Chapter 15
5.1k 12 112
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dread filled the eyes of Jason. He saw a creature dragging Gina’s body with its long narrow beak. In the corner of his eyes, he saw a black object targeting the creature.

 

“Stop, you’ll hit Gina if you miss,” shouted Jason.

 

Maria held her Glock 17 but still not budging away. Gritting her teeth, she asked him.

 

“Then what are we-” before she could even finish her words, Jason was running towards Gina.

 

“Jason, stop,” Maria was too late to stop him. She ran following his back. She couldn't let him die.

 

With his speed, Jason reached Gina in a few seconds. A remarkable feat only those Olympic athletes could reach. Those four points in agility really made a difference. The grip on the katana’s hilt tightened. From instinct alone, he knew the creature was within his range. The creature noticed the appearance of this human a bit too late as something came at it.

 

He drew his katana and the katana blade tore through the air as it met with the neck of the creature. Yet no blood was shed.

 

Clang...

 

Only the sound of something broken. Jason’s eyes quivered seeing a metal blade flying past him as it was inches away from his head and the feeling of relief wasn’t what he felt. His only weapon had broken into two.

 

Kawww

 

The creature let out a shriek loud enough to reached the entire hall. Its sound was rather hoarse, affected by the ambush on its neck.

 

Jason stood there frozen in place. He knew he wasn’t a match against this creature. The goblin looks like an ant when compared to this creature. He felt goosebumps all over his body seeing this creature up close. This creature was identical to the fossil of the ancient. A pterodactyl except there was something different about it.

 

It had six eyes as compared to two. Its scales were dark ebony, a perfect color for a nocturnal predator that roamed the skies. Standing at five feet nine, it’s a menace that should never be confronted.

 

Those six eyes glared at the one who had attacked it. Disturbing its moment of retrieving its food. The ebony pterodactyl spread out its wing attempting to show dominance against Jason.

 

“Get down,” Maria shouted.

 

BANG...

 

Her gun roared as shots were fired. But it was useless. Jason saw it first hand, the bullets didn’t do anything against those tough scales of the ebony pterodactyl. Only the sound of metal clashing together was heard as those bullets dropped on the floor.

 

“What are you standing around for, run!” Maria grew desperate as she herself knew her gun was useless.

 

She shot again and again at the ebony pterodactyl hoping to give enough time for Jason to run. But. He just stood there staring at the ebony pterodactyl.

 

Kawww

 

Maria gained the attention of the ebony pterodactyl, annoying it with her relentless bullets. Those six eyes turned away to another target leaving the sight of the frozen Jason. Yet a second was all it took.

 

“Jason,” Maria shouted as her heart pounded faster than ever as she saw Jason doing the most foolish thing.

 

He ran towards the ebony pterodactyl and stabbed it with his broken katana right at the eye.

 

Kawww

 

The ebony pterodactyl shrieked out of pain. Blood flowed from one of its eye socket shocking the creature. Jason didn’t let go as he locked the ebony pterodactyl’s neck with his other arm. The fearless man had no intention of letting go. The avian creature flapped its wings as it had no intention of letting itself kill by a wingless mammal. Its beak rattled from side to side flinging the human around like a rag doll. But Jason didn’t let go as he held on with all his strength.

 

“Jason,” Maria was dead worried and her eyes were quivering. She couldn’t help in any sort of way since her gun proved to be useless.

 

“Oppa,” Eugene cried out as she saw from afar Jason being lifted up in the air.

 

The ebony pterodactyl tried countless times to bite Jason with its beak but to no avail, it didn’t work. Jason clung at a strategic point just below its head leaving the ebony pterodactyl unable to use its beak to its fullest potential. Yet being pummeled by the beak was hurting Jason tremendously.

 

With a yell, he responded by wriggling the hilt of the katana making a mess of the inside of the ebony pterodactyl’s head. He put every strength he had and stabbed deeper into its head. The ebony pterodactyl was flying, reaching up the high ceiling while swaying in the air. People around the hall were gasping as they couldn’t believe what they were seeing. A man fighting with his life against an ebony pterodactyl.

