Mobilization & Partial unification
73 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Journal Entry 1

Bavaria has been singlehandedly spearheading a technological revolution in Europe that would have many of the European powers trying to catch up this led to German ideas and culture spreading rapidly through out Europe this event would be called simply the renaissance. Also spread by the Bavarians was nationalism although it was contained to mostly the German area it would actually pick up some traction in France albeit different that expected as instead of claiming their Latin or Gallic heritage they claimed heritage of the Germans using Charlemagne and the Franks to justify this. Which I find really interesting.


I recently got a journal and I decided to use it to log recent events in Europe that I just find interesting or helpful to me in some way. I sat at my desk in my room just like I do every morning.

Meta walks in through the door

"Your Majesty some men are here to see you."

"Very well then take me to them." I said before kissing her forehead

I walked with the now very flustered Meta to the dining hall where various men sat at the table wearing a mixtures of clothing types some wearing modern fashion and others wearing out of date clothing. 

"Your Majesty we have come to propose unification of our nations under Bavaria." one of them said

"What are your terms?" I asked Curiously

"None really we will be under Bavarian laws and rule."

After settling minor complaints the Southern German Federation was born having the territory from the swiss confederation to Frankfurt and the base of the Weser river. 

walking out of the dining hall with a little extra spring to my step although confused as why they would trust me a literal child to rule their lands for the foreseeable future. But regardless of what reason they had I had more extra land and resources at my disposal. 


The Wehrmacht considered by many military theorists as Europe's most powerful army. Since the rebellion earlier this year recruitment for the Wehrmacht had skyrocketed and the army that was once numbered in the couple of thousands is now about 100,000 which is very impressive as it is an all volunteer army. The uniforms were changed to have a earthy brown camouflage although now only the Grenadiers wear metal armor as I decided it would be too expensive to outfit everyone with metal armor.

Many factories that produced guns and munitions were given contracts to make many SM15 rifles and many more rounds of ammunition. Artillery foundries were also put into over time making artillery pieces for the Wehrmacht.

and within a couple of months preparations were ready to hold off the Ottomans to keep from advancing further into Europe and if possible push them back.

Marching in column formation we arrived at Vienna on September 12th were I am going to meet with the 'Imperial Leper' Karl von Habsburg 


"Brother the Bavarians have arrived." Theresa called to her brother

Karl walked to the Window where Theresa was sitting where he saw the size of the Wehrmacht as it was larger than he could have ever expected he was very shocked.

"How are we supposed to feed this many people?" Karl asked nervously

"They said they brought their own supplies with them." A lord in the room informs him

"That's a relief, prepare a reception for our guests." Karl said

"Right away your majesty." The man said before walking away


I walked into the palace of Austria with a few guards. walking through I noticed that the palace guards were carrying musket like things.

"Good day to you Erwin." The emperor greeted me informally

"Good day Karl." I responded also informally

We greeted each other briefly before heading into the dining hall that we would use as a strategy room food and beverages were served as we talked. Instead of sitting back and waiting for the Ottomans to attack us and Vienna we decided to take the fight to them. The plan consisted of sending the Austrians down the Danube river until Bulgaria and the the Wehrmacht traveling down the coastline of the Adriatic sea down into Greece.

Our attack would begin soon but I had to ask Karl something. Waiting until we were the last ones in the room.

"Karl were did you get those rifles." I asked pointing to the guns his guards were carrying.

"We copied them from the Ottomans." he answered "And bought them from the Steinmann arms factory in Nuremberg."

I nodded although I had never heard the name of that company before. 

"Do you want to listen to some music?" He asked

"Sure." I said although quite surprised by this.

Karl got up towards a strange box that I didn't recognize. I walked up to him confused by what he was doing.

"Hey Karl what is that?" I asked curiously

he looked at me almost shocked at what I had just asked.

"It's a record player." He said

"when did this come out?" I asked 

"Just a few month ago by Florian Braun."

"I see who is your favorite composer"

"Florian Braun as well his music just incredible." he said handing me the record

The record was titled Imperial Majesty and the record was so different than I expected it was a thick black and red circular plate that felt like sand paper but upon further notice the bumps were following a pattern and a red line on one part that said beginning. Handing him back the record Karl loads it into the box from the top  were he moved a rounded needle tip onto the red start line.

We proceeded to listen to the music for a while.

3