Chapter 2: The System
513 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hello readers I wish to inform you all that I have edited the mistakes which I found in this chapter and also changed all mentions of will speaking to will thinking as he currently cannot actually speak. 

If any of you have any questions feel free to ask in the comments and I highly appreciate any and all feedback you all could give. So if there are any more mistakes then do kindly point out if possible.

Enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 2: The System

Will had been floating for quite a while through the plains filled with azure grass but had still not encountered another living creature.

‘Also how in the name of god am I able to float like this? I really don't understand it at all, I don't even feel any fatigue after floating for so long, so just what exactly have I become.’

Will thought as he continued floating in a straight line through the plains in hopes of encountering another living being.

Then as he was thinking about what kind of creature he has become instead of a human, a blue screen suddenly appeared in front of his vision.

Ding! The system initialisation process is successful.

All system functions are activating.

Ding! All system functions are now online.

The tutorial quest is now commencing.

TUTORIAL QUEST

  • Open the status tab

‘What the, where did this blue screen come from out of nowhere! ’ 

Will exclaimed mentally, surprised by the sudden appearance of the floating blue screen. 

After this he also tried to move his vision away from the screen but he discovered that the screen followed his vision , so he instead tried to open this status tab that the floating blue screen was telling him to.

‘Ok, so how exactly do I open this status window, ah that's it! If this is like those isekai novels which I had read before, then the status should open when I say the word out loud. ’

Remembering about those isekai novels he had read before he decided to focus on the word status in his mind.

‘STATUS! ’

Immediately after he focused on the word status, a new blue screen appeared out of nowhere beside the tutorial quest screen.

STATUS

NAME: N/A (WILL)

RACE: SPIRIT WISP

LEVEL: 1 (0/5)

GENDER: N/A

RACIAL SKILLS

SKILLS

TITLES

INVENTORY

QUESTS

SYSTEM SHOP

“Oh it really is like those isekai novels which I had read before and it also looks like the tutorial quest has progressed.” 

TUTORIAL QUEST

  • Open the status tab
  • Use any one of your skills

‘Huh so according to the tutorial I have to use a skill, then that must mean this world is like a game and that I have skills then is one of my skills allowing me to float like this. ’ 

Thought Will before he started to try and get more details from the system about the status which he succeeded in as he found that he could expand the options in the status to view more detailed info about the option.

‘Alright first let's see what info I can get on spirit wisps as I seem to have become a spirit wisp instead of a human. ’

Thought Will before expanding the race option to view more detailed information.

Spirit wisp

It is a spiritual creature which is born from a dead creature's soul remains and is highly resistant to physical damage and is able to naturally float due to its spiritual nature.

‘Alright so the spirit wisp is kind of like a ghost huh, and it looks like my ability to float isn't actually a skill. Then now let's see what the racial skills are about.” 

Thought Will as he expanded the racial skills option to view more detailed information.

Racial skill

It is a skill which is unique to a particular race and a creature belonging to that race can gain more racial skills as they level up.

Unlocked skills

Spirit body (active) lvl.1:

This skill when activated temporarily changes the user's body to a complete spirit body which makes the user immune to all physical attacks. Can only be used twice a week.

‘Oh! The spirit body skill's effect is quite awesome, though it's a shame it can only be used twice a week and the system is also not telling just how long the skill stays active which is annoying to say the least. Though let's see if I have any other skills. ’

Skills

Skills are special abilities which a creature has. They are divided into many groups from weakest to strongest.

F>E>D>C>B>A>S>EX

Soul fragment absorption (F) lvl.1

This skill allows the user to absorb a dead living creature's soul fragments to gain power.

‘Well I expected more skills to be available but I guess this is all I have though the soul fragment absorption skill's effect sounds awesome so I don't understand why it's only F rank. ’ 

Thought Will feeling a little confused at the low ranking of the skill.

‘Man this sucks. If I meet a hostile living creature then I am going to be so helpless without an offensive skill. ’ 

Thought Will as he opened the Titles option.

TITLES

The One who made a Deal with ######:

A title given to the One who made a Deal with ######. It gives the following effects.

Access to system shop

Unknown

Unknown

Unknown

Unknown

The system does not know the remaining effects.

Race Progenitor ( Spirit wisp race):

A title given to a first of Its race. It comes with the following effects.

Total loyalty of all new spirit wisp race members

Access to unique progenitor skills

Hidden

Hidden

Hidden

Hidden until the title holder reaches a certain level.

‘... um well, these titles are very unexpected, and if the titles are correct then I am the only one of my kind and also is the first title about the deal I made with the mysterious black entity and if so then why does the system not know the effects after all it would have been very useful if it had known them. ’

Thought Will with disappointment at the fact that not even the system could tell him the conditions of the deal.

Then he decided to continue his journey floating forward in hopes of finding another living being in the azure grass plains instead of using one of his skills to continue the tutorial as one of his skills was not usable until he finds a dead creature and the other is a very important survival skill with limited number of uses which he didn't want to use up so he decided to delay the continuation of the tutorial quest for a while and if he still does not find any other living being then he will continue the tutorial quest.

19