Chapter 14: Losing Battle
243 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another morning had arrived, and the caravan of adventurers, knights, and the two princesses traveled through the dirt road surrounded by the great forest. As everyone expected, the frequency of attacking groups of monsters drastically increased. This time, they became more fierce and well organized.

Different kinds of monsters, like ogres, orcs, wolves, and even dwarf golems, were working together to attack the caravan, which should be impossible because they were known as opposing forces of the forest.

Wave after wave, more monsters were coming—to the point that it became overwhelming, completely exhausting the warriors before even noon.

Vahili waved her golden sword, killing the monsters approaching her. And every time a monster managed to pass through Vahili's sword and shield, Hyuna would create a blue barrier to protect her.

"This is not good. The waves of monsters keep coming—this is not a normal phenomenon. Someone is behind this," Vahili said, raising her sword to defend herself from the wooden club coming from the orc in front of her.

"They are circling in every direction," Hyuna said, feeling the movement of the monsters passing through her barrier.

Vahili clicked her tongue, the toughness of a warrior princess visible in her face. "All units, let's gather together; put all the backliners in the middle. Don't let the monsters reach them!" She screamed her command.

Immediately, all the knights and adventurers began to form a defensive formation. In the corner of Vahili's eyes, she saw Killian in the crowd, healing those wounded—a complete side character who many of the people and monsters didn't even bother to look at. He was unnoticeable, blending in with his surroundings very well; he was almost invisible.

"Class B monsters incoming!" Hyuna screamed as she felt the presence of an incoming wave.

All the attention was taken as a loud roar echoed through the forest. Five slithering giants came up from the forest, revealing massive silhouettes. What was revealed were giant snakes with scales that let light pass through their bodies, making them almost invisible.

Their massive fangs showed, bringing fear to anyone who saw them. Their red eyes wandered at the formation of the warriors, looking for their next meal—one of the titans of the forest—the Crystal Ahaz.

"What is happening? This is my first time seeing a Class B monster, and I am fighting five of them!" Screamed one of the adventurers.

"Don't falter; Crystal Ahaz feasts on their victims' fear; show it your weak will, and it will eat you whole!" Vahili screamed. "Prepare the antidote for their poison! Grade C antidote will do."

"I have them, but they're only limited, so be careful!" Killian's voice sounded from the crowd.

One of the Crystal Ahaz jumped in, and in response, Vahili stopped its massive head using her shield.

"Searing light!" Vahili screamed, and an explosion of burning light engulfed the massive snake.

However, the strong crystal scale of the Crytal Ahaz was extremely hard to bypass, allowing the giant snake to survive the supposed lethal attack—but it was enough to wear it out.

"Give way!" Hyuna commanded as she cast a spell while facing another incoming Crystal Ahaz. "Thunder Strike!"

A roaring blue thunder struck the serpentine body of the Crytal Ahaz. Due to the Crystal Ahaz's strong crystal scale, the attack was not enough to kill it, but enough to drastically weaken it for the combined forces of knights and adventurers to take care of it.

The other three Crystal Ahaz started their attacks; the three Crystal Ahaz were more powerful than the knights and adventurers, but the combined defense of forces was more than enough to withstand the Crystal Ahaz's attacks.

However, every single person in this battle knew that they would not last long any longer—another wave of monsters was coming, and all the warriors were slowly getting tired. Their sweats were dripping on the forest floor.

No one was saying it, but it was obvious that it was a losing battle—its end was coming in a matter of time.

But the revelation of power was not over yet.

Roars of monsters from the sky sounded; they were so prominent that they brought fear to those who heard them. Ten majestic flying serpentines circled around, their massive wings creating massive shadows below. They were already a dreadful sight, despite being younglings.

Hyuna shivered upon seeing the massive monsters above. "Class A monsters, Lesser Sky King Wyverns, ten of them..." Her thought interrupted when she felt entities entering her detection barrier at a high speed. "Sister, look out!"

"Piercing Light." A voice echoed from the forest, and then what followed was a fast line of light rushing to Vahili.

Vahili tried to block the attack, but it easily passed through her shield and pierced her shoulder. Then, followed by another line of light, it pierced her chest, hands, another shoulder, and legs.

Vahili immediately fell to the ground; her eyes darted to the source of the attacks. What appeared before them were two young men riding two white giant wolves. Human twins with identical faces—both had blonde long hair, wore white tuxedos, and were extremely hard to differentiate from each other.

"Burn them all," one of the twins said, and almost immediately, one of the wyverns flying in the sky descended and unleashed a fire attack on the formation of the warriors.

"Sanctuary!" Hyuna screamed and created a fortified blue barrier around their formation, blocking the attack of the wyvern and saving them from death.

"Look at that, brother; she still has a secret technique she's hiding," said the one who commanded the wyvern, smirking.

"It doesn't matter," said the other, and he aimed his index finger to Hyuna. "Piercing Light."

A line of light rushed towards Hyuna, injuring her leg and making her fall to the ground, leaving their entire force completely vulnerable.

The wyvern stopped the attack, but the battle was still far from over—it was just starting.

7