Chapter 34: Kate and Loretta’s fight part.2
112 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 34: Kate and Loretta’s fight part.2

Loretta's pov. 

I have been fighting these two wolves with the help of the sacred tree but I can't defeat them as my magic's not offensive but instead healing and defensive in nature. 

Also, the sacred tree's attention is spread too thin as it's currently also helping the Lord fight so it can't help me too much. 

It's so relieving that Kate got here in time as I don't think I could have lasted any longer as I am just barely managing to keep the two wolves at bay with my only new offensive debuff-type skill [Life Drain (E) lvl.1], as my [Spirit Shot] skill was removed when I evolved which I certainly did not expect in the slightest.

Life Drain (E) lvl. 1 

This skill allows the user to slowly drain the life force of their enemies to weaken them or if used extensively even kill them. 

Cost: 10Mp per minute. 

“Kate, here let me help you”

As I talked I used my buffing skill [Vigorous Life (D) lvl.1] and my defensive skill [Robust Life (E) lvl.1] to buff Kate who had just finished attacking the two wolves once and was getting ready for another attack. 

Vigorous Life (D) lvl. 1 

This skill allows the user to boost all the physical capabilities of an individual. Its effect lasts 5 minutes. 

Cost: 40Mp per use 

Robust Life (E) lvl. 1 

This skill allows the user to boost the defensive capabilities of an individual. Its effect lasts 5 minutes. 

Cost: 30Mp per use. 

Feeling the effects of my buffs, Kate thanked me before rushing straight at the two wolves for the second time to attack. 

As he neared the wolves, they tried to use their claws to attack him though due to the effects of the buffs given by me and his superior agility, they missed but one of them did manage to bite him in the shoulder. 

He flinched in the pain for an instant before quickly using his two daggers to stab the wolf who was biting him in quick succession to finish it off before using a skill that let him conjure shadow blades to attack the wolf before it got a chance to attack him. 

As soon as he finished killing the wolf that was biting him, he immediately rushed at the other remaining wolf to kill it while it was still distracted by the shadow blades. 

As soon as he finished killing both the wolves I got some system notifications. And yes after my evolution I finally learned what those blue windows I was seeing were. 

Congratulations! You have successfully assisted in killing 2x Dark Forest Wolf lvl. 7.

You have obtained 30 exp. (Reduced exp gain due to being in a support role. )

Congratulations! You have buffed an ally and debuffed 2 enemies in a successful battle effectively.

You have received 10 additional exp for effective support.

As I read the new notifications I noticed that I had some extra experience due to effectively supporting during the battle. 

It must serve as a way to counteract the fact that I don't have any direct offensive skills and mostly support skills which is why this is a very welcome surprise to me as it means I won't lag behind others.

Then as I finished reading the notifications I turned towards Kate who also just finished looking over his notifications and said.

“Kate, now that we have dispatched these two wolves we should hurry and go help the sacred tree fend off the other eight wolves as the lord is busy fighting that cloaked figure and I noticed he also called back the wind blades he diverted to help the sacred tree to fight the cloaked individual. ” 

Immediately after hearing me out, he nodded in agreement with his new vague humanoid body which was made of black energy without any real defining features other than his face even that only had two indents for eyes and a slit for a mouth, and even darker butterfly wings sprouted from his back and wrapped around him like a cloak of darkness. 

After receiving his agreement the both of us quickly flew to where the sacred tree was fending off the eight remaining wolves though only four of them were still alive when we reached there the other four had been killed and sucked dry of their blood. 

I quickly used [Life Drain] on the four of them weakening even further than they were after fighting the sacred tree for this long.

 Meanwhile, Kate, still under the buff effects, used [Shadow Walk] to close the distance quickly and attacked the closest wolf with his dual shadow blades and used [Shadow Blade] to create two blades each from the shadows of the other three wolves. 

This resulted in the one attacked directly by Kate getting killed and two more getting seriously injured by the unexpected shadow blades and getting killed by the Sacred tree right after. 

The last wolf dodged the shadow blades just in the nick of time but ended up taking from the sacred tree, Just as Kate was about to use [Shadow Walk] and finish off that last wolf. 

A sudden pressure enveloped the surrounding area, and my senses started screaming Danger! At me like crazy.

 Without even thinking I immediately fled as far from the source of the immense pressure as possible, Kate also immediately used [Shadow Walk] to flee quickly.

As I kept fleeing, I remembered that the area from where the pressure emanated was where the Lord was fighting. 

So just as I turned around to see if the Lord was okay, I saw a massive blade of flames manifesting above the Lord releasing immense heat and pressure. 

As the massive blade of flames slashed towards the cloaked individual, they noticed the danger too late as the blade formed in mere seconds even though it felt like such a long time had passed. 

As the blade neared the cloaked individual quickly manifested a wall of shadows in front of them to defend against the blade.

Then the blade hit the wall of shadows and stopped in its tracks for a second as intense sizzling sounds echoed all around, before burning straight through the wall of shadows and cutting the cloaked individual who had a horrified and surprised expression on his face straight through the middle into two perfect halves with the sizzling flesh being the only sound anyone heard as the blade slowly disappeared into the air.

I was so shocked, awed, and slack-jawed by this scene that I didn't even move for a while and just gazed at the cloaked individual's two separated halves still sizzling from the heat as the face still had that horrified expression.

I was only snapped out of my reverie when I saw the Lord’s kneeling body which was riddled with countless web-like cracks, and the Lord was currently unconscious. 

I immediately flew over as fast as I could and started healing the Lord using [Spirit Healing] and my newest healing skill [Life’s Grace (D) lvl.1] which allows me to not only heal the Lord spiritually but also physically while reducing pain and calming the mind.

 Meanwhile, Kate, seeing that I was healing, the Lord decided to leave me and search the area for any more enemies and also to call out the other spirit wisps to help carry the Lord to the Sacred tree. 

For now, I just sat there beside the injured and kneeling Lord while healing them, still feeling awed by how truly mighty our Lord is.

Life’s Grace (D) lvl.1:

This skill allows the user to bestow life’s grace upon any individual to heal their physical wounds and it also reduces their pain and calms them down. Requires Physical contact to show full effectiveness, if not in contact effect will be 50% weaker.

Cost: 10 Mp per minute.

Thanks for reading my novel, if you like it then do consider dropping a rating or review. As they will be greatly appreciated. 

Also if any of yall wish to support me or read 4 or 10 chapters ahead of the others feel free to check out and perhaps join my patreon. link below.

Note: Currently the extra chapters are not available as I had been badly sick for a while until now and even now I am feeling a little sick. 

Thus I couldn't edit the unedited chapters to release them though fortunately I had already scheduled chapter releases upto chapter 33 so the releases here did not get interrupted too much.

Anyways we are almost at the end of the first arc “Evergreen Beginnings”, a introductory prologue type arc. In the next arc there will be way more happening than in this arc. 

Though after this arc finishes releasing I will be pausing the release for a month as I have board exams coming up soon though I should start the release in middle of March again.

Thanks for reading and sorry 😔 for all inconveniences caused. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=83723730 

3