Prologue: First Meeting
179 8 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So I heard that a young Dragon was found in this cave."

"Yeah, but I also heard it was a cursed one, anything that approaches it is cursed to be forever ill."

"Then why are we here?"

"Someone's got to figure out the truth."

Hearing two people approach my den, I shifted my metallic for into that of a human and decided to greet them. Stepping out of my hiding place, I kept my distance and made sure not to let any of my mercury touch them.

"So. What's a couple of humans doing in my den?"

Startling them, they didn't expect a teenage mercury dragon to live in this dragon's den. Chuckling a little, I goaded them a little.

"What a few humans afraid of a young dragon?"

"Don't compare us noble elves to those cowards!"

The swordsman then ran up to me, and I shifted my mass to avoid the attack, but he accidentally ingested some of my mass after falling in my leftover mass. The other member of the group just shook her head and dragged the man out of the poisonous puddle.

"So he's an Elf, what are you, some kind of demon?"

"Actually, yes, I am a Poison demon, making me immune to all curses and poisons, but I see this isn't a cursed place, just the den of a mercury dragon."

A bit miffed that I was called just a mercury dragon, I let my dragon form show itself. A goopy dripping mass of liquid metal in the vague shape of a dragon, but that was normal for my race.

"Are you insane or just suicidal, you know what angering a dragon means?"

"You're a juvenile, not a real threat to mortal races like humans and elves, and definitely not a threat to me as an immortal race."

She was right, at only 50 years old I wasn't even considered an adult, so couldn't do anything to her that would harm her in any substantial way. Curling up with shame and self-hate, I was then gently caressed by the strange woman, causing some of my substance to crystallize from embarrassment.

"Aw cute your body becomes cinnabar when embarrassed."

*Loud exhale*

I didn't respond, just gave a deep exhale in her face, revealing a beautiful green haired demoness under the hood of the cloak she wore.

"What is your name strange one?"

"Hm? I'm Cyanide, all Poison demons are named after a poison."

"I am Mercury Dragoness Meru Curie, youngest daughter of the Uranium Dragoness Cali Fornium, Sister to Lead Dragoness Plum Bumia."

Giggling at my proud display, that I only really did to show off, as normally I stay as far from mortal races as possible.

"You should treat your companion, my body is highly toxic to all who ingest or touch it."

"Oh! Thank you Meru, I'll get to it, I have experience as a healer even if I took Alchemy as my career path."

Covering her hand was a yellow light, and the sigil of holy magic, which was a sign she worshipped a god at one point. Watching my mercury leave the man's body, I quickly began to absorb it into my body once more, so that he could recover safely.

Holy magic had fallen in popularity after the 'Holy' war, a war in which humans and angels teamed up to 'Cleanse' the world of its scum, in reality all the rest of the world had to do was inform their gods and the war was over, all participants losing their holy magic.

I personally worship the Dragon God Drakus Wyrmwood, but I recognize other religions as valid, seeing as I have personally met the god of poison in my 50 years of life, he always visits poisonous races when they reach 20 years to reinforce the idea that poison is not to be messed around with and to be careful.

I am fully aware of my place in the universe, compared to the gods, the elder gods, and the Outer Gods, I'm an ant, no I'm a fucking atom to them, but still, a fully matured dragon can fight on par with the strongest angels and usually win. Of course with my unique skill [Ath-Yigoth: Lord Of Destruction] I even at my current age am equal to an adult dragon in pure power.

[Ath-Yigoth: Lord Of Destruction] allows me to instantly destroy any non-biological matter I want, but as it has very little use in combat other than destroying enemy spells, I rarely use it at all. I have other skills like [Mercury Breath] and [Lord of Poison: Apollyon] but Ath-Yigoth was one I was born with.

"Ugh... What happened?"

"You got angry at an insult that Meru over there said as a joke and fell into some of her mercury, effectively poisoning you, luckily I was able to treat you in time, but next time be careful."

As the Elven man sat up from his forced nap, also I have no idea why but my mercury always forces anyone poisoned by it into a permanent sleep that can only be cured through holy magic, He looked at me with both disdain and respect in his eyes. Picking up his sword, he and Cyanide left my den, but I knew Cyanide would return someday.

9