 

It was about to fall but regained flight in mid-air. Jason felt the gravity and inertia rocking his entire body as he swayed in the air clinging on to the neck of the ebony pterodactyl. He was like a thorn in the ebony pterodactyl’s flesh. His head felt woozy, but he snapped out of it and tightened his lock at the ebony pterodactyl’s neck. Then the ebony pterodactyl did the unexpected.

 

“Oh no,” Maria held her hand over her mouth as she saw the ebony pterodactyl taking its flight to the outside sky.

 

Shit.

 

Jason too knew about it as he noticed his back was against the open night sky.

 

He had to let go or else, it would only spell his death.

 

But he couldn't, it wasn't the time to give up. He had something else in mind while hanging on to the creature’s neck. He would live if he let go but a far better plan was inside his head.

 

“Jason! Let go!” a desperate shout from Maria’s lips.

 

The lock on the ebony pterodactyl’s neck loosens as Jason did the unthinkable. His other arm let go yet he didn’t fall, he grabbed the hilt of the katana with both of his hands. In an instant, his entire weight hung from the point of the stab wound. The sudden shift in weight caught the ebony pterodactyl off guard.

 

Its wings were helpless as it couldn’t balance in the air and a few seconds later, it fell as it was dragged by the weight of a mere human. They crashed on the buffet table which miraculously was still intact. Plates and buffet foods were thrown on the ground by the impact of the fall.

 

People scattered away from the crash site, afraid by the ebony pterodactyl presence. Who knows if it still lives. Yet one brave woman approached the crash site with the Glock 17 in her hand.

 

“Jason?” she called out to the man who injured this ebony pterodactyl.

 

But something else responded.

 

Kawww

 

A faint growl coming from the ebony pterodactyl as it raised its head in a groggy manner. The people who were still inside the hall ran out fearing the rage of the ebony pterodactyl. Maria was alarmed by the sudden movement and aimed her gun at the still living avian creature. The katana was still embedded in its eye socket with the owner not seen.

 

Her eyes darted around hoping to find Jason’s body. But the creature’s action was disrupting her focus as it tried to raise its body off from the floor. Should I run? Thought Maria, as she saw it was hopeless to go against this creature. But her heart wouldn’t give in. She couldn’t just run not after seeing him again. Even after he dumped her, she still couldn’t throw off this feeling.

 

“Maria,” a voice called out to her.

 

It made her heart shook hearing his voice. Her eyes glanced at the source of the voice and saw a man standing up just below one of the wings of the ebony pterodactyl.

 

His breath was ragged and he was pretty beaten up. He dragged his feet out from under the wing. He held his hand reaching out to Maria.

 

“The gun,” he said.

 

Two words and she knew what he meant. Maria didn’t hesitate and threw her gun at Jason. Not in a million years would she ever lent her gun to someone else, even to her partner. But for this man it was different. Putting every ounce of his strength on his two-leg, Jason moved.

 

He caught the gun in his hand and leaped towards the ebony pterodactyl’s head. His other free hand grabbed on to the hilt of the katana and his weight was enough to bring down the weaken ebony pterodactyl’s head to the floor.

 

Jason removed the katana and blood spurted out like a fountain. Yet the avian creature still didn’t die. It was still moving, trying to get up. Sadly for it, there was a man wanting its death. The sole of Jason’s shoe stomped down on the ebony pterodactyl’s head to the floor impeding it from getting its head up.

 

Jason lodged the gun nozzle at the open wound over its bloody eye socket. With a pair of cold-looking eyes, he said.

 

“Die.”

 

The trigger was pulled and shots were fired. The ebony pterodactyl wriggled its entire body but soon it went limp turning lifeless into a corpse. Jason removed the gun from the ebony pterodactyl’s head as the smell of gun powder lingered in the air. He didn’t move from where he stood, standing there waiting for something. Then it appeared the blue windows. Making the end of his lips curving upwards.

 

Jason’s level increased to level 3

 

But he wasn’t alone.

 

“Ahh,” a scream from a woman.

 

Jason turned his head and saw Maria falling on the floor with a surprised look on her face.

 

 

 

 

112