Chapter 17: Non Heroic
197 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The battle was over, and the noon sun brightly shone throughout the forest. The wind blew, making the trees dance, and the sounds of nearby animals sounded—the chirping of birds, the howling of wolves, and the rustling of fleeing monsters.

The forces of the knights and adventurers remained unmoved while their enlarged eyes were focused on Zero, standing a few distances away from them. All of them could not believe that he was actually in this place, right in front of them.

Zero, on the other hand, aimed his hand at the monsters feasting on Jude's corpse. "Decimate."

A massive line of red light appeared from his index finger, destroying anything on its path and making a long line of destruction in front of him.

Upon seeing Zero whimsically using a powerful magic attack just to get rid of what was left of Jude, they were brought into fear. Zero was known as a dangerous man who would do terrifying things, taking lives just because he felt like doing so.

[Eyes Of Insatiable Greed.]

The ability to copy people and monsters' physical and magical abilities—mastering them immediately as if Zero trained for a long time. The only requirement for him to copy their abilities was for him to see the target in person.

It was a double-edged sword because the power of the abilities was based on the imitator's mana and physical capabilities. But in the hands of a powerful imitator—Zero was already strong because of his innate attributes—it resulted in the copied abilities becoming far stronger than the original.

Vahili, seeing the destruction Zero had done, could only stare. "That's the power of the legendary mage who fought side by side with the hero fifty years ago." Her eyes filled with admiration as she tried to stand up, using her sword as a support.

Hyuna walked forward; even though she was limping due to her injuries, she tried to show regal formality. "Greetings, Lord Zero. I am Hyuna Satirica, the first princess of the kingdom of Satirica. You have my heartfelt thanks for saving us from the dangerous battle."

Zero looked at Hyuna, his eyes showing no emotion but killing intent and directed cruelty. "Good. Now, it's time to extract some information," he said and walked towards Hyuna, his approach showing aggression.

"Lord Zero?" Hyuna asked with confusion, her eyes shivering.

Immediately, Vahili jumped between them while raising her sword, vigilance in her face. "Sister, he didn't come here to save us."

Almost immediately, the entire army raised their weapons; they were already tired but still would fight.

Zero stopped, scoffed first, and then a maniacal laughter escaped from his mask. His eyes wandered around the forces around him. "You all are just making this far longer than it should." His eyes darted to the captain of the knights. "Do you really want to do this?"

The fear in the eyes of the captain of the knights was visible; he was shaking and so was his sword. But he remained determined. "Even if it costs my life."

"Then, let's make it quick," Zero said, raising his hands.

"Protect the princesses!" The captain of the knights screamed, and the army surrounding Zero rushed towards him.

Their marching sounds echoed in the forest under the noon sun. But it was immediately halted.

"Push," Zero said, and all at once, all the adventurers and knights rushing towards him tumbled to the ground.

The knights and adventurers tried to stand up, but a powerful force was keeping them. They could not even manage to raise their faces. They were easily defeated without a chance to do anything.

"Vanquishing Slash!" Vahili screamed as she jumped towards Zero, her sword starting to emit a powerful light.

Zero jumped towards Vahili, and with a swift move, he kicked her in the stomach, canceling her magic attack and making her fall to the ground.

"Princess Vahili!" The captain of the knights screamed, but he could not even get up to help.

Zero landed on the ground, his masked face darting to Vahili, who was trying to stand up again. "Push."

Vahili was shoved on the ground. And Zero started to walk to Hyuna, who was completely vulnerable.

"Searing Light!" Vahili screamed, and an explosion occurred, crumbling the ground around her. As Vahili finally freed herself, she rushed towards Zero, waving her sword. "Zero!"

Zero tilted his head. "Interesting," he said, and he aimed his hand towards Vahili. "Sanctuary."

Vahili didn't manage to get close to Zero; she was imprisoned in a circular blue barrier. She tried to slash the barrier with her sword, but her attacks were just being absorbed. Vahili could only scream inside.

Zero turned his back to Vahili and faced Hyuna. "Now, we can talk without anyone disturbing us, princess."

Hyuna created a blue barrier around her. "Sanctuary."

"Penetration," Zero said, easily inserting his hand inside the barrier. "Wind Blast."

An explosion of wind strong enough to tumble Hyuna occurred, canceling the barrier she cast. As Hyuna was lying on the ground, Zero squatted before her.

"You were sent here for me. Someone figured out that I am here; who is it? Who sent you?" Zero asked with superiority in his voice.

Hyuna didn't reply; she clenched her fists, bit her lips, and looked down. Hyuna knew that if Zero found out who it was, there was a chance that Zero would go for that person.

"Not the cooperative type, huh? Don't worry, I won't torture you. I have no patience for that." Zero aimed his hand at Vahili. "Corrosion Ball."

A massive black ball with malevolent energy emerged from Zero's hand. With one flick of the finger, it would fly towards Vahili and easily kill her.

"Vahili!" Hyuna screamed and immediately darted her eyes to Zero. "I'll talk!"

A sadistic laughter came out of Zero's mask. "Who?"

Hyuna contemplated for a few seconds. She had no choice; she knew what Zero was capable of, and challenging his rage was something she would not even dare to do. "The current right hand of the king."

The massive black ball disappeared. Zero stood up and stared in the direction of the kingdom of Satirica. "Mikaela," he said as he nodded.

Zero started to walk away, and a pair of wings resembling bat wings emerged from his back. Without saying a word, he surged to the sky at such speed that it was impossible to follow with his eyes. His direction of flight was the location of the kingdom of Satirica.

As Zero disappeared, all the magic effects immobilizing the army were gone, allowing them to move and process the fear they had just experienced in the hands of the most dangerous person they ever met.

7