Nineteen
390 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That's an interesting martial art you're practicing." A feminine voice said as they walked into the training room where I was currently located.

At the moment I was practicing the Niko style in the training room which was going well, the limitless pill granted me the ability to learn martial arts almost instantly so I was now practicing the Niko Style so that I could use it in battle.

"Diana? What are you doing here?" I asked the Amazonian princess who had just arrived.

"Bruce asked me to train you as I would a God since you will awaken soon." Diana said as she looked me up and down quickly while I wiped the sweat from my face.

Diana made me feel weird, at our first meeting she made me feel odd as well but I quickly pushed the feeling to the side since I had other things on my mind but now that we were alone and together again the feeling came back. It was like we had a connection but we didn't at the same time, I was attracted to her for sure but it felt incomplete, like she and I both were missing something fundamental at the moment, and I do realize how weird that is.

"Come, let's spar." Diana said as she began to guide me from the training room to the sparing room while her hips swayed hypnotically causing me to glace repeatedly.

Diana was no slouch in the physical department, she was extremely well proportioned, more so than almost any woman I had met before and she knew it. If this was a cultivation world Diana would be called an Empire toppling beauty but even that was an understatement, she was every word that could describe stunning.

"Looked enough?" Diana said with her regular cold disinterested face.

There are many versions of Diana that are evil or just a straight up bitch but not this one, she was cold and distant to everyone, especially the men who had tried to get at her which was literally all the men in the League and honestly, I preferred this Diana over the rest, although I had yet to get to know her well.

I shrugged my shoulders at the shorter woman's words, if I said yes then I was wrong, and if I said no I was wrong, it was a lose-lose for me so it was better to answer the way I did.

"Hmph." Diana snorted softly as we continued on our way to the sparring room while I tried not to look at the Amazonian.

"We will not use weapons for this spar." Diana said as we entered the empty sparring room before distancing herself from me.

"Alright." I replied as I readied myself, I knew Diana was a very strong warrior and the chances of me beating her at my current level were slim to zero, but either way, I'd try.

-----

[System Incentive]

Task - Fight with Wonder Woman for five minutes without falling to the ground.

Reward - Hanma bloodline

-----

'Oh?' I said inwardly happy to see the new system inventive.

My rewards thus far have all been beneficial in the best ways possible. The limitless pill increased my mental prowess, the spider bite increased my physical prowess, the Wolverine integration gave me a more durable body with some perks, and the Hanma bloodline would grant me potential, potential to grow expeditiously.

'Five minutes huh.' I said inwardly as I knew that if Wonder Woman went all out I wouldn't last that long but if she didn't, I stood a chance.

'Every aspect of my body will be covered if I can complete this incentive.' I told myself, I had talent and potential for sure but the Hanma bloodline would change many things about me to take it to another level, this was my chance to boost my speed of growth.

"Prepare yourself." Diana said as ran at me.

Hearing Diana's words I put up the Niko Style guard which I would be using from now on while I watched Diana closely for any sign of muscle twitching which would allow me to predict what move she would make but unsurprisingly, her movements were as smooth as water, she had no muscle twitching to take note of.

(Image of Niko Style guard)

niko-style

Diana arrived quickly before throwing a barrage of finely tuned and calculated punches at me while I watched her intel learning everything there was to know about her fighting style, absorbing it, and picking it apart, if the fighting technique she was showing me had weaknesses than I would surly find it.

"You're analytical like your father." Diana said as she sent a kick to my side which I dodged as I sensed the power behind it, I couldn't fall down just yet.

"I'm unsure of how to respond to that." I replied truthfully as I sent a quick jab at her face which she dodged.

"Have you not accepted Bruce as your father? I assure you he is." Diana said as she disappeared from her spot and resorted next to me before sending a punch at the side of my face but unfortunately for her, I sensed her movement and responded accordingly.

