Twenty
435 8 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'That's a new feeling...' I said as I opened my eyes.

Immediately upon waking up, I wanted to fight. Yeah, that's all, I wanted to test my strength out, improve upon it, and enjoy a good fight, and while I did that yesterday with Diana today I wasn't looking for that, today I wanted a real life-or-death fight which wasn't something I usually care for. Fighting had always been a means to an end for me but at the moment I just wanted to fight since I knew I'd be fun, I'd get a thrill out of it.

'Hanma huh.' I said as I sat up on the bed.

In truth accepting the Hanma bloodline could be considered dumb since I've had a hard time controlling my aggression and aggravation since gaining the feral gene but believed that I if I continued as I was with my meditation I would be fine. During the time I was continuing the fusion process I noticed that as I wasn't annoyed or frustrated, I was calm, calm as could be.

It was honestly refreshing, to be able to function without that constant sense of annoyance eating away at me, I wanted that again, and according to my predictions, it would be around two months until I could regain the same emotional control that I had but that didn't mean I would be going ape shit in the meantime, I would slowly but surely work up to it, even now I was calmer than I was a week ago which some would fine weird since I now had the Hanma bloodline plus with my emotional training with Bruce I believed I'd be completely fine.

Now onto the Hanma bloodline itself. It was commonly believed that the Hanma bloodline was full of hot-blooded combatants who were at the peak of humanity and for the most part that was completely true but they weren't born at the peak. Hanma's were hot-blooded humans ready to fight any time but they weren't uncontrolled animals who were at the beck and call of their instincts, they were beings of raw control and power.

The benefits I got from the Hanma bloodline weren't something that would show itself immediately, just like every other Hanma to have existed I'll have to work to achieve what they had while controlling the hot-blooded nature of the Hanma bloodline but honestly, it wasn't very hard for me to do so, I wanted to fight for sure but I didn't want to slaughter everyone or anything like that, the feeling wasn't nearly as demanding as my feral genes.

'The rewards have covered everything that would benefit the current me so now it's up to me to grow my power.' I told myself as I got up from the bed, Raven wasn't here for whatever reason.

After getting out of bed I did as I do every morning, I took a shower and cleaned myself up before leaving my room. As I made my exit I began to make my way to the training room, I wanted to get right into it and I had no reason not to.

After walking for a bit I entered the training room and saw the beauty who's usually sleeping at this time.

"Hey..." Raven said as she took deep breaths, she was tired from her exercises.

"Morning." I said with a smile as I made my way to the warm-up weights.

"Wait." Raven said causing me to pause and turn back to her.

Raven walked toward me before grabbing my shirt and getting onto her tippy toes. She wanted a kiss but was too short to get one from me. I smiled at Raven's cuteness before leaning down and connecting our lips. Raven and I kissed for a few moments in the empty training room until it wasn't empty anymore.

"Damn guys." Wally said as he entered the room with Richard, Conner, and Garfield.

"I'm going back to the room." Raven said before flying out of the room.

"Alright." I replied as I watched her fly away.

"You guys datin' or what?" Wally said as the group approached me.

"Yeah." I replied, we hadn't actually said we were dating but I'd be damned if I let another man get at her just because I didn't confirm our status.

'I'll have to talk to her about that later.' I told myself feeling I should make myself clear and see how she feels about it.

"Cool, good for you guys." Wally said with a smile as he prepared to start working out.

"Thanks." I replied as I reached for the 200lbs dumbells.

We all spoke some as we worked out but all of the friendly banter came to a stop when I threw 6 Tons onto the bench.

"Hey buddy, you sure about that?" Wally asked me with an uncertain face as I got under the bar.

"It's fine." I said as I lifted the weight easily before doing ten reps.

A perk of the Hanma bloodline was that they couldn't overwork themselves hence why they could reach the pinnacle of what their races could achieve, the Hanma's could always keep going, and if we combine that perk with my healing factor I had potential for massive growth.

"That meta-gene evolution did a lot for you huh?" Wally said with an arched brow as he got onto the speedster's running machine.

"Yeah, you were pretty, ugh, crazy the other day." Richard said slightly awkwardly.

"Hehe, you were more beast than me." Garfield said as he hung on the pull-up bar.

"*Sigh* I know." I said as I threw on 250 more pounds.

Once again we all began talking about random things while working out. I wasn't super close with any of them since I tend to keep to myself more so than Aqualad who's always silent but I didn't mind talking with them like this, but everything has to come to an end and so did this exercise session.

"Daud." Bruce said as he walked into the training room.

"Yeah?" I replied as I finished my set of skull crushers.

"Are you ready?" Bruce asked me while looking around at the voters.

"Whenever you are." I replied again.

"Then let's get going, I don't have much time." Bruce said before walking toward the exit of the room.

"Good luck man, he seems even more serious than usual."Richard said as watching me and Bruce depart.

"Have you any questions?" Bruce asked while we walked down the hallway.

"Where's Barda?" I asked, I was curious about her, was she dead or just missing?

"She's currently on a mission off planet ." Bruce replied.

"That so?" I asked before continuing, he didn't seem like he would tell me where so I'll skip that question.

"How long has she been gone for?" I asked curiously.

"She left after we sent you to the orphanage." Bruce replied promptly.

"I see." I replied, I honestly didn't have many questions I wanted to ask him now, it was still sinking in that I was Batman's son.

We fell into silence as we walked down the hallway, Bruce was horrible about stuff like this so he felt it was better to ignore it and I wasn't much better, I had time to think about things to ask him but I couldn't bring myself to care more than the surface level. My life had been that of most orphans in Gotham, shitty, but it could've been worse and I wasn't immature enough to blame Bruce for all of the problems I experiences, and I didn't care enough to do it.

I wasn't mad at Bruce or Barda for their choice to send me away, I simply didn't care and although that may be weird of me I couldn't help it, I've already grown used to not having parents from my first and second life, at a point I kinda just learned to not care about things like that.

"Training emotional control is a simple but barbaric experience." Bruce said as we entered a room that held a huge box with multiple tanks connected to it.

"Emotions are not something you can completely suppress and understand but they are something you can get used to." Bruce said.

"In this training session, you will enter this box and you will not come out until you have found a way to calm yourself." Bruce said.

"Now, I'm aware of your healing ability so a human-level chemical most likely won't affect you so the chemical that will be injected into the container will be strong enough to work on Superman, so I suggest you take this seriously." Bruce said.

When I first saw the tanks next to the box and listened to his words I was able to come to the conclusion that he would be using some sort of chemical on me but the thing is that my healing factor makes me immune to such things. or at least on a superhuman level, if it's strong enough to affect Superman it'll probably work on me.

"Enter through the door and hold up your hand when you're ready to begin." Bruce said as he typed some things on the iPad he had in his hand.

"Alright." I said before doing as he said, I was curious to see how much I could improve from this training.

Walking into the cube I set myself in the center before raising my hand and signifying that I was ready.

Immediately upon raising my hand the door I entered from closed before sealing completely and once that was done I picked up the scent of something entering the cube rapidly.

"Ugh..." I grunted lowly as I felt my inner aggravation surging rapidly, I was quickly becoming enraged.

"Find what keeps you grounded Daud, that's the only way you'll get through this." Bruce said before shutting off every light inside of the cube leaving the enraged me in complete darkness.

"GRRRAAAAAHHH!!!!" I released a beast like roar as pure and utter rage took over my mind.

To be continued...

28