Chapter 12
1 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1/09/2023 (Part 2)

“You really are something else,” Xylo said as he took the file from Kian.

Groaning, Kian rubbed his head, “When is the next briefing?”

“Once we find more evidence, with your help the scope of search was expanded, who would have suspected a woman?” He said with a smirk.

Kian knocked him on the head saying, “Don’t be a closed box, open the lid every now and again.”

Captain Smith walked up to them, looking at Kian he asked, “Can we pick your brain on another case? I’d just like to see your view on it seeing that we have walked into a wall.”

Kian nodded his head and followed the captain out. They walked into the room Xylo said had become a headache.

Looking at the officers in the room, he saw the two that came to ask him questions. Greeting the officers, he sat down. Officer Cross came over and shook his hand, “Great seeing you. I didn’t know that you studied Criminal Psychology.”

Kian slowly nodded, “The last time we met you spoke to me about the guy in a coma and the one I argued with.”

He nodded his head, “Mn, for some time we suspected you but we there’s no evidence.”

Kian stared at him speechlessly then looked at Captain Smith who was flipping through files. He picked out one then handed it to Kian saying, “This is what our profiler gave us. The assailant seems to be someone wanting to demonstrate his control over the victims and we don’t have much of a description besides from having dark hair, dark eyes and wearing a mask and all black clothes. We have nothing.”

Flipping through the pages, he learnt all the names of the people. Coming to Loralei’s page, he saw that it said she was hospitalised after the incident and asked, “How did this happen?”

Officer Cross beside him explained cautiously as everyone kept an eye on Kian, “She was walking home from work a week after the incident. She was badly beaten up and had to undergo surgery. Nothing was taken but the conversation between her and the assailant was strange.”

Kian waited for him to continue but he didn’t. Looking back at the document, he read, ‘The incident was reported by an elderly lady who was later found dead beside her.’

Tilting his head to the side, he thought about the murders and said, “Our city is awfully busy with all the killings and assaults. But isn’t it a bit too random? Did the profiler think of a motivation?”

“What do you mean?” Captain Smith asked.

“In this one's case, why was she assaulted? I heard about the fountain murder, this must be her,” he asked.

Officer Cross looked at Captain Smith who nodded then said, “Do you think it’s connected?”

“When you came to see me, you said the motivation could be that the killer hated same sex couples. But in case of the elderly woman why kill her?” He asked.

Officer Cross looked at him oddly and thought back to the conversation Loralei told him about. “We don’t think it’s the same suspect.”

Kian raised a brow, “It isn’t?” He looked back at the document mumbling, “How can it not be? Then is she just another victim?”

“He was sent to take care of her. She couldn’t remember exactly how he looks but his words as she recalled were, ‘You shouldn’t have said anything.’” Said Captain Smith.

‘Is this your way of getting me in trouble you little bastard,’ he thought. Looking back down at the documents, he went back to the page of the man who was murdered and asked, “Is this person also a homosexual?”

“No,” Officer Cross said.

Kian nodded his head slowly mumbling, “Then it was just random.”

“Why do you think so?” Captain Smith asked.

“Both men and women, assault, murder, old, young? He has no care, it’s just random. There’s nothing that can be of meaning and it can’t be that he is homophobic. If the murder’s started with the man on the roof, why did he do it? What reason does he have and the woman?” He looked at the statement continuing, “She says here that she doesn’t know him. The couple? What was he after? And going after the elderly lady? If he was sent there what was the purpose of this?”

Looking at Officer Cross he asked, “Is there anything missing?”

Captain Smith handed over the file for the elderly woman saying, “The victim of assult’s finger was cut off and the elderly woman’s throat was slit. It’s definitely two, maybe the second one is a protege of the other.”

Closing the files, Kian placed it beside him on the chair and rubbed his temples, “I see why you’ve run into a wall. That’s why I’d rather have all the evidence and try the person in court.”

Captain Smith chuckled, “That is why we need your help. Not necessarily in this case but the other. We’re being pressed by the president to solve both cases.”

Hi, so we're at the end of What If I Told You A Secret. Stay tuned for the next part of Gael and Kian's story.

1