My friend returns ?
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The room is decorated nicely even though the castle looks pretty old. Dina gets out of the bath and the window catches her attention. She rests her arms on the edge, looking at the vast forest before her eyes.
The sun is setting and the red-orange shades of light are coloring the sky. Few birds fly on the horizon. Her eyes follow the track left by the birds.
Her body is covered in a clean shirt and a long dress given by the maids. She had to give Sebastian some explanations about why her shirt was in shreds but her body was intact. "August was careful to not scratch myself when I ripped my shirt in a branch," she said to him.
The man seemed convinced of her excuse. Dina feels her heartache. August was caught …..
Her body trembles and she takes a big breath of air as she opens the window. She looks down. The stone floor around the castle seemed so far away, she felt dizzy.
"If I jump …. hahaha" Her words get out of her mouth before she realizes what she just says. Angelo made sure that she would never be able to kill herself though. The girl looks up and gulps the tears that are about to fall.
A sad giggle is cut short by the pain in her heart. She closes the window and hugs the bed on her belly. The soft blanket makes it comforting for her to bury her face in it. Her arms gather around her body as she is on her side. She looks at the wall in front of her. Tears linger on her cheeks on the bed. Her muffled sob ends with her wiping the tears from her eyes.
A knock is heard.
She breathes and rises. Her steps lead to the door. She opens the door a little just to see a face she wishes she didn't see.
August is looking at the girl. Her eyes were red from crying. He gulps and says with a low tone, "Can I come in?"
Dina steps back and August enters the room.
The sun is already vanished under the trees and the room is lightened by a chandelier August turns on.
She sits on the bed. With a quick wipe, she takes care of her runny nose. He takes a napkin and hands it to her. She takes it in silence.
The boy sits on a chair in front of her.
No one is saying anything. In the end, she opens her mouth.
"What do you want?" Her voice is raspy. Her gaze settles on the boy's body.
"How can you be like this?" His voice is low and his serious face makes Dina feel weird. He was never serious like this.
"Like what?" Her eyes meet his and he shifts his eyes as his hand goes behind his neck ruffling a rattle of his hair.
"You know …. I could have raped you. You told my father I took care of you." His eyes glance at her but he feels too ashamed to raise his head. Dina sighs deeply.
"Look, I don't think you are like this. I've known you for a few years. Is hard to see this side of you, but you are still my friend. You will always be …." Her voice gives away a sad vibe as she lets out a laugh. "I can't stop thinking that your father is the one that makes you like this. You a good guy, August."
Her eyes look at him without a once of pity. The glow in her eyes is making August unable to look away.
"You think?" The words leave his mouth rolling like a wave. He gulps when she frowns.
"You should see yourself …..I don't want to be mean but your father is a son of a bitch." The girl loses her composure and the tense air vanishes as she roasts his father in front of him.
August bursts into laughter. He knew she was blunt but he never thought that she would act natural again after what he did, or in the situation she is.
"I never thought bad of Dad. He has his reasons …. But you saying it …sounds refreshing. I would never be able to talk shit about him." August leans in his chair and glances at the girl.
Dina drops herself on the bed. Her back lying on the soft mattress. Her eyes look at the ceiling.
"What do you want from my life ….?" Her question was common for August. Every time she used that question, she was at her wit's end.
Dina feels her body lose all the energy as the silence prologue.
"…. I know your secret. "His voice is calm, not a threat felt. His hand touches lightly the nape of the neck.
Dina rises on her butt. Her frown deepens as she understands the meaning.
"What are you planning?" Her lips are bitten and her eyes are focused on the boy. August sighs and ruffles his hair again.
"Don't be stiff. I am still thinking about what I should do. "The expression he displays is honest.
Dina lets out a loud noise. He is startled.
"You are eating my energy …. just get the fuck out and don't stress me more than I already am!" Her exasperated expression makes August smile.
"I have to think more …..sorry friend. I will let you to sleep." August rises from his seat and approaches her. With a bit of hesitation, he stretches his hand to pat her. She tilts her head in a sign she is accepting the pat.
August brushes the top of her head and leaves the room in silence.
The door clacks ….
Dina lies on her back and mumbles," He has it hard too ….."
Her thoughts are sending her to the moment she met him first time: high school. She entered the classroom and no one knew her, nor did she know anyone. After a few friendships were ruined because of her bluntness, August remained her friend despite that. His protective side was always a source of comfort for her.
'Was he there for me because he wanted …or because his father put him ?.....' The thought crosses her mind like a flash.
After what happened the past few days …. she can be sure that he might have been there for her. The aggressive side of him was not the real him. Sebastian was probably the trigger.
Dian sighs and closes her eyes.
'I hope he makes the right decision ….'
Knowing that she is a vampire, makes him have an upper hand. Her bond was already made with Angelo.She was now a vampire. If Sebastian knew she was one the man might have been more defensive and he could hurt her more.
Dina punches the bad as she feels her headache from too much thinking.
Her thoughts shift to Angelo ….
'I wonder if August gave Angelo to Sebastian …..If that's the case ….is great …' Her lips rise as the headache fades a little.
Hope …. hope was what she needed to have.
With a bright smile, she starts to jump on the bed.
"HMMMMMMM" She wants to scream what was in her head ..' FUCK YES! WE WILL WIN! SEBASTIAN IN A CRYSTAL, SEBASTIAN IN A CRYSTAL …. OH YEAAAAAA!"
After the jumping, she calms down. In a hurry, she turns off the chandelier. Tomorrow is a new day …. Anew …..
Her body is covered by the blanket and her head rests on the puffy pillow. She wishes Angelo to be there with her. For now, that will be a dream …. she has to turn it into reality …

August strolls towards his room with a smile on. Out of nowhere, Sebastian appears behind him and he puts his hand on the boy's shoulder. He stiffens and stops walking.
"Keep walking …." Crawling his skin, his father's voice makes his body shutter, fear-induced.
Robotically he walks after his father who steps before him. The path leading to Sebastian's office.
Last night, he was only beaten ruthlessly and nothing else. Given that Dina's words saved his skin. But today, the psychological fear makes him succumb before entering that room. How is he going to explain the fact that he used a sound-proof blood capsule over Dina's room?
His mind freezes and he prays in silence that he can find some plausible excuses before entering the office.
His hands sweat and without thinking he picks at his nails. His lips are between his teeth and he bites a little too rough, waking him up. He snaps out of the anxiety and puts his hands in his pockets.
A trace of blood is on his lower lip, but his skin regenerates anew.
'I am a good person …. I am her friend …. I can't sell her to him …. not anymore ….'
August frowns and looks at the wide back of his father. The black suit makes him see the danger through the memories of him being beaten up. He gulps and breathes deeply.
Dina sprouting her roasting towards Sebastian, makes him smile faintly as he remembers.

0