Past hunts
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The cold air after the storm is making Anise shiver. She is in front of the gate as Ilona is prepared to leave.

"I will come as fast as possible. Please go to school and be good. You know where the coins are. "The lady is having her sword tilted on her hip, a belt on her middle, and her fight garments. The coat is giving her a cool look. Her red hair is caught in a bun as a few strands brush against he cheeks.

Anise looks and smiles. Her sister emanates a powerful aura. She opens her arms and looks at Ilona.

"Hug me!"

Ilona sighs and hugs her sister. Her head is between the voluptuous chest.

'What if boys will approach her? What if she is …' The thoughts make her frown and as Anise lets her go from her arms, Ilona steps back and musters a smile.

"I will be back soon ….." Ilona departs as Anise looks at her back vanishing behind the buildings…Her eyes are teary but she will not cry. She will wait for Ilona with a smile on her face.

Ilona's steps are heavier …. her heart is worried beyond belief and her head is thinking constantly.

She is at the edge of the village in no time and the sturdy trees of the forest welcome her. As she crosses the field, the girl enters the woods and follows a path that only she knew.

The clouds are still gathered and the wind is blowing. The rain will fall soon and will catch her if she doesn't hurry.

With fast steps, she approaches more and more the old stable. Nyx announces to her with a neigh that he knows she is coming.

Ilona opens the stable and throws her baggage and her coat.

She needs to do it. Well, she didn't do this since she went to the army 5 years ago. Her fingers untie the long curly hair that is reaching her lower back. Her fingers intertwine as she stretches it looking at the beautiful color.

Her mother had the same hair …. same length …..but she never cut her hair as long as Ilona remembers. The girl always admired her mother's curls. One time her mother told her to never cut her hair.

'I need to cut it again …..sorry Mom…..'

Ilona rises her pants up the ankle and takes the knife. She bends down and grabs her hair in a ponytail with her hand. The knife is under the hair above her hand, ready to slash the curls.

A moment of hesitation, as she withdraws her knife.

'I need to do it …. for Anise. Mom will understand ….' Ilona wanted to respect her mother's wish. But the only wish she told her, now the girl needs to cross it. The hair was remembering Ilona of her mother, if she cuts it she will not feel so close to her...in an inexplicable way ….as if the hair was the link between them.

A sharp cut is leaving the hair leaning on her hand as she holds it.

'Good ….' One step that will get her into the army is done.

As she straightens her back, she ruffles her hair a little. The long hair that is in her hand is making her think of a way to keep it. She decides to leave it in a box that is on the shelf in one of the stable's corners.

Equipping the horse and herself, she mounts the horse and leaves the village behind as she heads for the capital. Her short hair is blown back as the wind intensifies. She breathes and feels the hair play on her face.

'Everything will be fine .....'

...

Victor grits his teeth as he punches the wall. His room resounds with a deaf sound. His fist is bleeding as he hits the wall more as he imagines his father being the wall. Memories of his father doing the same shity thing of restraining him with Ilona are making his blood boil more and more.

He was angry that he couldn't find a solution. What if the king asks for something and he will not be able to do anything about it? Like now. Anise is bound to marry Albert. By the order of the king, they will marry, only if he, Victor, will make this not possible. Ilona will go nuts if she hears that and automatically, the king will be arresting her. Victor will not be able to protect the girl.

As long as Ilona is calm and doing her job …. Victor can protect her better while his father thinks he has the upper hand. Of course, Victor can go against his father but he will not be able to protect the girl as when his father is on purpose keeping the girl untouched.

Victor's hands are bloody …..his body leans towards the wall as his head rests on it. His wet hair has drops of sweat dripping on his face. His frown is vanishing as he realizes that he has a plan. He takes his fists off the wall leaving marks of blood.

'This is it …..' Now he just needs to calm down.

He crosses the splendid room. He opens the bathroom and gets in the tub. Someone is knocking on the door of his room.

"COME!" His powerful voice announces that the person can enter.

The maid opens the door and she looks around the room. Broken vases, the table is thrown, sheets are spread around the room and the bloody wall. The young maid covers her mouth and runs full speed out of the room leaving the door open.

Victor washes himself and grits his teeth as he cleans his fists. The skin is peeling off, revealing the underskin. Painful ….. His expression becomes cold as he thinks about how he shall put his plan into action. The tension is let out as he feels the cold water engulfing his body.

'Ilona will be mad but at least she will have no clue who did it …..is good."

As he feels relaxed … his room is full of voices.

He closes his eyes and lets the maids do their job.

He puts a towel around his lower half and opens the door. His room is clean. With lazy steps, he crosses the room heading to his bedroom.

His mind is at ease. In a few hours, he will leave the palace to go and get Anise.

Looking in the mirror, he examines himself. His curly hair is now straight and his clothes are clean and neat. He has the same hairstyle as his twin brother. The royal signature style is making him look like the prince he is. Poor think that he didn't seem to be too overjoyed about it. Victor lets a sigh and turns to leave.

The corridor is passed and he goes down a few levels using the marble stairs as he gets out of the castle. He was informed by a servant that the king was waiting for him in the garden.

The luxuriant plants and flowers create a unique atmosphere. Silas and his beloved wife are feeding each other the dessert that rests on the gold-blown glass table. Victor frowns. A picture that he was used to but annoyed him in a way.

How can his father be so gentle and nice to his mother but he was so evil when it came to him? Even his brother received better treatment from Silas than him.

Well, Victor knows that it was his fault that his mother almost died at birth. Silas treated him like trash but couldn't ignore him since Victor was smart. The king despised him so much for almost killing his wife as to declare that he had only one son. Just people from the castle knew the truth, that Silas has twins.

Victor was used to being treated like that but never understood why he had to stay at the castle if no one wants him. Now he knows that Silas is glad to have him as his pawn.

That's his fucked up life that was twisted when he met Ilona. Victor was glad that he lived. Her smile and hug after he healed Nyx made him feel that he was important to her and that she appreciated him from her heart. He promised himself to live for her and think that he can endure anything as long as she is safe. He felt that that's where he belonged.

"My king, …." Victor bows and straightens his posture. Silas wipes his wife's mouth with a napkin and smiles at her. He turns his head as the gaze transforms into a cold stare.

"I see you look proper now. "He smirks and stands up.

Victor is having an absent look. Silas is in front of him and pats his face.

"You have two days to bring me the girl. Don't want to make you tired …." The king sits down and retakes his feeding.

Victor feels his blood boil. Two days! Can he really rest? Just going to the village will take him one day. He will have time just to pick up Anise and return. Crazy bastard … He bows and smiles faintly to his mom that seems happy that the father offered him more time. Anyways …. his mother deserved a smile from him.

The prince turns to leave when he almost bumps into Albert.Pas

1