Chapter 10
63 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ibro inspected his profile with focus. In his past life his class was an armored warrior, and it differed totally from his current career. The armored warrior depended on the mix between defense and attack using the sword in addition to fighting directly with the target. He was like a tank plus swordsman. While his current job as a dark magician depended on the use of spells attack from a distance. Magicians were known for their weak defense and he couldn’t fight with any monster or player face to face. But magician and especially dark ones were like killing machines in big wars. The basis of each class was radically different from the other. Although his memories were filled with countless information about dark magicians, but being aware of something and experiencing the stuff yourself was something completely different. He began to think about the characteristics of his current class. The information on his profile was common information for all players, whether their names, class names, and other information related to each player and changed according to his development in the game. HP points were what determine the player’s life. When the value becomes zero, the player’s character died in the game. He had to resurrect again in the resurrecting point at village center or city hall that each player chose according to his playing area. If the player died he would lose a level plus all that level attributes. Dying once made you weaker. Dying once made you step back many steps. HP value depended on Vitality value. MANA was considered the primary source for magicians as his current class: dark magician. Any skill he would use in Rioneed used certain amount of his MANA. The more MANA he had, the more skills he can use. MANA depended on Intelligence, so the old saying: “Intelligence was a hard currency for any magician “was a wise saying indeed. As for Attack and Magical Attack, they determined the value of player skill impact to the target. The two attack values ​​were dependent on the points in the Strength and Intelligence of the player's attributes respectively. They determined the strength of the player. so when the player distributed the points he acquired when he promoted to a higher level, which was known as free attribute points, he must be think carefully and not to distribute the attribute points without care. He should study the player class and know the strengths and weaknesses of his class. In the past, there were a large number of theories determining the percentage distribution of attribute points for each player based on his class. Although each player had his own unique experience, these theories were an important reference for every player. The main problem was that when player distribute his free attribute points he couldn’t alter them after that. So if a player made a mistake in this process, there was no way for him to correct it. For a magician like him he must focus on Intelligence as it was a crucial factor in determining MANA and Magic Attack values, but putting most of his free Attribute Points in Intelligence would create a major problem later. Although magicians were famous for weak HP but magicians who preferred to put most of their free Attribute points in Intelligence would be like a player made of glass in the advanced stages of Rioneed, as any small weak skill would kill them with ease. Defense and Magic defense were his blocking wall against attack and magic attack from any opponent respectively. Both were determined by Endurance. In the past when he was an armored warrior, the values ​​of defense and magic defense were at the highest level among the rest of his attributes followed by HP then Attack. MANA and Intelligence were null. But now he played as a dark magician and therefore defense was something he must neglect, instead he should focus on Intelligence. As for the two values to restore MANA and HP, they worked only when the player was not in the midst of any battle, which was known as:” battle free mode”. To restore HP and MANA during battles, there was no other way except through using the skills of healers if the team had players belonged to this class, or by using energy and life potions. Speed ​​was an important factor in determining player travel speed in the game map. Rioneed was thousands of times bigger than size of Earth, so maps in it were very huge. If you didn’t have high Speed Attribute value you would lose a lot of precious time in moving from one place to another.  Also Ibro knew how important it was for fighter classes like his class. The dark magician depended on fighting from afar, so if his speed was high, then his attack speed would be higher and so no target would be able to reach him before he lost his life. A not reachable lone magician was like a quantum bomb that could kill a large army by his own. A high Speed attribute magician could also dodge any upcoming attacks more effectively. This point made a major difference between life and death. What came next were player stats. Those stats were the main factor in determining the player attributes. Each player had five basic stats and hidden stats. The difference between the two was that basic stats were available at player profile but hidden stats didn’t appear except when player unlocked one of them by chance and added some value to it. Players could add free Attribute Points to the basic stats but could not do so to the hidden stats. To raise value of any hidden stats players usually need a lot of luck plus finishing some unique quests. Basic stats affected player attribute which by turn affected his strength in fight. The hidden stats usually affected the unpredictable factors in the game which play a hidden role in any player whole adventure not just his fight, like luck which can affect what fallen from monsters or what the player could get from treasure chests. From his past experience, the most popular hidden stats were luck and leadership. The five basic stats were Power, Intelligence, Vitality, Agility and Endurance.  Power stats determined the value of the Attack Attribute. Vitality determined HP and HP Recovery Rate attributes. As for Intelligence, it defined MANA, Magical Attack, Magic Defense and MANA Recovery Rate attributes. As for Agility, it was important for Speed and Attack Speed. Finally Endurance determined the value of Defense attribute.

