3. Satsuki’s Mental Note
219 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Satsuki's PoV

Based on Crypto's estimation, we will reach the nearest station within 5 days using Hyperdrive mode.

I, Satsuki Cihiro, still confused about what is happening. 

I suddenly woke up on a spaceship, awakened by my friend Kanon, who had transformed into a girl character from our game Beyond Space. She explained that we were in a world similar to the game.

At first, I thought it was just an elaborate prank, but after feeling my arm almost break when I touched what I thought was her fake breasts, I finally believed it. How could she be so strong with a smaller body than mine? Oh well, at least I'm safe because I created a male character.

But then we were faced with a battle against the pirates. I was incredibly nervous and pretended to be calm in front of Kanon. After the battle, I unleashed most of my emotions, including guilt for feeling like I killed someone while hugging Kanon. Yeah, and I got punched in the stomach for joking around. She's merciless... Truly. It's embarrassing to do something like that in front of a friend, but it seems like Kanon doesn't really care.

And now, since there's nothing else to do, we're checking every corner of the spaceship. The Genesis ship is a semi-lightweight ship that Kanon craft from zero. Even though the weapon systems and engines are advanced, Kanon added unnecessary things to the ship. For example, she spent money and resources to create 4 bedrooms, a bathroom, a training room, and a kitchen, which are not needed in the game since we can quickly reach our destination using Hyperdrive. Well, if there was a game that took days to reach its destination, no one would play it. She said, "This is for the sake of aesthetics, my friend!" with a protesting tone towards me. She even implemented these things on my spacecraft carrier without my permission.

But for some reason, what she did is actually useful in our current situation. I guess this time, her actions have some benefits.

"Hey, Kanon."

"Hmm?"

She glanced at me while busy manually counting items in the kitchen. She didn't just bring food supplies, but also heavy metal materials.

My hands can barely lift one, but how can she carry three boxes without breaking a sweat? How much has her stamina and strength increased?

"What are all these metals and spare parts for?"

"They're all materials for making weapons. Instead of selling those parts, it's better to keep them because the crafting system on this ship is still usable."

Ah, I see.

We can make laser guns or swords using the crafting room on the ship as long as we have the materials and blueprints. Blueprints can be purchased by going to a weapon shop or participating in events to get rare blueprints. But the materials are very difficult to obtain, especially for high-ranking weapons. Even if a player sells them, they're usually sold for real money instead of in-game currency. That's why Kanon wants to keep them.

"My in-game credits were also carried over, although it's not much, but it's enough for power, ammunition, and food supplies for a century."

A century...?

"Err, is that so? How do you know?"

I asked curiously. It's still uncertain if this universe operates on the same principles as Beyond Space, so I'm a bit skeptical.

"I guessed based on the data I read from the pirates' ship. Our transaction and financial systems here are no different from the game, so no need to worry."

Ah, I see. So that's it. So while Kanon was in the cockpit, she was reading all the additional information gathered from the pirate ship. She's actually a hard worker, and I... I was just mesmerized by the stars and giant clouds, not paying attention. I feel useless here.

"Wait, then why did you place the materials in the kitchen while the crafting room is on the opposite side?"

Kanon remained silent for a moment, shifting her gaze.

"...I forgot that it was metal material and mistook it for food supplies because it was too light..."

She said with a slightly red face.

"..."

No, no. That embarrassed expression might look cute, but she's a guy deep inside, and the words she said made my head unable to accept reality. Three boxes containing metal materials weighing almost 30 kilograms felt light? How strong is she?

I guess I have to make a mental note not to make Kanon angry in the future.

...

"Hey, Kanon?"

It has been at least 2 days if we count based on Earth time. Kanon and I are just sitting in the lounge area that connected to the kitchen. We're quite bored because there's nothing to do. Staring out into space for too long can be tiring. We should be on alert in the cockpit in case anything unwanted happens, like some sort of pirate attack. However, Crypto, Kanon's intelligent AI, can take over piloting, and even though its piloting abilities are only half of mine, it can still manage somehow.

"What'?"

Kanon asks as she casually lies down on the sofa with her eyes closed. Her tail, which touches the floor, sways comfortably.

This always makes me curious, but does her tail move automatically based on instinct? I also have a dog in my rented apartment, and every time he's happy or excited, his tail wags quickly. Ahh, I wonder if there's someone taking care of or feeding him now. I'm a bit worried.

