Chapter 20: Legacy
149 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Killian easily adapted to life in the capital of Satirica, spending his days doing adventurer quests, most of which didn't involve fighting—harvesting flowers or vegetables and fruits, milking cows, collecting insects, working on mines, and sometimes helping in the market.

Living his days without gaining any attention at all, in a span of a week, he already established himself in the guild as one of the weakest adventurers—especially because he was a healer. Everything was happening according to his plan. He was like a background character, passing by without anyone who was interested in power even bothering to look at him.

"The ten Isidia beetles needed for my quest. As required, all of their horns are completely unscathed," Killian said as he put a brown sack on the table of the guild hall clerk.

The clerk immediately took the sack. The background of the people talking inside the guildhall could be heard; they were doing their own business.

"Yes. All the beetles passed the required state," the clerk said, putting the rewards on the table. "Thank you for your service," she said while smiling at Killian.

Killian nodded and took the gold. "Anyway, Miss Catherine is not here, huh?"

The clerk nodded. "It's her day off today. Do you need anything from her?"

"We talked about the procedure for getting access to the dungeon," Killian said.

"Ah, right. Yes, you can get that. I just remember that even class D adventurers are allowed inside. I don't recommend you going to the dungeon without a proper party, though," the clerk said while chuckling.

"I just want to get access to the dungeon to collect Vyx Crystals. I heard those quests pay a lot, and I don't need to fight anything. All I need is to go to the cleared sections and dig," Killian said.

The clerk put her hand on her chin. "You are right, that's quite clever. Those quests have too low rewards for the Class C and higher adventurers to get interested in, but for you, a Class D, that would be very profitable."

"Yes. Higher rewards without a need for fighting," Killian replied.

Killian walked towards the exit of the guildhall; on the other hand, the clerk just followed him, watching his back.

"Quite handsome, lad," she commented before continuing her job.

After that, Killian decided to take the rest and spend his time wandering in the market, which he hadn't done yet because he was occupied. He looked around the tent in the marketplace, looking for anything he could get.

Killian brought new sets of clothes, changing his town boy attire into that of an average city capital citizen. He came out of one of the boutiques wearing another set of clothes; he was now wearing a white tunic long-sleeve shirt with a brown blazer, paired with black pants and brown leather boots.

These were common attires for adventurers, which made him look more average—too bad, his face was so easily tend to stand out that he was still getting gazes from the women who he passed by.

"Welcome home, master," greeted one of the maids wearing waitresses as Killian entered one of the restaurants.

Two more maids bowed their heads at him. "We have been waiting for you, master," they said.

"Thank you, and you are all as cute as always," Killian said, smiling at the maids, who immediately got their faces flustered by his gentlemanly gesture.

Of course, Killian didn't know these maids, and they were not actually waiting for him. These were parts of the gimmick of this kind of restaurant.

Maid Cafes—one of the legacies the hero, Hikari Tanaka, left behind. It was a kind of restaurant in her world, and she shared it with the world of Zecs, and it was now one of the most popular kinds of restaurants in any capital in this world.

As the name suggested, cute maids were the ones serving the visitors; they guided Killian to his cute pink table that looked like a cat. They handed him the sky blue menu card. Many of the maids were humans, but they were also beastkin girls, which made them very popular.

On top of that, every girl had different stereotypes they were playing as, which gives it a more interesting atmosphere.

Killian ordered his omurice and was immediately served with a twist.

"Moe moe kyun!" The wolf girl said with a cute tone and pose, while her heart-shaped hands were aiming at the omurice.

Killian watched it happen with a sly smile on his face. He began to eat with a nostalgic smile on his face.

"I still remember when Hikari did that Moe Moe Kyun thing in my food for the first time back then," Killian said to himself. "I can still remember her embarrassed face."

Killian wandered his eyes throughout the place, his eyes showing memories of the past—memories fifty years ago. The happiest days Killian had.

"If this is the kind of restaurant in that place, it makes me wonder, what kind of place is Japan?" Killian said, and a bitter smile showed in his face, remembering the last time he saw the hero. "Where Hikari came from."

A cat girl maid with black hair crossed her arms and looked down at Killian. "I noticed that you haven't touched your food yet; is there a problem? But not because I care; I just happened to pass by."

"No, there's no problem. But now that a cute maid like you is here, can I ask for your cute flying kiss on my iced tea? I think more cute power will make my drink taste greater," Killian said with a gentle smile.

The maid was left flustered; she didn't expect him to actually play with the role. Normally, people would just act normally or ignore the roleplay at all. "Fine, but only because you insisted," she said, and she gave a flying kiss towards the iced tea.

Killian clapped with excitement and a big smile on his face. On the other hand, the cat girl watched his enthusiasm.

"Uhm... Ah, what's your name, Young Master?" The cat girl looked away. "Not that I am interested in knowing. I just want to list the people I need to keep an eye on."

"Killian, and you are?" Killian said, but immediately waved his hand. "Not that you need to answer."

"Ilya," Ilya said, hiding her red face by looking away. "I need to go now; I don't like people to think that I am staying at your table for long because I am interested in you."

Ilya walked away, and Killian just watched her with an interested smile, his mouth enjoying his omurice. "She's cute."

4