Ch. 6 – 1 and 2’s Bizarre Adventure, Battle Occurrence Part 2
632 13 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
This has been for almost two years now, and unfortunately will continue to be for quite some time, the last chapter of this story. I have hopes of revisiting it in the future when I have the inspiration and dedication to iron out the planning document that became spaghetti of semi-conflicting plot threads somewhere along the way, but for now I will be moving on to another project that I'm almost ready to start publishing. I apologize deeply to everyone who has waited for the next chapter for all this time, moved on and forgotten about this little first try at a published work of mine, or comes and finds this in the future to be frustrated that there is no more to read. I want to keep this story public both because it was a milestone for me as coming out of my shell of half-written google docs I never showed anyone, and because I hope that eventually I will be able to come back and write it in the quality that I believe I can give, that it deserves. I hope that everyone gets to enjoy lots of great novels, and that one of those might be my future projects that I hope to endeavor on now that I'm trying to take life by the horns and make that damn lemonade!

 

It wasn't a steep slope, but the snow was deeper than it looked, and there was ice underneath. The world spun rapidly as I tumbled down the hill, the world rapidly switching what was up and what was down. I quickly lost track of which was which until I finally stopped rolling down, hitting a tree trunk. Maybe I was already slowing down, but the impact didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. Quickly, I stood up, looking around to try and figure out - ah, there it is. It's... Moving really weird, though, now that I'm watching it. Instead of walking with those short, fat legs, it almost drags itself with those monstrous arms.

 

It isn't, well, it doesn't look slow, but because there was so much space between us now I took the opportunity to breathe, to take in everything. Slipping down the hill put me closer to 1, but I still didn't think I could do much there. Actually, intervening might mess with an elaborate plan 1 has? Now, I'm really doubting if I should go and help her. But, I'll just have to cross that bridge when I get there.

 

The giant thing, maybe it's dumber than me? It slipped even after just watching me to the same. It was really funny, watching its body slip and fall even as its arms cut through the ground to hold on.

 

... Isn't this a chance?

 

I ended up running forward even before I thought too, my speed showing its worth as I caught the thing while it was still down, clawing my way up its rough hide before it could push itself up. My jaws opened, I lunged for the throat, tearing off a chunk of flesh from the thing's neck. Again, I spat it out... Seriously, this thing, it's disgusting. No way we're eating it. Has it never bathed itself?

 

Ah, there's not much blood?

 

Again, my body moved before I knew what was going on. The thing scraped its face with the claws aimed at me, and once again I ran forward to bite. Again, and again. This thing, isn't it unnecessarily tough? My sister's in danger facing two of you, you know? Shouldn't you just die already?

 

... Finally. I felt my body stiffen and start to shift uncomfortably after the thing died after so long. I must have managed to bite deep enough, even though the wound kept disappearing after long enough. This felt a little bit different to the normal level up... Is it supposed to be the evolution that Master was expecting?

 

But, it cut off short. The changes I felt were still present, my body felt a little different in a lot of ways, but it definitely felt like something was missing. As to what, I had no clue. But, I definitely felt faster, and my jaw and claws were larger. Most importantly, though, one of those things were down, and that was much better than the situation we were in before. I looked over to where 1 was, to see a claw go through her... and nothing happened. Maybe my eyes were messed with? She was slower before, having much less stamina than me on top of having to deal with two of those things and being wounded. Well, both of us were, but I'm still not sure how badly off I was. I don't think it's the worst, since I could still walk fine and didn't feel dizzy or cold. 

 

I watched for a while, before realizing that it was taking me much to long to decide to do the obvious thing of run in and help. My mind finally caught up to everything that happened, I spurred myself forward - if 1 had a plan, it was taking way too long to work for her own safety, so it shouldn't matter if I interfered. Just like any other level up I felt a bit stronger and faster than before, but it felt like ten of those all at once. 

 

The two large creatures were way too focused on 1 to notice me... Actually, their faces look pretty scary. My body didn't follow my heart's late realization though, and I used my new strength in my legs to jump. I caught one of the creature's long arms as it was pulling it back, and while I still had the advantage of surprise I sprung forward, attacking it's throat. Once, twice, and with the third bite the giant started to tip over, and I just a moment too late of thinking to jump off fell with it. I felt the gain towards the next level, but didn't feel the improvement that signified a level up, even though it was so big... Maybe, this is what 1 has issues with.

 

I felt my back being pushed. I didn't realize, but I fell, so of course I'm laying on the ground. With 1's help I quickly got up, though we both had to quickly separate as the last remaining giant creature swung its arm down where we used to be. 1 barked at the thing, moving towards it while hiding her limp. I had no idea what she was doing, approaching it so... Ah.

 

As the thing faced towards her and tried to attack her, I quickly jumped on it, finishing this annoying surprise assault. Really, we both almost died. 

 

I just want to sleep, now...

 

It's really great that Scribble hub has a dark mode, but I wish it would do more to the editor than just make it light gray.

Next chapter (hopefully) Monday! Sorry this one's a bit shorter than normal, as previously stated it was supposed to just be a part of yesterday's release but it took too long.

14