19
78 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 19 [Dungeon, 3. Labyrinth Design]

After about thirty days, the Dungeon Cores, nearly restored to their original size, were taken back to the cave in the other world. Finding a job for Dungeon Cores on Earth would be challenging, so bringing them back to their world seemed more appropriate. Now, discussions are underway with my kids and the participation of Grandpa Spirit Tree through Hypha's mycelium.

"So, you guys were the Dungeon Cores on the outskirts of Moro Town."

"Yes, unfortunately, we were shattered by a group claiming to be heroes..."

The Dungeon Cores speak in unison, and it's amusing to hear their voices echo even in telepathic communication.

I asked if they took the Dungeon Core as proof of subjugation, but it seems they hastily escaped when the dungeon began to collapse. They couldn't bring back evidence. Too bad for the heroes.

These so-called heroes received a prophecy not to confront the demonic oppression but to exterminate a religion advocating human supremacy and oppression of demi-humans. The church of that religion arbitrarily recognized them as heroes. They are fanatics dedicated to the annihilation of elves, beastmen, monsters—everyone who doesn't fit their human supremacist views. Disgusting.

"So, what are your plans now? I honestly can't think of what a solo Dungeon Core, detached from the dungeon, should do."

"This is our first time in this situation, and we haven't heard of anything like this before. Oh, of course, we're not dissatisfied with the current situation."

Practically speaking, can you return to being Dungeon Cores? Can you create a new dungeon and assert control over it? That's the question. What does everyone think?

"If you let us absorb things from your world into the walls of the cave or something, it might work somehow..."

"No, even though this world is bizarre, cave walls don't eat things, right?"

"I was thinking of the liquid fertilizer you provided and the water from your world..."

"Ah, I see. If we spread liquid fertilizer on the soil around the Core, would that work? Do you guys think it might work?"

"(We won't know until we try, but it might work.) ×2"

"Okay, where should we put it? Back in the original dungeon? We have two Cores now, but is it okay to use the same dungeon?"

When I asked, the Dungeon Cores hesitated for a while before answering.

"If possible, we want to take revenge on the so-called heroes who put us in this situation..."

Great, good spirit. I don't mind that kind of determination. Those heroes seem disgusting, and I'll help a bit.

...

"Basically, the hero's party consists of the hero as a swordsman, a scout, a tank, a mage, and a healer. How does the hero fight?"

"They mentioned a holy sword, but it seemed like a longsword covered with mithril or something that easily gathered magical power. The hero used magic too, but mostly, they slashed and cut with the sword."

"Hmm. In that case, the first move to stop the hero is to prevent them from swinging the sword."

"Master, what do you mean by not letting them swing the sword?"

"Huh? If it's narrow, they can't swing the sword, right?"

"(Huh?) ×8"

...

"In other words, in a narrow passage where only one person can pass, and moreover, it twists and turns, making visibility poor and footing unstable. In that situation, even the so-called holy sword wouldn't swing freely, right?"

"But Crow-sama, in a small dungeon, it becomes difficult to attract large and powerful monsters."

"No, size doesn't always mean strength. Look at my kids. They're small but strong. Besides, even if we try to attract monsters now, how long will it take? Maybe the hero is getting old and considering retirement, huh?"

"It might not take that long... Well then, can we count on the cooperation of your followers?"

"Sure, but wouldn't that be boring for you guys? Revenge is something you should do on your own. Well, leave it to me. I've had a few ideas since way back."

"Speaking of which... what were you thinking about in the other world?"

"It's nothing. Dungeon stories are a staple in light novels. Also, since we're at it, I'll leave each of you in charge of a different dungeon. Let's build dungeons on the east and west of the original dungeon. With the skill 'Broken Dungeon,' cave creation is a piece of cake."

"Crow-sama, can you place me in the dungeon closer to the human town? I want to confront the hero as soon as possible."

"Alright. Is that okay for the other one too?"

"Yes, I'd like to leave it to my brother."

"Huh? Did you become a brother just now? Now, considering the future, it's inconvenient without names. Let's call the elder one Romulus and the younger one Remus."

"(Thank you, Crow-sama.) ×2"

...

Thus, we began constructing the new dungeons. Following Hypha's suggestion, sprinkling Earth-made liquid fertilizer and other items on the walls of the newly created cave expedited the dungeon transformation. With Slay and Win capable of earth magic, excavation posed no problem. Although Hypha can use earth magic, extending mycelium to this extent is tough, so she doesn't participate in dungeon construction.

While advancing with dungeon construction, strengthening Romulus and Remus, who would become the new Dungeon Cores, became urgent. After all, the dungeon's strength depends significantly on the abilities of the Dungeon Cores. Especially in this case, with a low number of dungeon monsters, strengthening the Dungeon Cores is a must.

With everyone's wisdom, power, and courage combined, a new dungeon was born.

...

A few days after the two new dungeons opened, an adventurer guided by nearby villagers arrived at Romulus's dungeon. Unfortunately, it wasn't the long-awaited hero, but it was a good test for Romulus. The villagers waiting outside had the task of informing the village about the dungeon after returning alive. The adventurer, on the other hand, had a different role—dispose of them quickly inside the dungeon to avoid suspicion. After repeating this process a few times, adventurers suddenly stopped coming.

Villagers also visited Remus's dungeon, but they only observed and left without entering after watching the surroundings.

During this time, a hero finally arrived at Romulus's dungeon.

5