Chapter 1
65 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You dare insult young master Xing Huan!?"

Backing away from the cultivators in front of me, I had begun to apologize profusely, I had accidentally spilled water on the young city lord's clothes, and his servants were angered by it.

"No, I had just slipped, I mean no ill will towards the young master!"

"We will give you a chase to run before we kill you, so get moving!"

Quickly getting up and running, I ran for my dear life, my legs pounding from the exertion. Through the forest I ran, my hunters following close behind. As I ran I came across a swampy area, and in fear and desperation I began to run through it.

Suddenly, the ground beneath my feet gave way and I fell into a massive cavern. Hiding, I waited till I knew my hunters were gone before trying to find a way out. The cavern was filled with beautiful crystals, and many rare and valuable herbs, it was like an Immortal had left the mortal realm here, their Qi causing many changes to the world around them.

My arm was injured from the fall, and so I focused on finding a place to rest and heal, while I may not be strong I am a cultivator, so I had some healing arts at my disposal. Finding a large purple crystal to lay against, I began to circulate my Qi into my arm to begin healing it.

As I felt my arm begin to heal, I relaxed a bit, my name Ying Bai, the young lady of the fallen Bai clan, and I was also talentless. My cultivation stagnated early and any attempts to figure out why just turned up nothing, not that my family cared, we had been a fallen clan since before my father's birth and we always stayed humble from it.

"Ho... I wish I could fight those jerks on equal ground, but I can't even reach the 2nd mortal realm of cultivation."

Suddenly the crystal I lay upon began to move out of the way of a hidden pathway. Falling on my back, I stopped circulating my qi and entered the mysterious cavern. Inside was more of the purple crystals, as well as a small shrine with a purple orb floating above it.

Touching the orb, I felt a large amount of foreign qi enter my body and suddenly had the knowledge of 4 powerful cultivation techniques in my mind. The first was the [Stone Majin Body Tempering Art], it tempered the body in such a way that the user no longer was human afterwards.

Next was the [Quick Majin Movement Art], a technique that allowed the former human to fly under their own power through qi. Third was the [Kind Majin Healing Art], a technique that when mastered could even heal missing limbs and damaged meridians.

The final technique however was the most powerful, the [Forgotten Majin Soul Cultivation Art], it cultivated the soul in such a way that talent was unnecessary, so even trash like me would be capable of becoming an immortal. Excited I began to cultivate it as soon as I got it, my qi circulating in a way both gentle and powerful.

Instantly I broke through the 1st Mortal Realm and into the 2nd, my cultivation sky rocketed to new heights. With a new found confidence, I gathered all I could from the cavern and began using the [Quick Majin Movement Art] to leave the cave. with an armful of rare herbs and new found power, I quickly went home to spread the good news.

***

Reaching my family home, I was greeted by my worried parents and my little brother excited to see her older sister okay. Running over to them, the rare herbs still in my arms, I told them of my experiences. Listening closely my father became surprised by the inheritance I had discovered, and the rare herbs near it.

"And you discovered this after being chased by 3rd realm cultivators?"

"Yes Father, and I have broken through to the 2nd realm!"

"Then we must celebrate, maybe now our clan can rise from its ashes."

With my mother cooking my favorite meal for dinner, and my father off to sell the herbs I gathered, I cultivated in my room for the time I had left. Our plan was for me to take the Black Dragon Sect's entrance exam, one of the most popular sects to join in the country.

It would take some time to reach the third realm, so I decided to focus on body tempering for tonight. While I tempered my body a pair of horns and a tail grew from my body, which is what the inheritance meant by turning the body into something non-human.

As my skin began to burn from my qi, it rapidly began to repair itself using the [Kind Majin Healing Art], something required for the [Stone Majin Body Tempering Art] to work. Feeling my body had reached its limits for now, I stopped my cultivation and went down to eat dinner.

Tonight's dinner was Red Boar meat stewed in a broth made from Demon bird and silver parsnip, with a blood apple glaze on top. A delicious meal that provided a hearty feeling to anyone who ate it, and my favorite food. After finishing my celebratory dinner, my parents gave me a new talisman set, something I expressed interest in as a child.

Entering my room, I quickly began to experiment with creating new talismans, one dearly needed was one that could effectively seal a demon beast and allow for easier taming of it. Checking the list of symbols a talisman could contain, I began with the symbol for Seal, quickly penning out the symbol in qi infused ink.

Next I penned out the symbol for Demon Beast, to give it an instruction on what to seal. When that was finished, I penned out the symbol for Tame and finished the talisman with my name in ink. When I finished, the talisman began to glow brightly before it set ablaze, burning to a crisp, a sign I had failed.

Not one to give up, I repeated my actions till morning, my constitution allowing me to go days without sleeping. By the time morning arrived I had almost used all my talisman paper, and was finishing one last attempt. Signing my name in ink, I stood back, the talisman glowed brightly before dimming, signaling my success.

"Ahaha! I did it, I created the first Demon Beast Sealing talisman!"

Deciding to test it, I went out to the forest in search of a demon beast to use it on. Quickly finding a 1st realm Demon Fox I threw the talisman at the foxes head, and watched as it froze in place. Not one to waste, I quickly used the [Heaven's Taming Mantra] to begin the taming process.

"Heavens above hear me, I impose upon this beast my will, so that it may serve me as a companion and friend, using my role as heaven's divine creation I ask this upon you, Heaven's Taming Mantra!"

A golden ring appeared around the black fox, and around its neck formed a divine collar, linking it to me as a tamed beast. With my new tamed beast in my arms, I went back home and prepared for a long cultivation session, I would reach the third realm before the sect entrance exam or I would die trying.

2