European Politics
77 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As much as I would like to dismantle the Ottoman Empire right now the most I could probably do is hold it off and that is if I am lucky. I began to draw up plans on something that I called Greater Germania as the invasion of many of the smaller German states would barely be an inconvenience although incorporation would be a problem as nationalism isn't really a thing yet so I just started producing a bunch of nationalist books and distributed them all across the German area. all I can do now is wait after the invention of the printing press in Bavaria a couple months ago by a book keeper in Nuremberg literacy rates seemed to go up all across Europe.

On another note I am currently heading to Vienna to discuss a potential alliance with the Austrians. in a horse drawn carriage I went. I wanted to make cars and trucks but currently lack the ability to do so because I don't actually know how to make them. 

at Vienna


 

I finally arrived at the city of Vienna on June 1st to meet the emperor Karl Von Habsburg of the HRE an Austria.

"Presenting the king of Bavaria, his majesty Erwin Von Wittelsbach." I was announced by a man as I walked through the door way.

"Welcome to Vienna Erwin." The emperor greeted me. 

I was surprised what I saw when I looked at the Emperor that he was a leper wearing one of those masks to cover his face.

We exchanged formalities before he invited me to his office

the emperor was young like me maybe a year older but needed help walking to his office from his servants.

"Erwin I must say You are one hell of a ruler!" the emperor said to me when we were in private.

"What?" I was quite surprised by this.

"Teaching your people to read, keeping your cities clean and well organized, there is a lot to say about you." He praised me

"I trust you didn't just ask me to come here just to sing my praises."

His expression became dead serious "The Ottomans are moving closer each day they are advancing quickly through the Balkans." I nodded listening to what he was saying "Neither of us have an heir so I would like to propose that if one of us were to die in the war the other would inherit the other's kingdom." He looked nervous as if he was hoping that I would accept.

"why would I want to fight the Ottomans?" I asked

The Austrian emperor gulped his saliva nervously "If Austria falls Bavaria is next."

I thought about for a second when...

"You don't have to accept right away I will give you a few days to accept or decline my offer, but the way I see it neither of us have anything to lose in that agreement." He stood up to leave when "I do hope you attend the ball we are having tonight." he smiled

Truthfully I am ready to accept the offer and he was right about Bavaria likely being next and the fact neither of us have anything to lose.

I was shown to where I will be staying for the remainder of trip a large room that had everything I needed and some extra stuff like bottles of perfume and extra clothes. 

The ball was held in the ballroom which was quite massive since I guess the Habsburgs were quite wealthy they could afford this. massive crystal chandeliers hung from the domed ceiling that lit the room. I was also amazed by the food large amounts of steaks, chicken, lamb and pork all of it cooked to absolute perfection. The women are wearing beautiful ball gowns and the men including me are wearing suits based off the Wehrmacht uniform which was the buttoned up shirt a tie and a trench coat in a variety colors and pants and boots. 

Although the ball was fun I wasn't a fan of the communal toilets.

the ball continued until late at night when we all went to sleep some in our beds others over the tables and chairs.

this was a process repeated for a week before it was all over and I would return home.

On the eve of my departure Karl Von Habsburg decided to approach me.

"So have you decided about my offer?" he asked in his office.

"Yes, I have decided to accept your offer." I reached out shake his hand he reached back with his hand wearing a white glove.

after that we became good friends exchanging jokes and knowledge.

after the next day we bid farewell to each other.


"Brother why would you hand over Austria?" Karl's older sister Theresa asked him

"Because he would take care of Austria better than anyone else can." He responded

"What of my children?" She again asked him

"They cannot compare and you know that." He said exhausted 

Noticing her brother's tiredness she relented and showed herself out.

Karl took out a book that was titled Großgermanien a Bavarian literary work written by a man named Reiner Vogel a major in the Bavarian Wehrmacht a book about Germans and their need for unification written for the purpose of the author wanting to share his Ideas of nationalism. another thing he took out was a record It was a symphony created by a Bavarian composer named Florian Braun he put to play while he was reading.

4