Chapter 13 – Deku and Dynamight
104 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you want to read up to 20 chapters ahead, go to:

https://www.patreon.com/proxymus

----------------------------------------------------

Given the distressing situation, the heroes were working as best they could to contain the damage, evacuate the risk areas and save people, but the disaster area was too big for them to help everyone.

What's more, with every move the Red Dragon made, the situation got worse. 

The best way to resolve this situation seemed to be to knock the creature out, to leave it unconscious somehow, and this didn't seem to be an easy job for the heroes, as even the strongest explosion Dynamight could launch wasn't enough to scratch the monster.

Dynamight, sweating and breathing hard, landed on top of a building and gazed at the Red Dragon moving away.

Hawks then landed next to him. "Take this, I'm not even going to risk using it, because your attempt didn't even bother you." Hawks handed back Dynamight's gauntlet. "We need a better plan than just hitting hard. We can't go on like this. He's too tough."

"I've never seen anything like it. He's even tougher than the remaining Nomus from All for one." Dynamight replied.

Just then, Froppy appeared, opening the door to the terrace of the building they were on. "Ah! Gero– you're here!"

"Froppy?" Hawks turned back. 

"Any news on where that bastard Deku is? Why hasn't he arrived yet?" Dynamight asked immediately.

"He's on his way from Nagoya, Gero- so it might take him a while to arrive." Froppy said.

"Shit! Then we can't afford to wait for him, otherwise the whole of Hadano will have been destroyed by then and that monster could still go to Tokyo after here!" protested Dynamight. 

"If that dragon goes to Tokyo, the whole of Japan will collapse." Hawks put a hand on one of its wings and pulled out a red feather, as sharp as a sword. "We need to stop him!"

"And if instead of stopping it, Gero–... We direct it towards the sea? The sea isn't far away and there we could try to take him out in various other ways, along with the defense ships."

"No way." Dynamight replied, taking a deep breath now to keep calm. "Between Hadano and the sea there are still the cities of Nakai and Nonomiya. It would be too much damage, too many lives. We have to finish him off here and now."

Hawks nodded in agreement. He twirled the sharp quill between his fingers. "We need to be more cunning, do something that catches him off guard."

Froppy, with his serene gaze, suggested: "What if we try to weaken him? It might be difficult, but if we can find a weakness..."

Hawks frowned thoughtfully. "A weakness? He must have one, doesn't he? No villain is invulnerable."

However, Dynamight wasn't so rational as to discuss ideas for so long and it was all getting on his nerves. Although he was restraining himself, a vein was already popping out of his forehead and the anger was clear as day on his face. 

"WHEN YOU DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT TO DO, YOU TALK TO ME, I'M GOING TO HOLD THAT SHIT UP UNTIL THE REINFORCEMENTS FROM TOKYO ARRIVE!" He shouted, already heading for the edge of the building's terrace once again, to propel himself towards the Dragon. "WHERE'S TOKOYAMI WHEN WE NEED HIM?!"

At that moment, a rumble echoed through the clouds and this sound began to fill the air. All eyes turned to the horizon opposite the Red Dragon, where a shadow was fast approaching on the clouds, with an intensely green glow. There was no doubt about it, it was Deku, flying at high speed like a bullet. 

As far as I know, in the past Deku didn't know how to fly, he just hung between buildings, but after he learned to float and use super strength at the same time, he learned to move even faster than an airplane.

"FINALLY!" Dynamight shouted, with a glimmer of hope appearing in his eyes.

Deku landed hard beside the group, looking at the Red Dragon with determination. "What's the situation here?"

Hawks was surprised for a moment, after all Deku was expected to take some time to arrive, but he quickly explained the situation, highlighting the creature's sudden appearance and unwavering resistance. 

Deku listened attentively, his green eyes analyzing every detail of the Red Dragon as he watched impatiently.

"So, what was your plan?" Deku asked, ready to act.

Froppy, in his calm voice, proposed again: "If you can't easily get past its scales, we need to weaken it."

"Right. Let's try that. But how?"

Hawks looked at Deku. "It would be good if Dynamight could blast him from the inside out, but it would be risky to get into his mouth, because the dragon can release fire."

"It's like the dragons in fantasy books then..." Deku muttered. "Someone with a very powerful Quirk must be behind it and knowing these fantasy-type Quirk she can't be far away. Froppy, send out all the search units to look for suspects at the same time as they look for injured people in the wreckage. If there's someone controlling this monster, they must be close enough to observe everything."

"Right– Gero!" Froppy jumped up.

"Deku, what are we going to do?" Dynamight asked, tapping the tall green-haired man on the shoulder.

Deku thought for a moment before answering. "I have an idea, but I'll need the cooperation of both of you. Hawks, I'll need you to evacuate as many people as possible from the buildings in the creature's path. You're the only one who can do it as quickly as we need you to. Dynamight, you're going to be the focal point of our offensive. I'll jump on the monster's head and rip some of its scales off, thus creating places for you to fire your appi shots!"

Dynamight huffed impatiently, but agreed. He was more than ready to unload all his explosive wrath on the enemy. "Damn it, Deku, just let me know when the time is right! HAHAHA!"

Deku nodded and, without further ado, used his incredible strength to propel himself towards the Red Dragon. He flew at high speed and hit the Red Dragon's head with surprising force an instant later, causing it to bend slightly. The monster grumbled, but didn't care enough to stop walking through the city and causing more and more damage. 

Without further ado, Deku slipped his hands between one of the monster's scales, even wrapping it with a black whip for extra support, and began to pull. Surprisingly, even with his super strength it was difficult to pull it out and he even had to use the Fajin Quirk to release more power, and when he finally managed to pull out this scale, the dragon roared in pain.

Immediately, Deku shouted: "Now, Kacchan!" 

However, then Deku also opened his eyes and saw that what was underneath the scale was not flesh or skin, as he had expected, but a strange red smoke, which began to ooze out.

"NO, WAIT!" He tried to alert Dynamight in time to stop it, but he couldn't.

When Dynamight fired a succession of powerful, concentrated blasts in the direction of the hole Deku had opened, the red smoke filled the wound left by the scale and quickly formed another one, and since scales not only defend, but also repel the force of impacts, the full force of Dynamight's blast was directed at the nearest thing: Deku.

The number one hero was thrown away by the blast and I, watching it all from the top of a distant building, clicked my tongue and said:

"Red Dragons are practically immune to physical damage, their scales are tough and they regenerate too quickly. Their only weakness is their spirits, so not even the strongest spear or sword can stop them, only magic is effective."

10