Chapter 7
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

15/12/2022 (Part 3)

At the Becker household

Kian sipped on tea as he watched Mrs Becker place Gael’s flowers in a vase. She was still close to it, admiring the purple flowers. “These are truly beautiful. I should place it in his room.”

Kian’s eyes widened from behind her, ‘You’ll just end up killing your son.’ “Please don’t, they are poisonous although beautiful, it’ll be a slow death for him.”

She paused, surprised, then looked at the flower, asking herself, ‘And he just let me touch it?’

Turning to him, she said, “I guess I should wash my hands then?”

He nodded with a smile and asked, “So what does Mr Becker do for a living?”

Washing her hands, “Oh him? He has an accounting firm. He started as a chartered accountant when we first met at university and after ten years, he opened his firm. Many sought for someone who does things properly and fortunately he does and thus, we’ve come this far because of his hard work.”

Looking around the house, he said, “You don’t show it off.”

She smiled. “He’s a bit selfish. He prefers spending money on our kids’ futures rather than on us.”

He nodded. “My father is the same. He never spoiled us and he is very strict even today.”

She smiled. Sitting down beside him, she handed him a saucer with biscuits on it, asking, “And your mother?”

He shook his head. “I don’t know her. My father just wanted children, no commitments to others.”

She frowned. “He raised you and your sister by himself?”

He nodded. “There’s three of us. Me, Kiano and Kiara.”

“Kian, Kiano and Kiara. There’s a theme there,” she said.

“Mn, his name is Kia, so he just added on other letters.”

“I’d like to meet him,” she said, then looked behind them asking, “I wonder what is taking Gael.”

He smirked inwardly.

*

Climbing out of the bathtub with heavy steps. Gael dried himself off, then threw himself on the bed after picking up his phone and scrolling through it. He was exhausted, and that monster was downstairs. He didn’t have the energy to go down and face him.

‘I’m glad mom asked him to stay downstairs with her. Who knows what he would do to me,’ he thought and sighed.

He didn’t have the energy to reply to any of the messages. Placing it down, he closed his eyes and tried to sleep, but suddenly Kian appeared in his mind with the words, ‘It’s called a foxglove, or else known as Lady’s glove. It’s my favourite flower. My sister has a garden in which she plants these and marigold flowers. They have a special meaning for us and I was thinking of getting Gael a bouquet of marigold flowers but the meaning isn’t the same as a foxglove.’

His eyes snapped open. Grabbing his phone as he sat up, he typed in ‘Foxglove.’ A picture popped up with its description and he read: “Foxglove is a toxic species of flowering plant. While its vibrant, bell-shaped flowers are visually striking, the plant contains toxins that can be lethal.”

He looked around, confused. “What does he mean by giving those flowers?”

Looking down at his phone, he typed in: What does it mean when someone kills others and beats people up?

Individuals with psychopathy can exhibit a range of behaviours and motivations.

‘Psychopathy?’ He repeated in his head.

An individual who has a personality disorder characterised by enduring antisocial behaviour, diminished empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, and egotistical traits.

Thinking about what he saw so far through his interactions with Kian, he did more research.

*

Walking towards his mother and Kian, he heard Kian say, “We all have different mothers who didn’t bother looking for us even in the years after our birth, so I guess things just worked out for us but my sister still has lingering feelings. Our maternal grandmother also passed away not long after I was born, so we don’t know what it’s like to have a woman around. My sister acts like a man too—most of the time.”

Mrs Becker laughed, “I’m sure Kiara will meet a man whose mother will love her. I’d like to meet your family soon too if that won’t be a problem, but I must speak to my husband first.”

Kian chuckled, “I don’t think Gael wants to be with me, so you shouldn’t force it.”

Gael stopped behind Kian and placed his hands on his shoulders as he looked at the flowers on the table.

Kian was surprised and almost grabbed his hand and flung him over. He dropped his head back and looked up at Gael, who was now staring down at him.

“I thought you were sleeping,” Kian said.

“And I thought you left. Why are you still here?”

Kian stood up and turned to him, saying, “I was going to leave, but your mother wants me to stay. I think she sees me as her son-in-law already.”

Gael stared at him as he spoke, watching his expressions and listening to his words, especially his tone.

Kian was smiling as he spoke but it wasn’t a big smile, it was enough to show that he was friendly. The look in his eyes was the same as the night they first met—in the hallway and in the bathroom while he washed his face.

Gael looked away, nodding his head. “I want something to eat. You said you wanted to take me out for ice-cream. Go buy it.”

Kian nodded his head happily, “What flavour?”

Tilting his head to the side, Gael thought about it and said, “Choc mint.”

Kian chuckled, “Alright, I’ll go buy it.”

*

Kian returned with the ice-cream but Gael didn’t let him back in. Instead, he stood with the gate between them. Looking at the luxury ice-cream he asked, “Why did you follow me home?”

“Do you prefer me to stalk you and then enter your room without your knowledge? Perhaps you like that.”

Gael opened the gate and slammed it against Kian’s chest. Taking the ice-cream from him. “What do you want with me?”

Rubbing his right wrist that he used to stop the gate, he said, “It doesn’t matter what I want from you as long as you do what you are told.”

Gael opened the packet and took out one of the ice-creams and handed the rest to Kian. He opened it, saying, “Not reporting you? What else?”

“Just be a good boy and get rid of your unnecessary relationships. I don’t like things that get in the way of what I want.”

Biting through the chocolate coating, Gael stared at him. “I’m throwing the flowers away.”

“I don’t mind,” Kian said. “Say goodbye to your mother for me.”

“Goodbye Mr Kian Judge,” Gael said as he took the pack of ice-cream back.

Kian pulled the gate away, grabbed Gael by the neck, and pulled him closer. He leaned down and bit Gael on the side of his neck, making him cry out in pain. Making sure that it would leave a mark.

As he looked at Gael, who was fighting back his tears as he held the spot that was bitten, “And don’t worry about that boyfriend of yours. He’ll wake up soon and you better do what I told you to. I’ll see you soon.”

Gael slammed the gate in his face and glared at him as he winked. Holding the ice-cream tight, he stormed back into the house and let his tears fall.

‘That motherfucker!’

1