Chapter-4 : Beating of a Lifetime
372 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Lets see how much you have improved over the last month I left you alone" Hiro said as he continued. 

"The fight starts now" 

Hiro said as his body turned into a bunch of leaves that flew into the wind.

Neji, who was recovering from his spar from Taijutsu, reactivated his Byakugan as he looked around with a Kunai in his hands.

Today's lesson - Enemy wont wait for you to recover, try to run away as the longer you drag this on, greater the advantage they have will become. Your task today is to escape from this ground without being injured too much.

Hiro's voice came from all 4 directions as Neji was confused as he couldn't sense where Hiro was, despite being a sensor ninja himself.

Suddenly, despite it being the height of the noon as Sun hung up high in the sky, dense fog started saturate the area from all sides as Hiro used his signature Jutsu.

[Water style : Smog]

It was a Jutsu Hiro created with Hidden mist Jutsu as its base adding his own elements to it as this Jutsu became a genuine nightmare for anyone to counter.

Not only it impeded ones normal sight, it also blocked Dojutsu like Sharingan and Byakugan from seeing anything in the smog. But it wasn't limited to that, depending what medium Hiro selects to cast this smog with different Debuff, from poison mists to chakra inhibitors to literal acids.

The one he just cast now was just a basic one that would just impede one's vision and sense of smell.

As Neji saw the smog pouring in, impeding his Byakugan vision, he just picked up a direction as started running as fast as he could.

"Nice thinking but wrong direction" Hiro spoke up as he intercepted Neji with a kunai tagged with a explosion tag.

Neji instantly backed up as he changed his directions, looking to escape as soon as possible.

"Once again, wrong move" Hiro fought with Neji from a distance as he launched a medium sized water dragon Jutsu towards Neji.

Neji, who sensed the impending danger of the Jutsu, started rotating like a Beyblade as he used the iconic rotation Jutsu of the Hyuga clan to repel the water dragon that clashed into the sphere menacingly.

"Doesn't matter what you do, without your Byakugan, you're nothing, not worth anything without it" Hiro provoked as he casted multiple Genjutsu's in a short frame of time

But what Neji saw and heard was different, all he saw his uncle looking at him with disdain and uttering those words instead of Hiro.

Loosing his cool, Neji lashed out with an even bigger rotation to attack the figure of his uncle.

As Neji took a deep breath after completing the rotation, Neji suddenly realized that it was an Illusion and now most of his chakra was depleted.

Hiro, who could sense everything due to his incredible sense of hearing, smiled as he looked at tired Neji who tried to run, but in his moment of clumsiness, he overlooked the ground he was walking and and walked right into the traps set by Hiro.

The bear grip trap crunched against Neji's leg as his shin bone got crushed.

*Aaargghhhh*

Neji yelled out in pain and frustration as he felt danger coming from his back.

Without getting chance to remove the heavy trap from his leg, Neji was attack by multiple incredibly fast Kunai's which sliced at his skin as blood started flowing out his wounds.

'Damn it, my mobility is hampered, i can't run away anymore, lets just try and force in into close combat' Neji thought as he lunged towards Hiro.

"So, you want to get in a close quarters fight? Too bad I'm an evil asshole whole fight without showing my face" Neji heard as a large water collision exploding wave came his way.

'Fuck' Neji cursed as he tried to dodge the Jutsu but couldn't escape in time.

Hiro continued to hurl Jutsu after Jutsu from afar as he peppered Neji with relentless attacks.

Minute after minute, Neji was getting covered by injuries from his head to toe.

"Just because you are a Taijutsu specialist doesn't mean I'll fight you Close quarters, remember this lesson, your Taijutsu is useless is your enemy can remain out of your range" Hiro finally stopped after half an hour of beating Neji ruthlessly as he lost his consciousness.

Neji's body fell on the ground with a small 'thud' 

Dispelling the Smog around, the atmosphere suddenly became a bit dull and dark as Guy silently walked up to Neji, picked his injured body from the ground, carried his body on his shoulders as he turned towards Hiro and just said in a low voice "Thank You" and left.

"Well, that was fun" Hiro said to himself as he looked at leaving Guy.

Guy had called him today as he wanted Neji to experience what fighting someone above your league feels like.

Without having that close brush with death, one could rarely have enough experience to actually become an accomplished ninja.

Knowing ones limit and not overestimating yourself were the key to survival on battlefield. 

Although it pained his heart to see him get beaten up like this, it was a necessary part, especially when instabilities in this world were increasing.

"Still, that guy is a monster, he is already Jonin level in chakra and physical strength, I was able to take advantage of his lack of experience and my technical advantage over people who heavily relied on Dojutsu to fight, otherwise it was have been much harder to beat him" Hiro said as he contemplated about talents like Neji.

And Neji wasn't even a major character, Imagine how broken Naruto would be? Able to go against Kage's at 17 and save the world at 19 fighting against the literal goddess of chakra.

Hiro didn't pay mind to depressing matters as he saw an incoming figure.

It was Lee.

"Ummm, Hiro-Sensei, have your seem Guy sensei and Neji? They were here just an hour before when I left to have lunch" Lee asked, looking around for Guy.

"Well..... lets just say I taught Neji a few things but he got a bit injured during it, Guy-san took Neji to the hospital" Hiro said with an awkward smile, he cant exactly say that he beat his teammate to an inch from his death.

"Hospital? Got that, thanks Hiro-sensei" Lee did a 90 degree bow as he left the training ground sprinting towards the Konoha general hospital.

"What a peculiar character he has...." Hiro said as he looked at leaving Neji, having nostalgia from when he used to watch anime as a kid and saw Lee's fight against Gaara for first time.

Lee was probably the only character Hiro liked when he watched the show.

And even now, he still looked at Lee with amazement, just how can someone be so positive and hardworking? It always beat him, as as such, he respected hardworking characters as Lee and Guy.

"Still, it wouldn't take time for Neji to get back to full strength, I only injured his externally avoiding any serious harm, he's only suffering from exhaustion and that broken bone from the trap" Hiro said as he thought about the Medical advancement of this world.

Injuries such as broken bones could be healed in just a few hours, external injuries like slashes, gashes and bruises taking even less time, Neji will probably be back in form in a couple days at max, would be a valuable lesson for him.

Hiro looked at the time on the watch on his wrist as he said "Its time I leave for that, the Refinement is already done and I'm already out of ingredients, it would be wasteful to wait any longer" 

Hiro picked up the traps that he had set as he left for the Hokage tower.

Inside the Hokage tower, Hiro entered into the Mission hall as he saw hundreds of common missions posted on the notice board, in front of which dozens of Genins were lined up, each taking up a few seconds to select their missions.

As he walked further into the hall, Hiro saw other notice boards for different kinds of missions, some were for caravan protection, some were long term like bodyguard roles while the ones that attracted him were the Bounty Hunting Missions.

Hiro took of an A rank bounty hunting mission and registered himself for it.

Although not an active duty Shinobi, Hiro still had an obligation to complete a B-rank mission every month to retain his Special Jonin rank and its benefits

Doing A rank would make him free from taking missions for a couple months, and for Hiro, it was a better deal as he can get more time for himself.

Hiro, after registering for the mission, leisurely walked out of the Hokage tower as he went towards the shinobi supplies store nearby to stock himself up on supplies.

Soon, he ventured out of the Konoha gates as he drew a drop of blood and molded his chakra into a summoning seal and pressed his palm against the ground.

[Summoning Jutsu]

8