I have the girl
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

New York, still lively as always is clouded by a storm to come. A mansion on the outskirts of the city welcomes all vampires invited. A gathering will be hosted in Sebastian's mansions where all lords used to gather for the meetings.
Today the gathering of the High Circle was supposed to discuss the problem arising from the new great leader of the Circle. The so-called "Queen "was at the age where she was prepared to marry and also the red full moon was in a few weeks. Not often a red moon was been seen. Only at ten years.
With all the problems about stray vampires hurting humans and some killing humans, they needed a leader who would have the power to stabilize the flow of life itself.
The big hall on the first floor of the mansion was soon filled with people. The food was set on small tables or served by maids. All the vampires present are waiting for the decision that the Circle will take today.
The second floor of the mansion was parted in big rooms …and a huge office. In that office, Sebastian is sitting on his chair at the round table. He is accompanied by another ten lords and their sons, soon-to-be leaders, Ralph, Faris, and Angelo, who is sitting frowning.
"I am going outside for a bit," Angelo announces his leave and closes the door after him. Ralph smirks and nods.
"We decided that she will be wedded with her consent. But where is she now? She has to choose the future lord." A presentable man with a beard is raising his voice and smacks the table.
"Indeed. We brought our sons here. There won't be another meeting where she can choose."
Another lord is crossing his feet and says his opinion with a smirk on.
"There are just two weeks till the full moon, Lord de Fino." The man near Ralph is glancing at Sebastian.
Raising his eyebrows, Sebastian looks at the man and then shifts his sight to Faris." The girl is not mine. If only Faris would be more …. loyal. "
The meeting is silent waiting for Faris to say something." We can be stable without her for now. Ralph is doing a good job at keeping the risks low when it comes to human hunting . I need more time ."
"You promised that you would give her!" The voices are rising.
"How long are you going to keep this up? And how long are you going to shelter her?" The man is glaring at him.
The tension is in the air, and Sebastian laughs shortly." Is anyone aware that Faris will never give the girl?" With that being said all man are rising on their feet.
Sebastian is sitting silently on the chair.
"Don't hurry....Ralph de Laire ? We want your opinion, after all, your Faris' best friend and the one keeping his back safe."
Ralph is rising on his feet and looks at the men." We can wait a bit more. I will do my best with the hunting."
Sebastian claps and stands on his feet. His tall stature is above any of the leaders. With a smirk, he says, "With all these confessions, I think I know what I got to do." His red eyes are showing and with a snap, he is in front of Ralph and Faris. All of the vampires present are transforming too and follow Sebastian who is cornering the two.
Angelo enters the room but closes the door fast. Cutting his vein, he teleports.
Sebastian is sighting, he forgot about the boy. "Don't go …He is long gone." He stops a youngster from going after Angelo.
Faris and Ralph take advantage and cast some spells. The blood engulfs the group of lords but Sebastian is nonchalant. He casts a spell as he cuts his vein. The blood like a wave takes Ralph and Faris by surprise. The wave transforms into two crystals that keep the two men in the air.

Their spells were having no effect since the room was already having Sebastian's cast .They were on a black hole ground , as vampires would call it . No matter the spell cast, the one having the domain will nullify the spell .
"Who is dumb to come here without the girl and think they could escape …. sigh "Sebastian is shrinking the crystals and puts them in his pocket.
"Now that we eliminated the obstacles, let me tell you the good news. Sit down!" Sebastian is sitting on his chair and all the lords silently follow his orders.
Sebastian smirks." I have the girl. I hope that you guys won't mind my son marrying her."
The lords are paling and gulping as they know nothing can be done against this man. He was the most powerful vampire, after Dina's grandfather who sadly disappeared. Rumors circulated that Sebastian was sealing him in a crystal, but no one was brave enough to enter the tiger's den.
"Of course, we don't have anything against, Lord Sebastian. Is great that we will finally have a Great leader after so many years. Your son is a wonderful vampire." One of the men who supported Sebastian rose to his feet and spoke as if for all the lords.
Sebastian smiled satisfied and leaned in his seat as he gazed over the terrified faces of the lords.
...
Dina stands with her back leaning on the stubborn door. Her shoulder is bruised from repeated hits in the door. She has her head bowed and thoughts cross her mind.
'Will this be the end ?.....' Several hours passed since she has been stuck in front of the door. August must have found out about her disappearance.
All the run will be in vain if August catches her. She sits there and closes her eyes.
"If only Angelo would be here …" The thought shocks her partially and she shakes her head. Her cheeks are burning with embarrassment for having such an unusual thought. Did she get more emotional since meeting the boy ?....
Without thinking of anything, having the embarrassment as a source of fuel now, she grabs the handle to help herself rise, and try to open the door again.
As Dina presses the handle down, having the pressure of her back on the door, the unmovable door opens. Seems that the door was supposed to be pushed not pulled.
She rolls down the few stairs and when she looks around, the girl finds an old library.
Rising, she looks at the door.
"Silly me …. sigh …." With more embarrassment, she steps up and closes the door. She looks around to put something against it but a thought stops her.
'Vampires can teleport ..no need '
From where she is standing she sees a door at the end of the shelves with books that form like a corridor towards it. Inspecting the room as she strides towards the door at the other side of the room, she sees a badge on the left wall.
"White lily ..." Her whisper is echoing in the cave-like room that has all sorts of old books in it.
'He is the one that killed my parents …." Her heart stings, as she leaves the room. Another corridor is welcoming her. She runs remembering the situation she is in. However, the thought of Sebastian killing her parents, pesters her, making it hard to concentrate.
Dina stumbles a few times, hitting her knees. Drops of tears fall from her eyes, but she rises and moves forward.
In front of her is a door with a small window showing the light of the outside. She doesn't have the power to smile, with her sleeve she just wipes the tears that blur her vision.
'Almost there ….' Her hand opens the last door and a breeze is making her skin tingle. Her clothes are not appropriate for autumn weather. Her feet without shoes, dirty scratched from the stone floor of the corridors, step on the leaves and grass that welcomes her in the forest.
She has no clue where she is, but at least she is free.
Her smile is blooming as she runs in high spirits in the forest. As if she feels no fatigue, she runs, making the door left behind fade.
She is stopping as the woods are the only thing she sees, meaning that the mansion should be behind her.
"HAHAHAHA" Her laugh echoes in the forest. She sighs and falls to the ground wasted.
'What to do now? They can teleport …. I should run some more ….' The worry is pressing on her chest as she finds it hard to breathe. After a few more seconds she rises herself up and strolls aimlessly forward.
"I wonder how is uncle …..Ralph … and Angelo …." Her soulless voice mumbles as she thinks out loud.

0