Chapter 3: The Plains of the Forgotten
390 4 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This chapter has been edited to change some small details, also if any of you readers see a mistake in this chapter feel free to provide feedback or point out the mistake if you do not mind, I will also try my best to fix it. All feedback is greatly appreciated and I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

Chapter 3: The Plains of the Forgotten

Will's viewpoint

Man, just what's happening here, like I have still not met any other living creature other than me and I am pretty sure that I have been floating in a straight line for hours upon hours.

Looks like I have no other choice than to continue with the tutorial quest and use my spirit body skill which I really didn't want to use because of the limited uses of the skill per week.

‘Actually, hey system, how exactly do I use my skills, would you help me a little’. I mentally asked the system a little embarrassed remembering that I had actually forgotten to ask it before about how to use my skill.

Then a couple seconds after I asked the system for help with using my skill, I suddenly felt a large amount of information about using the spirit body skill filling my mind out of nowhere which caused a mild headache to me.

‘Alright note to self, learning how to use a new skill causes a headache so I should probably only do it when I am completely sure of my safety. ’

After I made a mental note of that in my mind, I decided to wait a while to recover from my headache before using my skill.

Then after a while when my headache had reduced to a point where I could ignore it. I started to use the knowledge about using the spirit body skill to use my spirit body skill. 

First I relaxed my entire body and just floated, then I mentally willed for the skill to activate after which I slowly started to feel as if my entire body was slowly starting to lose its physical shape and melting into thin air.

Though instead of mixing with the thin air I found myself in a weird space which was like a mirror world as it was an exact copy of the physical world except everywhere I looked everything was blue here.

‘Wow this place is so beautiful!’.

I couldn't help but mentally exclaim in my mind as I kept looking everywhere at the mystical blue world I found myself in now.

NOTICE

Congratulations to the host for entering the spirit world. The host will receive exp for visiting the spirit world for the first time (+10 exp).

Oh cool it looks like I get experience whenever I visit a new place and also it looks like this beautiful place is called the spirit world. Then I also got more system messages about me levelling up and progressing the tutorial quest.

Congratulations to the host for reaching the experience threshold of level 1.

The host has levelled up to level 2 and has obtained 5 skill points.

TUTORIAL QUEST

  • Open the status tab
  • Use any one of your skills
  • Purchase a new skill from the system shop.

Ah right, since I got experience by visiting the spirit world I levelled up and it also looks like I got 5 skill points which I think is what I might need to buy new skills and now that I think about it I actually haven't opened the system shop tab even once. So I should check that out as well, though before that I want to investigate something.

Then I looked towards a small system message box at the corner of vision which had appeared together with the messages of me gaining experience, levelling up and progressing the tutorial quest.

SKILL TIMER

Remaining active time of spirit body skill : 7/10 mins

The small system message box was a timer showing me how much time I had left of the skill spirit body which from the looks of it has a 10 minute active period after being used after which it most probably just switches off.

Alright, first I had noticed before that there's a grey crack in this spirit world where everything is blue which is extremely suspicious. So I should first investigate that grey crack before I check out the system shop.

Then I started to float as fast as I could towards the grey crack in the spirit world. Then after a couple minutes I managed to reach the grey crack though I must say I really float quite slow.

I wish I could float faster. Though let's think about that later and instead focus on this grey crack. As I got closer and closer to it, it felt as if some restraints which I didn't notice were restraining me, got shattered as I continued to get closer and closer to the grey crack.

Then as I finally passed through the grey crack I found myself at the entrance of a forest instead of a plain full of azure grass and there were even many weird animals which I hadn't seen before everywhere.

“Yes! I finally found other living creatures and I am also out of that azure grass plains now”. I exclaimed in joy at finally escaping that azure grass plains and finding another living creature other than me.

Then as I was celebrating finally escaping that azure grass plains and finding other living creatures, I suddenly got a new system message.

SECRET DISCOVERED

Congratulations to the host for discovering the secret of The Plains of the Forgotten.

The Plains of the Forgotten have been a very effective prison where once when any creature entered it, they never came out again but today the host managed to find the secret of The Plains of the Forgotten and escaped the prison that held the title of Inescapable Prison before.

Due to this achievement the host has obtained 10 additional skill points and a new title known as The One Who Escaped The Inescapable.

 

The One Who Escaped The Inescapable

A title given only to an individual who managed to escape a prison or other type of confinement which has gained the title Inescapable. It gives the following benefits:

Increased affinity to escape and survival type skills.

Acquisition of the skill (Unstoppable lvl.1)

Hidden

Hidden

Hidden

To use the other benefits of the title the title holder needs to reach a certain level.

 

Unstoppable lvl.1

This skill allows the user to temporarily be able to enter the gap between dimensions and become able to ignore every attack or blockage though the skill's effect will be deactivated should the skill user attack while the skill is active. (Can only be used once every three months)

What the hell! You are telling me the azure grass plains I was in previously was actually a prison on top of that it even had a Inescapable title then why in god's name was I in a prison of all things. It's fortunate I escaped soon or I have gone insane from boredom in there.

I really am very lucky to have had the spirit body skill or I would have probably been trapped in there forever and it also looks like I got an amazing new skill and title as well for escaping that prison.

Damn that mysterious black entity to think that it actually not only reincarnated me in another world as an non-human creature but he also put me in an supposedly Inescapable prison like couldn't he have just put me in a normal location.

Then I continued to swear at the mysterious black entity for putting me in such a location for a while.

20