The Balkan campaign
65 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The 75,000 soldiers of the Wehrmacht came with me for the offensive while another 25,000 where stationed in Munich to hold off any invasions, to replenish any losses and train any new volunteers. 

We came under stiff resistance only after we entered Montenegro encountering the main force of the Ottoman empire a force that outnumbered mine by almost 2 to 1 numbering at 145,000.

A cool Mediterranean breeze blew throughout the battlefield we were both set upon hills with a valley running in between there were a couple of farm houses that the Christian owners allowed us to occupy for the battle both made of stone.

the Ottomans had decided to take the initiative and sent a full out attack up our hill.


Jürgen Reinhard was a tall blonde young man who joined the Wehrmacht to pay off his gambling debts. In the Wehrmacht he was taught how to read and how to march and marksmanship. He achieved one of the highest scores in the marksmanship test in both speed and accuracy but was assigned to be a grenadier. Part of the 'Red Bulls' which was the grenadier company that fought under Hayden Von Klaus in the battle of Nuremberg. After the battle he attained the rank of captain for leading the 'Red Bulls' bravely in the battle of Nuremberg. And now only a few months later he was standing in a brand new uniform facing off against an army that is said to rival the Wehrmacht in terms of power. 

Reinhard's POV 

I loaded my rounds into my Swabian rifle an iron framed rifle (An 1873 Winchester).

I watched the Ottomans advance upon our position in a loose formation I was told to wait in an also loose formation.

*BOOM* The Wehrmacht artillery began opening up volleys that seemed to be ineffective against the Ottoman infantry but upon looking at it again it wasn't targeting them it was attacking the Ottoman artillery. The Ottomans infantry marched on with their heads low as to not get hit by the artillery exchange. The Turks are wearing khaki Uniforms that are similar to our uniforms yet different (they wore uniforms similar to the Ottoman ww1 uniforms). 

We were instructed by his majesty to not wear any of our plate armor as he said the armor would get shredded making our injuries worse. In truth I think it would absolutely suck to wear the armor in this heat. I looked down the barrel of my rifle as I watched the Ottomans get closer I heard gunshots as the jaegers opened up on the Turks inflicting heavy casualties and the Ottomans stopped marching and started running until they had reached a range of about 200 yards and opened fire with their rifles I couldn't quite see what they were using. (the Ottomans are using martini henry rifles).

Both of our sides were exchanging fire although we were firing more rounds faster than they were. cannons still shooting overhead this was not the first time I was scared for my life but I promise to myself that it will be the last. After eight long hours the Turks finally relented with both sides taking heavy casualties but now it was our turn to give them hell. Under the sound of the bugle we ran forward and our cavalry going around the flanks. the Ottoman infantry that was exhausted and beaten was almost instantly demoralized by our counter attack those that tied to flee were picked off by our cavalry and those that bravely stood were torn to shreds by both our guns and cannons. completely and utterly beaten the Ottomans order a retreat to save as many men as possible but we killed many Ottomans in who were retreating and throughout the next couple months we advanced down south were we retook Athens and the Peloponnese and now we are marching towards Constantinople.


Erwin POV 

Feeling the Mediterranean sun I had realized I looked a bit darker as did many of my soldiers I looked upon Constantinople with my own eyes seeing the Theodosian walls for the first time I had to admit they were remarkable and the city was actually prospering. And instead of fighting me in the fields outside the city the Ottomans had decided to dig in the city establishing defenses inside the city itself and placing artillery on the walls and in between the breeches of the walls.

The Austrians were equipped with captured Ottoman rifles and excess Wehrmacht ones making logistics a nightmare for the young emperor Karl von Habsburg which surprisingly caused his leprosy to get worse and was what killed him. The many months on the road were harmful enough but toss in some logistical problems and some personal issues it was a miracle he had survived this long without good treatment he had some but it was inadequate as his leprosy was in it's later stages. And just like that Austria was to be handed over to me. Although I lost a friend I knew he was going to die sooner or later.

"Here send this to your sultan." I ordered an Ottoman prisoner to give the Sultan a letter and prisoner happy to leave agreed.

The next morning the Ottoman sultan Mehmed came under a white flag.

4