S2 Chapter 3
3 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sternly looking at him, Kian said, “You better listen to me.”

Serenith frowned and looked at Gael. He held his arms out, but Gael shook his head. He knelt down in front of them and started feeding Serenith.

He didn’t want to hold the little bastard, and it was easier to let Kian hold him. He didn’t want to end up fighting with a child that wasn’t his.

Serenith was done with more than half of his food without fussing with Gael. He was happy that the two of them were getting along so well.

“Next week, I will be out of town. I’m going on a little business trip overseas and I will need you to look after him,” he said.

Gael glanced over at him, “Isn’t there someone else to look after him?”

Kian cupped Gael’s cheek and brought him closer. He kissed him on the lips, then said, “I don’t trust outsiders with my child. I can’t leave him with my siblings because we are one and the same and my father still isn’t happy that I fathered a child, so I can’t leave Serenith with him either.”

“So, why are you leaving him with me?” He asked.

Tilting his head to the side, he smirked, “Because you know a little too much about me?”

Gael remained silent and focussed on feeding the child.

“Oh, that’s right, from our conversation earlier, the one who harmed your friend is my brother,” he said.

Gael’s gaze snapped to him.

Before he could ask, Kian nodded his head, “Yes, I asked him to teach her a lesson about opening her mouth. You see, unlike other families, we are one and the same. We may not like one another, but we’d help each other.”

The bowl in his hands dropped, followed by the spoon. Gael looked at him horrified, “How, how could you do that?”

He smirked, “How? It’s easy.”

“Why?” Gael asked him as he dropped onto his butt.

“Papa?” Serenith called and climbed off his father. He climbed onto Gael’s lap and hugged him.

This scene was sweet in Kian’s eyes. He looked at the frightened Gael, saying, “Because I can. Did you forget?”

He hummed, saying, “And Serenith’s carrier, you asked about her, but I never answered.”

Looking at his son, he said, “I’m glad my child looks like me. If not, I would’ve abandoned him and found another. But don’t worry about that woman, she died believing a lie. She would’ve kept her life if she didn’t interfere so much, but it was in my plans to have her die out before he got to know her. You see, Gael, I never intended to find myself a life partner. It’s just not in my interests, but I needed to find someone who’d carry my offspring. If anything, I rewarded her with a peaceful death for the blessing she gave me.”

Gael moved back as he hugged Serenith, who yawned. He wanted to get as far away from this man as possible.

Staring at Gael, amused that he was trying to get away from him, he continued, “He is taking a liking to you.”

Gael frowned. Ignoring his words, he asked, “Why did you kill that man so brutally?”

Because Kian knew where he was staying, he thought they’d end up seeing each other everyday if not maybe a few times in the week. But to his surprise, Kian was a no show in reality but he paid a constant visit in his dreams.

His mother also asked him where Kian was all this time and he had run out of excuses and lies, but now this man was back and he could ask his questions to have some peace of mind.

“Why did I kill him?” He repeated. He thought back to that night and chuckled, “Because he almost hit my face with the sliding door? Honestly, he was the easiest. He came walking right into my arms. Pathetic actually, he was so drunk, but when he saw me again, he sobered up and ran around like a headless chicken. I didn’t do much to him and he died so quick. What did you think of my display? I had been looking into what flowers to plant. He made the perfect sunflower.”

Gael’s face was tired of frowning. He looked at Kian expressionlessly as he spoke.

“And, and that woman who bumped into us?” He asked.

“Mn, her?” He wondered and thought about her. “She reminded me of a Jimsonweed. Beautiful but toxic, the white dress she had on was beautiful too, so it was perfect.”

Looking at Gael, he saw that he was terrified and continued, “And you, my dear Marigold, turned into a Purple Iris over these past two years and that’s why you’ll be looking after our child.”

“So you were going to kill me, too?” He asked with a tremble in his voice.

Kian nodded his head seriously. “I was going to play around with you. Have you tied up and watch the liquid drip out of your body? You would’ve looked so beautiful, but you cared more about your boyfriend, so I left you for another day. Things would’ve turned out better for us if your friend didn’t tell the police about me.”

“Why did you send your brother after her?” He asked.

Kian raised a surprised voice. He was right to see a Purple Iris in Gael. “I’m not interested in modified flowers.”

Gael lowered his gaze. ‘A modified flower? What does he mean?’

Looking up at him, he asked, “Why did your brother kill the old lady?”

He raised a brow. “I don’t ask others why they kill. You shouldn’t make it a habit too when you meet them.”

1