Just as Diana sent the punch I sidestepped just a bit before ever so delicately slapping the side of her fist which caused Diana to be lifted from the ground and flipped into the air. Now, normally this wouldn't be possible but with the existence of the move Weeping Willow of the Redirection Kata, it become achievable.

(Image of the Weeping Willow flip)

niko-style

The Redirection Kata otherwise known as the Flow Control Form involves manipulating the "flow of power", using minimal motions to turn the opponent's attacks against them. As a result, this kata requires incredible kinetic vision and extremely delicate physical control, which I have.

"What an interesting technique." Diana said as she landed on her feet, a simple flip wouldn't knock her down.

"Indeed." I replied knowing she was right, the Niko Style was a very interesting technique and I was happy to have someone whom I could test it out on, although I was able to learn it easily, practice makes perfect.

Diana and I charged at each other unaware of the big smiles we both had on our faces, we were enjoying this more than we thought we would. Fist after fist, kick after kick, we sent various attacks at each other relentlessly until we forgot that we were having a simple spar, I was engrossed in the feeling of fighting this woman, I felt drawn to her in a unique way similar to Raven but completely different and also incomplete, and by the expression on Diana's face, I could safely say she felt the same as me.

We both felt that unique draw we had to each other but we also felt that odd sense of something being incomplete between the two of us, something was missing and I was uncertain how to handle that but I wouldn't think about that now, for the moment I wanted to enjoy our fight, we both we immersed in a fight of pure martial arts and we both loved it equally.

"Enough!" Bruce shouted as he made his entrance while walking with Superman who was looking at Diana and I like we were weird.

"What? We're just sparing." I said slightly annoyed that he stopped our fun.

"Sparing? Have you seen how you look Daud?" Bruce said to me.

I arched an eyebrow at the man before looking down and noticing that I was covered in blood, Diana got lost in the fun just as I did.

"I'll be fine." I said as all of my wounds healed at a rapid rate while sucking the blood that had gotten out back in, even the blood that had fallen on the floor was climbing up my leg and entering my wounds which I found slightly odd, I don't remember Wolverines healing factor being able to recall blood but I wasn't Wolverine so its not completely unexpected.

Bruce didn't say anything to me before looking at Diana who had blood on herself as well but not as much as me since a lot of it was my blood and it was being recalled through the fight. The man already knew of my healing capabilities after he found me fighting Black Adam so he didn't have much to say about my rapid healing.

"What happened to a regular spar to test his level?" Bruce asked calmly, he was back to normal.

"Not everything turns out as we intend it to." Diana replied cryptically, with her cold and disinterested expression, an expression completely different from the blood-lusting expression she held moments ago, she was just as immersed in the fight as I was.

Bruce didn't respond to that and instead looked between the two of us for a few moments before speaking.

"We will begin your emotional control training tomorrow." Bruce said before turning around, I knew he had more to say than that but kept it to himself.

"Alright." I replied, if he didn't want to speak I wouldn't force it out of him.

[System incentive complete]

[Does the host accept the reward?]

Although I wanted to accept now I felt it was better to wait until I was alone since accepting a bloodline may or may not knock me out completely.

"I apologize." Diana said to me with her regular cold face, if I couldn't sense lies I might've thought she was lying.

"About what? We were just having fun, don't sweat the small stuff." I replied with a smile before noticing how calm I was with this woman, not once did I grow angry when she struck me like I would if others did.

"…I suppose you're right." Diana replied after a few moments of thought.

"We will begin our actual training after you're done with Bruce's training tomorrow." Diana said before continuing.

"For now you should… clean yourself up." Diana said as her eyes swept over my shirtless body many times before turning around and walking away.

'Alright then.' I said to myself as I made my way back to my room which was empty due to Raven being out with some of the girls on the team.

Quickly I got into the shower to get the sweat of off me and after doing that I went to bed before lying down and speaking in my head.

'Accept.' I said before I began to grow drowsy and eventually fell asleep completely, I was right, this knocked me out completely.

To be continued…

25