When he finished reading his attributes and stats, he realized that the most important value he should be aware of was Intelligence. Intelligence affected all what was crucial for any magician. When he reached the ten free attribute points which any player got when he started the game, he thought about how to distribute it. The first thing he removed from the list of stats was Strength then Endurance. He didn’t not use a regular weapon or fight with battle frontline skills, so there was no value for Strength. As for Endurance, though Defense was very important to any player, but in his opinion it played a limited role to magicians. It would be useful to him only in the initial stages of the game due to his low HP value, but later on it would never help. If he used some of his free attributes to raise it, he would not die from one stroke, but from two strokes. So what benefit would he gain from that result? The most famous rule for any magician was:” if your enemy reached you and managed to lay his skills on you successfully, you would inevitably die no matter what”. After removing off the two attributes he started thinking about the remaining three. Vitality was important for his life points, but Intelligence was crucial to his skills. Magicians always ignored Agility and rarely considered raising it, but Ibro had another opinion. The most popular theory of distributing free Attribute Points in magician class including dark magician was to put points 50-50 between Vitality and Intelligence. But after a long thinking about this theory he decided to make a personal edit on it. He decided to distribute points 50% Intelligence, 25% Vitality and 25% Agility. After he distributed his free Attribute Points to his basic stats, his new stats and attributes looked like that:

- Vitality: 6 - Intelligence: 11 - Agility: 6

- HP: 60 - MANA: 110 - Magic Attack: 11 - Speed: 1 –Attack Speed: 2

Although Speed and Attack Speed did not change significantly, in time both will show good effect. MANA value had changed dramatically, which would allow him to use his three skills smoothly. He viewed the list of equipment indifferently. The equipment of a novice player was absolutely worthless. It didn’t add any attack, defense, or other values ​​to the player. He then focused on his own skills. These three skills were considered a gift from the game to every beginner player, and they were gifted from the skill tree of each class. Luck played a great role in this process. For example, Basic Black Blow skill was considered a rare and well respected skill in dark magician skill tree that was difficult to obtain, especially in the early stages of the game. As for Basic Paralysis skill it was also one of the advanced skills in dark magician skill tree that would play a pivotal role in his upcoming battles, especially in battles with other players or in the difficult dungeons. Basic Paralysis skill was a common skill though that was easy to get once players exceeded level 50. As for the Basic confusing skill it was considered one of the basic common skills for any magician that could be acquired easily in the first ten levels, so its level in dark magician skill tree was much lower than the level of the other two skills. Ibro felt that luck was standing by his side to be able to get one advanced unique skill and one advanced skill from the very beginning, or perhaps the small number of players in the Egyptian domain also played a major role. He felt satisfied with this start to think about another matter. He remembered Aya Darwish. Would she communicate with him as soon as she entered the game, or would she wait for a while before doing that? In fact, he wanted to meet her right now and start helping her as much as possible. But this issue was not in his hands, but in hers. As for the rest of his team, he was not worried about them. When he installed the capsules for them, he gave instructions on the classes he suggested for each of them. He knew from his past the most important secret classes of the game, as well as the capabilities of each player of them , so he thought hard about their future secret classes before drawing a special road for them in the game trying to fit both of their abilities and the best secret classes for every one of them. As for Inventory, it was like the personal bag for each player in which he can store potions and equipment and other stuff that the player acquired from his successful battles. In the end, there was the money each novice player got, which was hundred copper coins. The coins in the game were divided into copper, silver and gold coins. Every thousand copper coins equaled a silver coin, and a thousand silver coins equaled a gold coin. That meant that one gold coin equaled one million copper coins. He owned a hundred and that was very few but they were enough for what he wanted to do.

He moved through the streets of the small novice village, which was empty of pedestrians like a haunted village. Everyone around him was NPCs, and NPCs in the game were divided according to their classes and levels. What distinguished them from other players was that green faint halo that surrounded their body and that was an indicator that this NPC was peaceful towards the player. If NPC was hostile to player this halo would turn red. If it was yellow, it meant that NPC was neutral and could be peaceful or hostile towards the player based on what the player would do next towards NPC. NPCs in Rioneed had a very high Intelligence that as almost completely similar to players, so it was very difficult to deal with NPCs in the game. His target now was one of those NPCs residing in the village. Although he did not play in this village before, the similar layout of each novice village in Rioneed made him knew exactly where his goal would be. In the forums of the game in the past there was a very famous topic about a player who clashed with one of the NPCs in his novice village. The result of this clash was a pleasant surprise for this player as he got a very good quest. Later on everyone learned that NPC had an equal in every novice village in the game. But when many players tried to acquire this quest again from that NPC, for their disappointment they found out that they couldn’t. This was a unique quest, which meant that once a player triggered and finished it, this quest would disappear and no other player could get it. Ibro wanted to get this unique quest and finish it. This quest was very easy to finish especially he knew the way to do it. He anticipated a lot for this quest. After crossing a number of intersecting streets, he found a small narrow alley that he entered without hesitation. If it were not for him to know in advance about this place, he would not have noticed this alley. The alley was narrow and could barely accommodate three people walking together side by side with difficulty. At the end of this short alley he found a small store with no sign on its front door. Ibro stood in front of the store and smiled happily. He found his first goal, and now he only had to follow the steps of that player in order to get the wonderful award that awaits him.

2