Awakening Ceremony (Part 1)
39 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: Awakening Ceremony (Part 1)

 

Year 1489, Ancestral residence of the Montalvo De Cádiz family.

 

In an undisclosed location, hidden in the depths of the Sierra de Grazalema, in a seemingly insignificant cave, the Montalvo family secretly conceals themselves, one of the 12 Oligarchs who control the world. This cave, known to few, serves as the entrance to a secret dimension, a subspace where the true magnificence of "The Storm Bastion" is revealed; the ancestral bastion of the Montalvo family.

 

Within the subspace, a completely different world unfolds from the outside, with vast plains teeming with unknown flora and fauna as far as the eye can see, and imposing mountain ranges in the distance. But the most striking feature of this place is undoubtedly the crimson sky adorned with constant jet-black lightning. If a mortal were to breathe the air with such a high concentration of aether, any illness would be instantly cured, and their lifespan would be increased.

 

The external structure of the bastion is a testament to medieval Spanish architecture, with high reddish walls carved with countless matrices that shimmer along the entire wall, as well as cannons that seem to be made of crystal. Crenellated towers rise imposingly toward the sky, bearing witness to the long lineage and strength of the family. At the main entrance, a massive, robust-looking door carved with intricate matrices welcomes visitors, adorned with elaborate designs narrating the Montalvo family's history, standing as the first line of defense.

 

In the center of the walled city stands a magnificent castle. In its deepest heart, where normally only the highest-ranking Elders or the patriarch are allowed, a crowd of young people aged ten to fifteen is gathered today. Their only common feature is having crimson hair of varying intensity. Those with a more intense hue stand erect and proud at the forefront of those with weaker tones, as the more intense the color, the purer their lineage.

 

In the center of the hall lies the most precious and best-guarded artifact of the entire family: the artifact called "Ignis Expergiscor," similar to a ruby in the shape of a teardrop the size of a human skull, intermittently emitting a blood-red glow.

 

After what seemed like an eternal wait for the present youth, with the distinctive sound of a heavy object being dragged, the simple but sturdy doors of the hall opened. With a slow and majestic walk, the current patriarch of the Montalvo family entered.

 

Maximus Montalvo III De Cádiz, with the appearance of a man around 40 years old, bears the mark of decades of dedication to mystical arts. His intense crimson hair, a sign of the purity of his lineage, flows in waves down to his shoulders. The age lines on his face silently witness the battles and decisions he has faced over the years, each wrinkle telling a story of resilience and wisdom. However, in the depth of his hazel eyes, an unshakable tranquility and serenity are revealed, like a calm pool amidst the turbulent currents of time. These eyes, full of experiences and determination, narrate the legacy of a leader who has guided the Montalvo family firmly through the challenges and hardships that have befallen the family during his tenure.

 

"We welcome the Patriarch," respectfully exclaimed the Supreme Elders who had been present in the hall for some time, rising from their seats arranged in a half-moon on the opposite side of the entrance.

 

Maximus calmly crossed the hall until he reached his seat, dividing the eight seats of the Elders in two. Once he reached his place, he sat quietly while gesturing for them to sit again.

 

"We will begin with the explanation. The Second Elder Valeria 'The Crimson Shadow' will provide the details." Maximus declared.

 

"The awakening ceremony of this generation is about to begin. All present should already know, but it will be repeated one last time: during the awakening of your lineage, approximately 40 percent of you will not withstand the aether baptism and will die. Of the remaining, only half will achieve a complete awakening, entering the First Heaven of the Bone Refinement Realm, while the other half will only achieve a partial perception of aether and will not directly enter the ranks of Aether Practitioners; however, as long as you strive hard enough, over time you will have the opportunity to ascend to higher levels and realms," explained a woman dressed in a meticulously crafted noble silk dress, designed to highlight her slender and curvaceous figure. The dress, of a deep crimson tone, delicately cinches at the waist before flowing into a wide skirt that gracefully descends.

 

Valeria possesses exceptional beauty with features reflecting an almost supernatural perfection. Her flawless, radiant, and pale skin. The crimson hair, resembling a cascade of silk, falls in soft waves around her shoulders, adding a touch of elegance to her presence. Her hazel eyes, bright and expressive, can captivate the soul of anyone who looks into them.

 

"So, I will ask you one last time, are you prepared to lose your lives? This is the last chance you will have to retract. After this, your only choices are glory or death. Do you understand?" Valeria asked, displaying the aura and pressure that only someone who has reached the Lord Realm can achieve, directing her beautiful eyes towards the crowd, specifically towards a 12-year-old boy standing in the front row who pretended not to notice while averting her gaze.

"Wow, this chapter turned out longer than I thought. I'm exhausted, especially since a large part of what I've written consists of brief or not very detailed explanations, like 'Quetzalcoatl faced an epic battle against the Christian god.' I have to refine the material, explain more things in detail, and eliminate unnecessary elements. I ended up splitting this chapter, which was originally just one, into two parts. If I have time, I'll publish it on Saturday or Sunday. Until then, Merry Christmas in case I forget to upload it :p"

1