War on the Nile
54 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the battle at fort Konstantinos the Aksumite Empire felt a huge humiliation and declared a war against the Byzantines and marched along the Nile they reached and took the city of Cairo within a few days. And although Byzantines held onto the city of Alexandria the Aksumites took the entirety of Egypt and Arabia being stopped in Syria by German troops in the region. Dragging the German empire into the war and the Byzantines who were going to capitulate had a new found strength fought on.
Landing in Syria with 10,000 troops Manstein was entrusted to take Arabia from the Aksumites by first taking the Sinai peninsula and marching down the coast of the red sea into Yemen and Oman and the goal after that was to just hold it.
And the plan was to win before the end of the summer.
Within days Manstein successfully drives all Aksumite forces out of the levant back into either Egypt or Arabia.
Landing in Alexandria Erwin led the Charlemagne unit of the Wehrmacht composed of Frankish(French) foreign volunteers. composed of over 20,000 men the Charlemagne was by far the largest foreign legion as well as the most elite. These men were as expected part of the Frankish national movement in France. the goal was to retake Egypt
The Aksumite king was forced back into Egypt and stood in Cairo waiting for the Kaiser to reach the city
_____________
Fierce fighting in Cairo broke out as the Charlemagne unit entered the city after reducing the walls to rubble with artillery.
"Do you see something?" A Frankish officer asked me
"I think I see the Aksumite king." I said as some bullets bounced off of me harmlessly
"Are you some sort of god?" The Frankish officer asked
"No, but let's pay the king a visit." I said walking with the officer by my side protecting him from gunfire as we walked toward the entrenched location of the boy king.
standing face to face with the young boy who didn't seem all that tall and seemed to have a lighter complexion than I expected resembling more of a medium brown than the dark brown I expected
"Are you the King of Aksum?" I asked in German
"Yes I am. Now what do you want?" The Aksumite king said and asked in Amharic and despite speaking entirely different languages we were both fully able to understand each other.
"This war is a bit foolish. Do you want to talk it out?"
"Foolish for you but not my people." He said running up to me sword in hand which I blocked with a single finger
I prepared an attack against him which was a ball of condensed light and it connected slamming into and hitting his face hard but surprisingly he didn't die and next thing I knew we were both in the Terminal.
Although this time was different the Boy got a new body. Now looking like an adult being midnight black with stars in his hair and silver eyes and there wasn't much said to me they mostly talked to the boy. but I found out that we get sent back here whenever two reincarnates first meet. We headed back after what felt like an eternity.
but now the king of Aksum had brand new powers and wanted to fight me now more than before.
"Well Kaiser I think we can fight fair and square now." the Aksumite king declared creating a shadowy sword from the ground
Some of our powers are instinctual but after honing my powers in the alps for the past 3 years I can safely say that most powers are based off of your imagination but it seems as if they manifest in a certain way like the way mine comes out in pure white fire and how his would come out like a shadow.
Not waiting for my response he swung his sword at me which I managed to just slap away and the shocked look on his face was extremely visible as I formed a halberd out fire. He charged at me again but using my halberd to keep him at bay occasionally extending it he was still unable to get a hit on me while I would sometimes hit him with a ball of fire and the damage from those was clear as some of insides were now his outside and his outsides now his insides but of course his regeneration didn't make it last to long as it would heal in seconds. He just kept on attacking me with poor results and now I could clearly see that my training in the alps really helps.
I went on the offensive this time locking his sword into my halberd and extending it moving him back several city blocks. I then made my halberd reform into a large bow and arrow. Shooting the arrow It landed on him creating a large column of fire and heat so intense that even the shielding I provided for my own troops almost wasn't enough as many ended up taking off their tops and the suffering for my opponents troops was far worse as many would lose their lives from the intense heat despite its brevity. The citizens of Cairo were mixed as those who were in the parts of the city controlled by my army would be under the same protection as my soldiers and those who weren't suffered just as the Aksumites did and my troops controlled almost half the city. The fighting soon halted as the Aksumite officers started surrendering and eventually we would take Cairo.
Most importantly the Aksumite king ended up being restrained by chains made of fire. So every time he would regenerate the fire would burn him again. And after several days of him coming in and out of consciousness he finally woke up to searing hot chains around his body.
_____________________
“So ready to talk?” I asked knowing that he couldn’t fight back anymore
“What do you want?” He asked defeated facing down in his cell
“Great, you are interested in talking.” I said “Get the map Jean.” I ordered my Frankish officer who promptly brought a map to me
The Aksumite king looked at me confused as to what the map was until he saw it. The map was of the Nile area of north africa and it showed German Egypt and Sudan under our control.
“What is the meaning of this?” The king asked angrily however immobile from my chains
“It is our new border.”
“Our?”
“Yes, Egypt is now under German administration.”
“What of Sudan?” Issiah asked
“It would be used as a penal colony housing Germany's criminals.”
“What happens to me now?”
“Nothing, I will just leave you here and once I am far enough away my chains will deactivate.”
“Where am I?” He asked fearing he was stuck in the middle of nowhere
“We are in Aksum.” I said flatly
The boy looked too stunned to speak
Jean passed me the contract he was holding
“Sign the peace treaty.” I said passing him a pen
Barely able to hold the pen King Issiah still signed it. The treaty would disallow Aksum to conquer anything north of their Northernmost border. It also forced a one-sided trade agreement between Aksum and Germany.
Returning back to Germany and looking at a calendar it had barely been a fortnight since the war started and was won.

1