Timeskip
62 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There were celebrations throughout the former Byzantine empire following the defeat of the Ottoman forces who were allowed to march away with their weapons and what do I mean by the former Byzantine empire. I had used the excuse that the Byzantines would be unable to defend this territory without assistance so I established the Protektorat Byzanz or Protectorate of Byzantium as a client state of course the Imperial family was technically in charge but with 50,000 Wehrmacht soldiers stationed throughout I think they will be a fairly loyal puppet until they are no longer needed.

_____________

In the Vatican the current pope Pope Alexander II sat upon his papal throne reading the report of the German victory out loud while smiling to himself surrounded by his cardinals. The Pope was a young Italian man about twenty. Alexander viewed the German victory as purely positive.

In Paris king Louis was informed of Erwin's victory and in many other European countries the victory was met with both jubilations and with fear. Many nations took part in the original attempt to drive away the Ottomans and were driven back with horrific losses that broke many of their backs particularly the many German minor nations who took part in the war.

Church bells rung across all of Christendom upon the victory of not just the Germans but of the Spanish and various Italian states who were sweeping north africa with Ottoman weapons that were copied and produced by the Germans. However it wasn't just the Europeans who were celebrating in the City of Aksum many orthodox Christians although they weren't particularly happy with the fact that the Byzantines were reinstated in Egypt as skirmishes broke out between the German armed Byzantines against the unified Ethiopian forces all along the Nile river in an attempt to gain control of it with both sides utilizing firearms in some capacity.

The Byzantines didn't just sit around and not do anything; they began a conquest of the Arabian peninsula with the help of the Wehrmacht soldiers stationed in the empire who took the peninsula in less than a month. However committed horrific acts that were basically just Genocide which destroyed many Arabic texts and knowledge as well as displacing them so that the Greek people can live on the land.

As for the Ottomans they ended up in India conquering the entire Subcontinent and had converted to Buddhism and although they tried to go into the Indochina region they were apparently stopped by the Chinese not even able to get into Burma. Although with India underneath their effective control they exported spices and other goods but blocked off Chinese trade kicking off a massive attempt at exploration by European countries to find trade routes to China around the Ottomans mostly unsuccessful.

As for me, I took advantage of the fact that most European nations were still reeling and took over the German territories. I would like to say that it was a heroic war but it was literally just me walking into cities and towns and replacing the flag with my new flag to represent the German empire which was the same as the one in my previous world except the bottom red stripe is now a baby blue stripe and has a black double headed eagle in the center. It was so easy that even the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth barely put up any resistance to me taking their German territories after burning Krakow and I ended up taking all of Bohemia because I forgot where the Sudetenland is at. Of course they put up some resistance but they were torn to absolute shreds by my army. And of course I began industrializing my new lands building ports for trade and building a navy that would be mostly steel hulled steam frigates with a few seaworthy ironclads. And finally I took the lowland countries and although I had debated as to whether or not I take France or not I had decided to not because although there would be support for it inside of France because of the Frankish nationals as they call themselves but there were also Latin and Gallic nationalists with the Latin Nationalists claiming their heritage from the roman empire where as the Gallic nationalists claim France a nation with its own heritage. Even without the French or Scandinavians in my Empire I declared myself Kaiser although I have yet to be crowned.

__________________

I sat at the head of the dinner table as there was a feast being held in Munich for many of the European kings including the French and English kings who didn't seem to get along well, probably because of the hundred years war still going on although France started gaining the upper hand recently. Other kings included the kings of Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Sweden and it wasn't just royalty or nobility. The guest list included some prominent business men, generals and other political leaders. And the Purpose of the banquet was to celebrate my coronation as Kaiser that will be happening in a few days and my eighteenth birthday.

The feast had many exotic foods from across the world including tiger steak, roasted peacocks, and many others that I don't even know the names of and all served on imported porcelain from China.

“Hey Lawrence how is the food? Is it too expensive for your tastes?" King Louis of France asked mockingly to the English king while laughing

"Not at all in fact, if I wanted something cheap I would go to one of your daughters." The English king retorted 

the face of the French king contorted and twisted with rage and looked as if he was going to kill the English king. 

"I don't think you can talk." The French king stops for a second "After all how did you find out your daughter wasn't a virgin?"

Moving my attention away from them the atmosphere of the party was far more lively and genial with drinks being shared amongst European leaders but that didn't just mean everything was perfect as observed from french and english kings the state of politics also affects the relations with the leaders. Of course I had an affect on the European stage as now most countries rely on my trade of medicine, food, guns and other manufactured goods although some countries are trying to break that reliance by industrializing themselves like the english building primitive factories in London and other cities and although the factories themselves were making them money I was concerned for the workers inside who weren't getting paid well and the safety of the factories according to my spies was absolutely disgusting and led to the rise of trade unions that exist in Germany but never rose to prominence and further declined when I enforced a minimum wage law that created a livable wage after seeing my original law getting abused. but some countries faced strikes in their factories and in some cases there was violence and many countries tried to stop guns from getting into the hands of the workers but German merchants ended up smuggling weapons anyway so some strike were armed.

"Erwin you should try to get a bride." my mother told me

2