"Can I touch your ears and tail?"

But for now, what I'm curious about is how soft her tail and ears are. So I really want to touch them. Ahh, and for the record, Kanon still has her human ears. In other words, she has 4 ears. I've asked her how she feels about it before, but she just said her hearing became much more sensitive. Nothing more.

"No, you can't."

In response to my request, I'm immediately rejected.

"Aww..."

I can only sigh in disappointment. I really wanted to touch them.

Kanon then peeks at me with one eye open.

"Okay, you can."

!!

Suddenly, my enthusiasm comes back somehow.

"But we'll make a bet."

A bet?

Seeing my puzzled face, Kanon continues with a slight grin.

"Yeah. We'll play rock, paper, scissors. And if you lose, I'll flick your forehead. Then if you win 3 times, I'll let you touch them."

"Aren't the rules too unfair for me?"

I complain to her.

"It's your choice to play or not. I won't force you."

Kanon says as she closes her eyes.

"..."

Hmm, should I join the game? But for some reason, I'll be walking into a tiger's den if I do.

...No, it's just a game. Besides, what harm can a flick do? And we're a little bored right now. Alright, let's do it.

"Okay, I agree."

This time, Kanon opens both of her eyes, stops lying down, and sits on the sofa while stretching her waist.

"Alright. Let's start."

"Rock, paper,.."

Both of us prepared our hands. 

And after the final cue...

"... Scissors!"

The result was that I picked rock while Kanon picked scissors.

"I win!"

"There are still 2 more rounds before you really win, you know."

As if not considering my victory important, Kanon yawned.

"This time I will pick scissors again."

!!

Damn, she's trying to confuse me.

What will she pick? Scissors, or paper?

"Alright. Rock, paper, scissors."

Without being allowed to think any longer, Kanon already started again, so I reluctantly followed along and picked rock.

"Now it's my turn to win."

Kanon said with a smirk.

Damn it! She managed to trick me!

"Lean your forehead forward."

"What?..."

I could only surrender as I brought my face closer to Kanon's hand, which was already prepared to flick me.

She seemed very pleased as her smirk widened.

"Please don't flick too hard—"

Takk!

Right before I finished my sentence, Kanon flicked my forehead and made a loud sound as my head was pushed back slightly.

"Ouch! Hey, I said to go easy!"

Kanon only laughed at my irritation.

"It's your fault for joining this game. Besides, I'm still holding back."

"That's what you call holding back?! My head might break after this!"

"Well, feel free if you want to stop."

Kanon replied nonchalantly, shrugging her shoulders.

Damn it, I feel like I can't back down after winning one point.

"... Fine. Let's continue."

"That's the Satsuki I know~"

Ignoring Kanon's taunt, we resumed the game.

"Ow!"

"Yahk!"

"Ouch!!"

And during that time, she won more often, so she could flick my forehead multiple times. It feels like my forehead is bleeding now. Even though my physical strength is increased with my game character, I'm still losing to her.

And after enduring the endless hell...

"Kuh... Finally, I win."

I managed to get the final point with me using paper while Kanon used rock.

"Hmm? I thought you would lose your memory after all that."

"So you purposely made me go through all this so I would forget about the scores?!"

"Tch."

"Y-You're just clicked your mouth, aren't you?!"

"Yeah, yeah. Now do it and finish your business quickly."

She said while straightening her sitting position.

"And if I catch you doing something else, there will be a hole in your stomach afterwards."

She added in a sharp tone.

"C-Calm down, I will only touch and stroke your ears and tail."

Considering Kanon's strong physical prowess, of course I wouldn't do it. 

Afterwards, I stood up and approached her. Kanon remained silent while staring at me, squinting her eyes... She wouldn't throw me, right?

Let's stop caring about that.

Okay, let's start with her ears. Ever since I first saw them, I've been very intrigued to touch them.

I slowly moved my arm closer and started touching them from the tip of her ear.

"..."

There was no specific reaction from Kanon and her tail. Then I continued by running my fingers along the side of her ear, gently stroking it. Her ear was much thicker than I had expected, and the fur felt soft.

"Shhh..."

I heard Kanon inhale and saw her tail move up and down.

"Is there a problem?"

I asked her.

"N-No. Just keep going."

"Let me know if you feel any pain or discomfort. I will stop immediately."

