barely stood a chance against them in a one on one. A pack is far too much for him to handle. He didn’t even know their level to be fair. Then his eyes noticed the attribute below energy.

 

E.resist? Energy resist perhaps?

 

He put a single point out of curiosity and to his surprise something was happening.

 

Jason discover the existence of Anti-Energy

 

 

A random Anti-Energy ability will be given

 

Jason has learned Energy Guard

 

Jason fell speechless. It lasted for a whole minute before he realized something.

 

Damn it. You dumb piece of shit.

 

Grabbing his hair, he was frustrated beyond the normal limit. A second later, he started banging his head on the desk while mumbling.

 

“Stupid, stupid, stupid-”

 

He knew his careless stupid mistake. If he had been a slight sooner, he would have gained a tremendous amount of benefit equal to when he first put a point in energy. A full day had passed and there would definitely be someone else out there who had the luck to kill one of these monsters and gained points to distribute to E.Resist.

 

Jason knew the advantages of choosing his own ability and gaining one by random was definitely rely upon luck.

 

Argh!

 

He was screaming inside his head. Agonizing about the fact to miss such an opportunity. A while later, he was staring at the ceiling in a daze. His eyes were blank as he stared at the blue window.

 

Jason Park

Job : None

Level 5

EP : 6/12

E.Guard : 30/30

Strength : 8

Agility : 26

Dexterity : 5

Stamina : 4

Energy : 4

E.Resist : 1

Points : 6

Unique Trait : Rapid Growth

Skills : Basic Swordsmanship Lv.9, Minor Heal+ Lv.3, Energy Guard Lv.1

 

A new attribute appeared.

 

Hmm, from the look of it, perhaps its similar to health points? But how do I activate this?

 

A whole bunch of questions for this new ability of his but before he could figure it out, a voice called out to him.

 

“Why are you glowing?”

 

Jason glanced to the side and saw a woman. Young probably in her early twenty. She was the one who was nearest to the door. Jason had an inkling that she might be the one who had opened the door. From her appearance alone with the office clothing and the name tag around her neck, she definitely one of the workers here.

 

“Glowing?” Jason realized what she had said.

 

He raised both of his arms and saw a fine thin light covering his whole body. It’s barely visible, close to a pale yellow light.

 

Passive perhaps?

 

Before he could dive even deeper the woman came closer as she said something.

 

“Can you please take me with you?”

 

Jason looked at her and saw the desperation behind her eyes. Having her along would only mean unnecessary baggage. He knew about that fact and as he was about to answer her.

 

BANG.

 

“Eek,” the woman jumped in surprise by the loud bang at the door.

 

Jason kept his eyes on the door. Soon the door kept on being bang by a powerful force. The woman was quick to move behind Jason. The people in the small room peek out from the small gap of the door. But Matt came out from the room as he stood there staring at the door. Then the banging stop. Matt glanced at Jason.

 

“What was that?”

 

Jason glanced back at him with daggers in his eyes. He signaled to Matt to shut his mouth with a finger on his lips. But it was too late.

 

“Aupp…”

 

“Aupp…”

 

A familiar sound ringing inside Jason’s eardrum. A sound that was calling for reinforcement.

 

Shit. They found me.

 

94