After that, I continued stroking her ear, especially the back of it. It felt so good.

Kanon's tail brushed against the sofa quickly, and her face became even more relaxed the longer I caressed it.

"Does it feel good?"

"!!"

Her eyes widened upon hearing my voice, as if she had awakened from a dream.

"N-No. It feels normal. Also, isn't it time to stop?"

"Ah, right. I guess it's time to stroke your tail."

"My tail too?!"

"Isn't that part of the agreement?"

"Ugh..."

I stopped touching her ear and looked at her, my face full of triumph. Now it was my turn to play with her.

Kanon turned and showed me her tail.

"P-Please don't grab it too tightly."

She seemed restless as if she thought I was planning something.

No, I'm sure you'll kill me if I do anything extreme. So relax, I wouldn't dare.

With caution, I took hold of her tail.

Ohh!! Her tail fur felt much softer and smoother than her ears . But it still had its own special feeling.

Then I started petting it from the top to the bottom. For some reason, my hand felt really comfortable touching it.

"!!"

Meanwhile, Kanon's ears twitched, and she closed her eyes with flushed cheeks, biting her bottom lip. Is she sensitive in this area? Hmm, how about I tighten it a little?

Thinking that, I caressed her tail in the way my dog loves it.

"Fuwaah! I can't take it anymore!"

But it seemed that was the wrong choice as Kanon grabbed my arm and shoulder.

"Eh?"

Before I knew it, I was in the air, and when I came to my senses, I had been thrown to the floor.

"I feel several of my ribs are broken because of the impact."

"Eh, Satsuki? Satsuki!! Satsu— "

Before my consciousness vanished, I heard Kanon's panicked voice...

Note to self: Don't tease Kanon too much, especially her tail.

..........

"Why did you bring alcohol here?"

Kanon asked, wrinkling her brow.

With only 12 hours left before we reach the space station, most of the food we have is just junk food, along with food cartridges made from algae and synthetic seaweed that can be shaped into various kinds of food using a device like an oven – for example, sushi or grilled beef. In other words, it's a 3D food maker. It's not very delicious, but what other choice do we have?

That's why I brought alcohol to get rid of the bland taste in my mouth.

"We're not at the legal age to drink this."

Kanon seemed to have an issue with it.

Well, technically we're not of legal age to drink it, but now we're not in Japan and there's no regulations about age here. So, we can freely drink it.

Hearing my explanation, Kanon still seemed hesitant.

"It might taste a little bitter the first time you try it, give it a go."

I handed her the glass filled with beer. I remember trying it with my senior from the same university, when she secretly handed me a glass. I found it unusual at first, but the taste grew on me the longer I drank it.

"... I can't believe Satsuki has become a rebellious kid."

Despite saying that, Kanon secretly took it. She seemed unsure as she brought it near her lips.

"Well, a lot of things have happened."

She looked at me drinking without any issue and then back at her glass.

After thinking for a while, she took a sip and gulped it down in one go without hesitation. Her tail stood up straight while her ears twitched during the process.

"How is it?"

"..."

Instead of answering, Kanon just froze after putting the glass back on the table, her head bowed down.

"Ehm... Kanon?"

Seeing something was wrong, I asked her in worry.

"..... Ehehe."

Now she was laughing. Don't tell me she's drunk from just one glass? I quickly approached her to check her condition.

"Kanon, you— Gwuah!"

But as I reached her, she suddenly jumped and hugged me.

"Whehehe... Satsuki smells goooood."

She said with a laugh. Her face was red, and her eyes were unfocused... She's definitely drunk!

To think she would get drunk from just one glass... It turns out Kanon is weak against alcohol. Is it because of her changed body constitution? Although I'm still fine.

Let's save that for another time. For now, I have to stop Kanon from hugging me and take her to her room.

"Umm... Kanon, maybe you — Ouch! Where are you biting, ow, ow!"

Suddenly, Kanon crawled closer to me and started biting my neck and shoulder.

"Hey, stop!"

Her biting was slightly painful and ticklish.

What was that? Could it be that her animal instincts are active? It seems like it will take a while before I can make her come to her senses.

"Don't bite me again!!"

Additional mental note: Never let Kanon drink alcohol in any way.

By the way, it took me 2 hours to sober her up. Haaa... The exhausting life in space. Especially with a friend who's turned into a wolf-eared girl.

14